Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BeginAgain

peteeeed wrote: »
    John wick 1.5 sorry i mean ' Polar'
    An assassin on the verge of retirement must put the good life on hold when his greedy boss sends a squad of young, ruthless killers to take him out.

220px-Polar_%282019%29_poster.jpeg

Biggie & Tupac

Animas
    A teen's eerie visions become increasingly frequent and terrifying after her longtime friend gets a girlfriend and his abusive dad is strangely killed

Club de Cuervos season 4
    A brother and sister battle high expectations and each other after inheriting a soccer team. A series from the creators of "Nosotros los Nobles

The Cured
    The zombie apocalypse is thwarted by a cure for the virus. But now that the antidote is found, who will fix a broken society?

Kingdom Season 1
    While strange rumors about their ill king grip a kingdom, the crown prince becomes their only hope against a mysterious plague overtaking the land

Medici Season 2

added today

Kingdom is getting really good reviews, good cast, looks beautiful. Its 6 episodes with a total of 12 commissioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

BeginAgain wrote: »
    Kingdom is getting really good reviews, good cast, looks beautiful. Its 6 episodes with a total of 12 commissioned.

Nice one! When I saw the trailer, I assumed it was a one off movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

50 shades darker
    The conjuring 2

Added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Just finished Friends from College last night. Only two seasons so far and the episodes are only a half hour each. It's really good, less romcom than I thought it would be, it has a bit more meat but its still funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

BeginAgain wrote: »

Looks class and I usually lose interest when I hear there are zombies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A lot of people were recommending Get Me Roger Stone yesterday, but I couldn't find it. Has it gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Moyglish

A lot of people were recommending Get Me Roger Stone yesterday, but I couldn't find it. Has it gone?

I just searched there, and it's still there for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

tigger123 wrote: »
    Had never seen it before, so watched Gattaca last night. Cracking film, would definitely recommend it if you never got around to it before.

One of my favorites. Brilliant film with a brilliant cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Moyglish wrote: »
    I just searched there, and it's still there for me.

Damn. I searched through all the documentaries and for "get me..." and it didn't come up on the TV.

But I see now I can see it on my phone app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've watched abducted in plain sight up until the "mission" and I'm sorry but how gualible can parents be ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've watched abducted in plain sight up until the "mission" and I'm sorry but how gualible can parents be ?

Braindead,self serving,egocentric morons.

They were happy to put their own closet panderings and hush hush kicks ahead of their kids welfare.

Vile humans one and all.

The parents were every bit as weird as that creep "B".

Throw the book at the lot of em :(

Looks class and I usually lose interest when I hear there are zombies.

And my interest picks up 😁

Uncharted wrote: »
    Braindead,self serving,egocentric morons.

They were happy to put their own closet panderings and hush hush kicks ahead of their kids welfare.

Vile humans one and all.

The parents were every bit as weird as that creep "B".

Throw the book at the lot of em :(

I haven't watched any further and I probably will finish it at some point but I don't think i've ever watched a part of documentary on something and been that angry and annoyed this early. I've been annoyed at the end but not in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Started Polar last night. Awful movie. Turned it off after an hour. Trying hard to be John Wick but a very poor imitation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Started Polar last night. Awful movie. Turned it off after an hour. Trying hard to be John Wick but a very poor imitation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I haven't watched any further and I probably will finish it at some point but I don't think i've ever watched a part of documentary on something and been that angry and annoyed this early. I've been annoyed at the end but not in the middle.

I stopped too, right after they signed the affadavit saying that she hadn't been kidnapped. They try to come across as the victims who didn't know any better but they're as bad as he was. "We didn't know then what a child molester was" or words to that effect. You don't have to know anything about molestation to know that allowing a grown man in your child's bed is wrong. Dangerous freaks the lot of them.

The docu might have suffered a bit from being hyped up by so many people. That raises expectations. My husband and I were lucky that we didn’t really know what to expect from it. That’s why we enjoyed it so much. I couldn’t have found it less boring, mainly because I could not believe what a delusional, arrogant fücko Billy was.

I hadn't bought into any hype - I watched cos I wasn't sure what to watch when I finished one show so i stuck it on thinking it might be mildly interesting.

And that's all I found it to be: mildly interesting.

I might have found it more interesting if the had bothered to find anyone involved that you could like or even empathise with. It just left me a bit cold and while the premise is a bit mad, the final product fell a bit flat for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I hadn't bought into any hype - I watched cos I wasn't sure what to watch when I finished one show so i stuck it on thinking it might be mildly interesting.

And that's all I found it to be: mildly interesting.

I might have found it more interesting if the had bothered to find anyone involved that you could like or even empathise with. It just left me a bit cold and while the premise is a bit mad, the final product fell a bit flat for me.
    I don't think I liked a single main person in it either, vast majority of them seemed like the most vile self obsessed narcissists.
    They were all pretty quick to pass the blame, taking no acceptance for their part in it.
    Mildly diverting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kerplun k

WOW, just watched the final episode of It’s Always Sunny, I’m actually speechless. Of all the shows, I never thought this would be one that would have me close to tears. Completely blew me away.

On a slightly negative note, I don’t think the show can ever go back to what it was, but holy cr*p, what an ending.

• Advertisement

Just finished La Mante.

Would recommend. There was a lot about the finale I thought could have been done differently but I was in at that stage. Also a lot they could have done worse when they changed directions in the finale.

As a sidebar, one of the main characters, actress Manon Azem, is ridiculously attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

kerplun k wrote: »
    WOW, just watched the final episode of It’s Always Sunny, I’m actually speechless. Of all the shows, I never thought this would be one that would have me close to tears. Completely blew me away.

On a slightly negative note, I don’t think the show can ever go back to what it was, but holy cr*p, what an ending.

Had a similar reaction. Opinions are fairly split on it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

K so I've heard bout reactions like yours... What am I not getting? What's so amazing about it?

I'm not crapping on it, I just genuinely don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Deco99 wrote: »
    K so I've heard bout reactions like yours... What am I not getting? What's so amazing about it?

It's a beautiful meditation on one person's internal struggle that's made even more profound by it being completely at odds with what we've come to expect from the series, topped off with a fantastic Sigur Ros track. And Danny DeVito's reaction at the end just tops it off.

I watched it first, wincing as I was waiting for the inevitable joke that would come to ruin Mac's moment and watch it again straight away to really take it all in. Its a great piece of television because it's so unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

Just watched Broken with Sean Bean. A hard watch but compelling viewing. Bean plays a priest battling his demons while helping others fight there's to varying degrees of success.

Brilliantly written by Jimmy McGovern.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Noodles81 wrote: »
    Just watched Broken with Sean Bean. A hard watch but compelling viewing. Bean plays a priest battling his demons while helping others fight there's to varying degrees of success.

Brilliantly written by Jimmy McGovern.

Jimmy McGovern is a genius (go watch both series of "The Lakes" if they are still to be found) and I'm definitely putting this on my "Must Watch" list. Thanks for the suggestion.

Is it only on Netflix, though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

New Home wrote: »
    Jimmy McGovern is a genius (go watch both series of "The Lakes" if they are still to be found) and I'm definitely putting this on my "Must Watch" list. Thanks for the suggestion.

Is it only on Netflix, though?

Just located the 2 seasons of "The Lakes" (not via Netflix). Looking forward to giving it a watch.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Ignoring the fact that iasif is one of the most irreverent shows out there, the last scene is just visceral, it comes out of nowhere and is just epic.
    The setting of a prison, a nasty father, a son that can’t express himself, a surrogate father willing that son on, the sneaky methopher of letting the blood out or keeping it bottled inside, and that feeling of great sickness of keeping it inside. The dance at the end is Mac letting everything out. The scene itself was handled beautifully, the music, the staging, the choreography, the acting, it was just phenomenal. If you could submit that last 15 minutes for best live action short at this years Oscars it would be a clear winner, and the kicker is that this all comes from a show that once held a fake baby funeral so a character could get out of a tax audit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just located the 2 seasons of "The Lakes" (not via Netflix). Looking forward to giving it a watch.

Ah, excellent! :)

It's one of those series you'll watch again and again, because with each viewing you discover a layer that went over your head the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

After 13 seasons of anarchy its like saying good day to an elderly neighbour and she spits in your face. Came outta nowhere.

Of all the sunny characters Macs was always the most interesting. Charlie is the most fun though. Go **** yourselves !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Heckler wrote: »
    After 13 seasons of anarchy its like saying good day to an elderly neighbour and she spits in your face. Came outta nowhere.

Of all the sunny characters Macs was always the most interesting. Charlie is the most fun though. Go **** yourselves !!

Yep he's always been developing as a character and in contrast to all the physical extremes he's put his body through. The end of season 13 ended up being the most impressive and unexpected. Took 5 months of training.

• Advertisement

batgoat wrote: »
    Yep he's always been developing as a character and in contrast to all the physical extremes he's put his body through. The end of season 13 ended up being the most impressive and unexpected. Took 5 months of training.

From fat Mac to fit Mac his transformations has been crazy. Sweet Dee must be some understanding wife !

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

Thank you and New Home for your suggestions. I'll definitely watch anything by Jimmy McGovern after watching Broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Even those things considered,the notion of putting your kid in a situation like that is beyond fcuked up .

I think those parents should have faced charges.
    Even for neglect. Utterly useless parents.

The FBI agent was livid at them even years later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I might not have been heavily involved enough in Always Sunny as I dip in and out of it but that looks like a jumping the shark moment to me for a supposedly cynical show.

The FBI agent was livid at them even years later.

From the bit I saw yeah he was doing his best not to just shout "you ****ing idiots" at the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

4 episodes into sex education and its alot better than expected. Its like a mix of the inbetweeners and derry girls.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

4 episodes into sex education and its alot better than expected. Its like a mix of the inbetweeners and derry girls.
    Yeah, really enjoyed it myself. Very easy watch and very well-written.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Would appreciate a PM on where to watch these thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Any recommendations on a newer stand up special ?

Ive just finished abducted in plain sight. Sweet baby Jesus and the donkey this was the 1970's not the 1800's and surely you didn't have to a genius to know that what was happening was wrong. Her parents come across as unbelievable naive and just not street smart and that FBI agent came across as really annoyed at how the whole thing went when there were clear opportunities to stop this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Watched Close with Noomi Rapace.

Dire fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Any recommendations on a newer stand up special ?

Louis CK's show from 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

22 minutes was all I could manage of Abducted in Plain Sight.

I mean, what the hell kinda weirdo's are we dealing with here? Like, 2 minutes in, we hear how this man with a wife and kids of his own, was around most nights and paying particular attention to Jan. Hellloooooooo???!!!

He got lucky with those dopes I tell ya. I had enough when I got to the part where the father and the main weirdo went for a drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Just finished watching 'abducted in plain sight'.

That has to be the most bizarre 90minutes of a documentary I have ever seen.

I sat in a confused horror as it unfolded,i still don't know how this ridiculous situation arose ?!?

Crazy,crazy stuff. The mind boggles.

What the actual fcuk were the "responsible adults" involved thinking ????

Definitely worth a watch,but be prepared to be amazed,confused and angry in equal measure.

I just came on it to post nearly exactly the same thing!!!

Myself and my daughter watched it and we had our mouths open the whole time.

At one stage I turned to her and said "have you slipped LSD into my drink or what?".

Americans be crazy is all I can say.

peteeeed wrote: »
    Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes
    Present-day interviews, archival footage and audio recordings made on death row form a searing portrait of notorious serial killer Ted Bundy.

Pride and Prejudice season 1
    A rookie joins a team of prosecutors and investigators to fight for the poor and weak -- but it's not the first time that she's met her new boss.

Robozuna season 1
    A boy and his homemade robot enter the toughest competition in the universe while attempting to free their oppressed home from an evil empire.

What Keeps You Alive
    A couple's romantic anniversary retreat to a rural cabin unravels when a childhood friend appears and reveals long-held secrets from the past.

added today

I like the sound of that Pride and Prejudice but couldn't find it last night?

I just couldn't believe the situation they got themselves into and how anyone could possibly be that gullible, then I realised they were Mormons and it all made sense.

I didn't pick up that they were Mormons but you're right, that would explain a lot!

That whole thing was the most bat **** crazy thing I've ever watched. Really ? I mean really ???? How stupid are people.... And to let him in for therapy ?? Jesus ****ing Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

crustybla wrote: »
    22 minutes was all I could manage of Abducted in Plain Sight.

I mean, what the hell kinda weirdo's are we dealing with here? Like, 2 minutes in, we hear how this man with a wife and kids of his own, was around most nights and paying particular attention to Jan. Hellloooooooo???!!!

He got lucky with those dopes I tell ya. I had enough when I got to the part where the father and the main weirdo went for a drive.

Go back and watch the rest of it Crusty.
    It gets worse , if it was a fiction film you'd be going wtf ! The fact that it's real , is just unbelievable , the parents , LDS I think , are just so incredibly out of their minds . Bat **** crazy .

I thought the Wild Wild Country was bad for brainwashing/stupidity/cultishness , this was worse .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Karla (2006)

Based on real events, Paul Bernardo and his wife, Karla Homolka, kidnap, sexually abuse, and murder three young girls. ... Karla Homolka. ... Karla Homolka marries Paul Bernardo despite already having aided him in the rape and murder of her younger sister.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424938/?ref_=nv_sr_2

It's not so much the movie but the story, the fact that this really happened, they actually did what they did.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Assassin's Creed

An Evening with Beverly Luff Linn
    When an unhappily married woman discovers a man from her past has a role in a local theater production, she'll do anything to reconnect with him.

Added today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement