Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Autecher wrote: »
    I just can't watch anything with Kevin Costner in it. The man cannot act.

He was always a bit wooden I thought, but No Way Out is one of my favourite movies of the 80s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

JFK .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Untouchables , what's wrong with you people ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

peteeeed wrote: »
    Untouchables , what's wrong with you people ??

Absolutely brilliant movie.

Hard to forget that moment when he helps that guy fly off the roof of a building!

Also enjoyed Mr Brooks and a perfect world and no way out. He’s been in some quality movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Even The Postman and Waterworld were better than conventional wisdom suggests (ducks for cover).

Kim's convenience season 3
    Doctor foster season 2
    Also Added yesterday too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Tin Cup is a great Costner movie too. Don't get the hate for him at all. He's great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He was pretty good in Yellowstone too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Open Range!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Thanks guys for the recommendations for A Virgin called Jane. I love it!!!!

Just what I need at the moment, bit of light hearted fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Highwaymen left me a bit cold to be honest. As expected Woody Harrelson is the best part of the movie. I think a documentary about the two real life guys could he interesting though.

Also in Costners Defence not even a NFL fan but I thought Draft Day was very watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Any word on when mindhunter season 2 will be out ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Deliverance is on the USA library:eek:

HAPPY DAVID ATTENBOROUGH HAS MOVED TO THE DARKSIDE DAY

Our Planet season 1 (david-attenborough's netflix made show)
    Exhilarating visuals and stunning footage of rarely-seen animals mix with somber truths about humanity’s impact on the planet’s habitats and species.
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/apr/05/our-planet-review-david-attenborough-netflix-eco-warrior-activist-bbc

Quick Sand season 1
    After a tragedy at a school sends shock waves through a wealthy Stockholm suburb, a seemingly well-adjusted teen finds herself on trial for murder.

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Part 2
    finds Sabrina exploring her darker side, curious to learn more about her heritage, while struggling to maintain her friendships in the mortal world. Romantically, Sabrina is caught in an unholy love triangle with between sexy warlock Nicholas Scratch and salt-of-the-Earth mortal Harvey Kinkle. Meanwhile, The Dark Lord, Madame Satan, and Father Blackwood continue to conjure chaos in the Spellman household and the town of Greendale. And they aren’t the only ones trying to raise hell. Everything is in question…relationships, identity, true intentions…when the devil’s work is at hand.

Unicorn Store
    Kit, a twenty-something dreamer, receives an invitation that would fulfill her childhood dreams in the directorial debut of Captain Marvel herself, Brie Larson.

Tijuana
    When a prominent politician is murdered in cold blood, intrepid local journalists risk their lives to uncover the truth.

Persona: Collection
    An eclectic exploration of different personas in a collection of four short films directed by critically acclaimed Korean directors.

Roman Empire: Caligula: The Mad Emperor
    Once beloved by the troops and people alike, Caligula shocks Rome by ruling with the cruel depravity and debauchery that make him infamous.

Spirit Riding Free: Season 8
    Big changes lie ahead for Lucky and her friends in an eventful final season — from new babies at home to a faraway boarding school.

Trolls: The Beat Goes On!: Season 6

Alien Warfare
    The U.S. Navy Seal team tackles a top-secret mission at a research center where scientists have mysteriously disappeared and another life form awaits.

Backfire
    When two would-be robbers accidentally kill a made man, they find themselves on the run from the South Philly Italian mob.

Guilty Crown season 1
    After a viral apocalypse, Japan has lost its independence to GHQ. When high school student Shu gains a strange power, he's drawn into the resistance.

The Investigator: A British Crime Story season 2
    After 40 years of inconclusive evidence, renowned criminologist Mark Williams-Thomas re-examines a string of mysterious murder

Playing Hard
    Step inside the Ubisoft offices, and follow designer Jason VandenBerghe's fight to create the video game "For Honor" over four years.

Roman Empire season 3
    This stylish mix of documentary and lavish historical epic chronicles the turbulent, violent reigns of Commodus and Julius Caesar.

The Spy Who Fell to Earth (back up)
    Based on Dr. Ahron Bregman's book, this documentary examines the life and mysterious death of Ashraf Marwan, an Egyptian billionaire and Israeli spy.

Tijuana season 1
    When a prominent politician is murdered, the intrepid journalists of Frente Tijuana risk their lives to uncover the truth.

added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,008 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I just watched the first 5 minutes of Our Planet :eek:

Stunning in 4K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Stunning in 4K.

Really looking forward to this
    The 8 year old is as well which is even better again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

This looks excellent

An epic new 8-part documentary series, narrated by Sir David Attenborough. #OurPlanet. Launching 5 April 2019

Been waiting since i posted this nearly 5 months ago ,dont think i have looked forward to a Netflix show as much as this..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Stunning in 4K.
    Nice!

Just upgraded the telly (and my NF subscription) recently.

This'll be on instead of Happy Feet this weekend. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

rocky1813 wrote: »
    McQueen was a really good documentary. I wouldn't normally be into fashion but found it very moving and sad.

Same here , watched it last night .
    Absolute genius the way his mind worked in the themes for his fashion shows , but very dark .

Sad .

Between Worlds(Nicolas cage )
    Grieving for his dead wife and daughter, a trucker plunges into a romance with a mother who needs his help. The dead, however, are far from gone

Added today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Finally got around to watching Bodyguard. Very enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Damien360

I'm probably a bit late to the party on this one but I watched Black 47 last night and it's actually very good. Great cast and good story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

markc1184 wrote: »
    Finally got around to watching Bodyguard. Very enjoyable.

Thought so also, although
    ending was ridiculous in many ways, him running off after getting the explosive vest off, going to the flat of the girl who set him up and she's alone there even though he gave the police her name during the negotiation, the way the superintendent and nadia the terrorist just started chucking out confessions in details without there being any real need to. That was all the last episode though, and it was still a good episode but in comparison to the rest it wasn't a patch on them. Still all in all a good show, very tense.

Stunning in 4K.

Any idea the minimum broadband speed needed for Netflix 4k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

NIMAN wrote: »
    They recommend 25 Mbps: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/42384

Netflix themselves say 25 megabits per second.

That's me out then!

Just announced that Zack Snyder new film will be Army of the Dead for Netflix starring Dave Bautista.
    Following a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a group of mercenaries take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantine zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.

Just announced that Zack Snyder new film will be Army of the Dead for Netflix starring Dave Bautista.

I'm in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I really think Our Planet is scripted with trained animals, the behaviour of the wildlife is absolutely amazing to look at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I really think Our Planet is scripted with trained animals, the behaviour of the wildlife is absolutely amazing to look at

Jesus wept.

Yeah, they trained 250,000 mackerel, 500,000 flamingoes and a million seabirds. They still haven't figured out a way to train plankton though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Jesus wept.

Yeah, they trained 250,000 mackerel, 500,000 flamingoes and a million seabirds. They still haven't figured out a way to train plankton though.

Enter sarcastic meter photo here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Watchhing the Motory Crue program. What a complete pack of egotistical sexist assholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Jesus wept.

Haha, Jesus... Seriously, how could you take that post seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

anewme wrote: »
    Watchhing the Motory Crue program. What a complete pack of egotistical sexist assholes.

And what a great time it was for music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I’m from that era and always thought they were cheesy American dated crap, even back in the day. They seemed always past it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

anewme wrote: »

Ah no, hair metal was pure scutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭smurf492

anewme wrote:

Motory Crue,? Is that the Japanese version with Mr. Udo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

Stunning in 4K.

It’s a Dolby Vision title for me and I’m just not convinced by Dolby Vision. I watched the first episode and while it looked decent PQ wise it still had that DV feel to me. Not quite bright enough, not vivid enough etc.
    I put on the F1 documentary after it which is 4k but not Dolby Vision and it looks miles better.

If I was looking for reference material from Netflix I wouldn’t chose Out Planet(at least not in my current set up outputting Dolby Vision). Plant Earth 2 would be my go to. Again 4k but not Dolby Vision.

I must figure out how to switch of Dolby Vision on my ATV to see how Our Planet looks then.

Ah no, hair metal was pure scutter.

Meh depends where you look. There were some great metal bands around at the time that were all put under that label.

That's me out then!

Netflix does have one of the best adaptive streaming platforms so you rarely if ever get buffering. If you are ona cheap plan, ala the bargain thread on Turkish sign up etc. define worth trying it out. You may not get a 4k stream all the time but may see an improvement in the picture overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭dougm1970

this vietnam war documentary is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

dougm1970 wrote: »
    this vietnam war documentary is good.

Ken Burns documentaries are normally worth watching. There's a few on Netflix.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Our Planet is phenomenal, perfect for a Sunday.

Though they overdramatize it a bit with the music (ever since that lizard getting chased video went viral they do it every time) it's still great and the images are absolutely astonishing.

Feel so bad for the Polar Bears :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Haha, Jesus... Seriously, how could you take that post seriously.

I've often noticed people who use 'Jesus wept' in posts tend to be slow on the uptake :)

Troy: Fall of a City
    Searching for the woman promised to him by Aphrodite, herdsman Paris learns his true identity and falls for Helen of Sparta, igniting the Trojan War.

War Dogs
    Two pals parlay a shaky business plan into a $300 million government contract to supply arms for Afghanistan, then find themselves in way too deep

added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Watching Our Planet and nature really is amazing I loved the part where the dolphins make a circle and catch the flying fish.

But you would be watching it with sadness cause every episode is about how we are destroying all these creatures habitats. I’m sure David Attenborough must be sick to death of speaking about how the planet is being destroyed yet nothing ever been done and every will be. Humans are too selfish and only care about money to ever stop what’s happening to our planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ken Burns documentaries are normally worth watching. There's a few on Netflix.

The ones on the West & the civil ware were brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

fin12 wrote: »
    Watching Our Planet and nature really is amazing I loved the part where the dolphins make a circle and catch the flying fish.

But you would be watching it with sadness cause every episode is about how we are destroying all these creatures habitats. I’m sure David Attenborough must be sick to death of speaking about how the planet is being destroyed yet nothing ever been done and every will be. Humans are too selfish and only care about money to ever stop what’s happening to our planet.

That's my only complaint about the programme, They mention the issues with the planet every episode which makes you sad and its makes less enjoyable ,

I know they do it to get it out there but I'd love to just watch one without feeling guilty or sad, Its such a shame humans only care about the Dollars,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement