Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

Mirage - 8/10

Spanish Movie. From the writer/director of The Invisible Guest/Contra Tiempo.

Hooked from the off, very well told. Recommended. Thriller/Mystery type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Ah no, hair metal was pure scutter.

God, I hated that shit.

It used to stink up the metal programs on Sky and MTV too...

...and Super Channel, if you're old enough to remember Super Channel.

:(

I've often noticed people who use 'Jesus wept' in posts tend to be slow on the uptake :)

Jaysis wept is ok though? Isn't it?

Please say yes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Tony EH wrote: »
    Jaysis wept is ok though? Isn't it?

Please say yes.

Only if you're talking about when he heard about Lazarus.

New Home wrote: »
    Only if you're talking about when he heard about Lazarus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

...and Super Channel, if you're old enough to remember Super Channel.:(

Fond memories, Ramones and Jane's Addiction entire gigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Beyonce's Coachella Doc drops April 17th

God, I hated that shit.

It used to stink up the metal programs on Sky and MTV too...

...and Super Channel, if you're old enough to remember Super Channel.

:(

I’m pretty sure I was 7 years old when sky and super channel were launched. We waited for hours for it to come on. I think the muppet show was the first thing on super channel that night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Our Planet is phenomenal, perfect for a Sunday.

Though they overdramatize it a bit with the music (ever since that lizard getting chased video went viral they do it every time) it's still great and the images are absolutely astonishing.

Feel so bad for the Polar Bears :(

I feel so bad for the walruses,the behind the scenes epsiode shows what went into making the series and really hits home with more footage of the walruses :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

I’m pretty sure I was 7 years old when sky and super channel were launched. We waited for hours for it to come on. I think the muppet show was the first thing on super channel that night!

f*ck....:eek: super channel. what was that sh*te sci-fi show that they had on? lads basically dressed up in paper mache firing lasers. I was about 10 and I still thought it was a pile of sh*te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Watched the first episode of Line of Duty last night, and am totally hooked. It's excellent - cheers for the recommendation!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

tigger123 wrote: »
    Watched the first episode of Line of Duty last night, and am totally hooked. It's excellent - cheers for the recommendation!

I ended up watching the first season recently as well. Very good so it is.

tigger123 wrote: »

I’m rewatching it at the moment! It’s an amazing series!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Another vote for the Spanish series Bitter daisies - O sabor das margaridas

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Another vote for the Spanish series Bitter daisies - O sabor das margaridas

Is this the murder mystery one that was mentioned a while back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

rekluse wrote: »
    Is this the murder mystery one that was mentioned a while back?

Yeap ! It's more than just a 'murder' mystery though.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HankSchrader

al87987 wrote: »
    Mirage - 8/10

Spanish Movie. From the writer/director of The Invisible Guest/Contra Tiempo.

Hooked from the off, very well told. Recommended. Thriller/Mystery type.

Second this, excellent movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Finished Quicksand this morning. Thought it was terrific, really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Finished Quicksand this morning. Thought it was terrific, really enjoyed it.
    I saw trailer for that, it looks excellent.
    Is it a series or a film?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

gmisk wrote: »
    I saw trailer for that, it looks excellent.
    Is it a series or a film?

It's a series, I've just started the first episode but it looks really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Men behaving badly 7 seasons
    Dracula untold

Churchill's Secret Agents: The New Recruits (Secret Agent Selection: WW2 )season 1
    In this history-steeped reality series, 14 contestants undergo the same rigorous selection process as Britain's top-secret World War II spies.

The Basement
    Known for tortuous role-play with victims in his basement, a twisted serial killer abducts a musician who has a deeper connection to his mind games

Trolls: The Beat Goes On! Season 6

Added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

peteeeed wrote: »
    Men behaving badly

Used to love this but I bet it's actually terrible looking back. Only one way to find out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Used to love this but I bet it's actually terrible looking back. Only one way to find out...

I tried an episode of Harry Enfield for nostalgia's sake. It was fooking awful. Lasted fifteen minutes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

The OA season 2: I'm 3 episodes in and so far it's as good as the first one. It's got that same mysterious hold and the writing & characters are very good.

Any one else seen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    The OA season 2: I'm 3 episodes in and so far it's as good as the first one. It's got that same mysterious hold and the writing & characters are very good.

Any one else seen it?

I loved it. There’s a separate thread for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Do they learn the YMCA dance in the second season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I never watched the OA Cos most reports said it started well but then went completely stupid ?
    It is the type of show I would usually like too

Do they learn the YMCA dance in the second season?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

km79 wrote: »
    I never watched the OA Cos most reports said it started well but then went completely stupid ?

The 2nd season is critically acclaimed (considered better than Season 1 by both critics and Audience) but absolutely bonkers. A show that either clicks with you, or you will think it's the most farcical show you've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Men Behaving Badly is still good. Harry Enfield and friends is crap alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I normally don't like those kind of shows, but happily have been hooked on The OA

km79 wrote: »

Firstly you have to measure the bonkers type..

Example: Brexit Bonkers = bad. OA Bonkers = good.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Last Laugh. Passable comedy with Richard Dreyfus and Chevy Chase. Nice to see them on good form, they make a decent double act.

Komisky Method. Another ageing 80's star, Michael Douglas now doing 'old man' comedy. Co-star Alan Arkin makes being in your 80's look like fun.

Our World. Excellent natural history series, basically Planet Earth 3, presented by 90+ years young David Attenborough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Wedwood wrote: »
    Last Laugh. Passable comedy with Richard Dreyfus and Chevy Chase. Nice to see them on good form, they make a decent double act.

Komisky Method. Another ageing 80's star, Michael Douglas now doing 'old man' comedy. Co-star Alan Arkin makes being in your 80's look like fun.

Our World. Excellent natural history series, basically Planet Earth 3, presented by 90+ years young David Attenborough.

Do you mean "Our Planet"?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

That's my only complaint about the programme, They mention the issues with the planet every episode which makes you sad and its makes less enjoyable ,

I know they do it to get it out there but I'd love to just watch one without feeling guilty or sad, Its such a shame humans only care about the Dollars,

They do a good job of balancing it I think, with happier stories. But the reason it's called Our Planet is because we are destroying 'our planet" and Attenborough says if we don't make serious changes to combat pollution and climate change within the next 20 years, we will not be able to reverse the damage. It's a very important message and we shouldn't be burying our heads in the sand with this reality looming.

Liss Pereira: Reteniendo líquidos
    A pregnant Liss Pereira shares hilariously uncomfortable truths about sex, love, attraction and the lies we tell in modern relationships

The Silence
    With the world under attack by deadly creatures who hunt by sound, a teen and her family seek refuge outside the city and encounter a mysterious cult.

Talking Tom and Friends season 2
    Full of funny one-liners and always ready for an adventure, a talking cat and his equally chatty animal cohorts set out to become famous.

You vs. Wild season 1
    In this interactive series, you'll make key decisions to help Bear Grylls survive, thrive and complete missions in the harshest environments on Earth.

Absolutely Fabulous at 20 (3 episodes)

Keith Lemon the film

added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

last film I watched was Gotti - wasn't amazing or anything but worth a watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

B_ecke_r wrote: »

Is that the one with Travolta? I thought that was ment to be brutal altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

B_ecke_r wrote: »

0% on RT. Sounds like it's worth it.:pac:

The Silence
    With the world under attack by deadly creatures who hunt by sound, a teen and her family seek refuge outside the city and encounter a mysterious cult.
    The reviews i have seen for this are horrendous, shame I love Stanley Tucci.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/apr/10/the-silence-review-shoddy-remix-of-a-quiet-place-is-a-netflix-disaster

https://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews/3555031/review-the-silence/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭El Duda

Gotti may be the worst film of the last decade. I lasted 15 minutes

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

They do a good job of balancing it I think, with happier stories. But the reason it's called Our Planet is because we are destroying 'our planet" and Attenborough says if we don't make serious changes to combat pollution and climate change within the next 20 years, we will not be able to reverse the damage. It's a very important message and we shouldn't be burying our heads in the sand with this reality looming.

I love that people will lap up all these horrible true crime shows and then complain that being reminded we're actively killing our planry is ruining their enjoyment of something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

El Duda wrote: »
    Gotti may be the worst film of the last decade. I lasted 15 minutes

The little preview it shows when highlighted on PS 4 was enough to tell me I'll never watch.

"We're hitting Paul"

He then goes on to talk about lots of details that aren't remotely related, in this real syncopated style, like every line was shot days apart.
    Talking about Christmas shoppers, showing people holding shopping bags, talking about the street it's on, showing the junction..
    It's about 30 seconds long, and it's excruciating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

The Silence
    Aka...A Quiet Birdbox

I enjoyed watching The Silence, but I enjoy watching terrible movies. It's awful, silly, and stupid, with a murky colour tone, and ends when it seems about to actually get interesting.

One thing that did really bother me, and Netflix may fix this, but when I watched it earlier today, there was only one option for English subtitles, "English - Closed Captioning". Now, you need subtitles on for the sign language parts, but this option also shows stuff like, [whispers], [dramatic music], [snarls softly], etc. It was annoying, and shoddy stuff from Netflix.

Also, I just read Stanley Tucci is married to Felicity Blunt, Emily Blunt's sister. How do you figure that conversation went, when Felicity was telling Emily about the new movie her husband was filming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Aka...A Quiet Birdbox

I enjoyed watching The Silence, but I enjoy watching terrible movies. It's awful, silly, and stupid, with a murky colour tone, and ends when it seems about to actually get interesting.

One thing that did really bother me, and Netflix may fix this, but when I watched it earlier today, there was only one option for English subtitles, "English - Closed Captioning". Now, you need subtitles on for the sign language parts, but this option also shows stuff like, [whispers], [dramatic music], [snarls softly], etc. It was annoying, and shoddy stuff from Netflix.

Also, I just read Stanley Tucci is married to Felicity Blunt, Emily Blunt's sister. How do you figure that conversation went, when Felicity was telling Emily about the new movie her husband was filming?

Yeah I'm watching it now and I'd agree with you regarding the subtitles. Tis a mess.

Edit. Well that was ****ing rubbish.

Black Summer season 1
    A prequel set in the Z Nation universe, this new series introduces all new characters from every walk of life. As what’s left of the old world order collapses around them, a group of survivors encounter the best and worst of humanity in the darkest hours of the Zombie Apocalypse.

added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Black Summer season 1
    A prequel set in the Z Nation universe, this new series introduces all new characters from every walk of life. As what’s left of the old world order collapses around them, a group of survivors encounter the best and worst of humanity in the darkest hours of the Zombie Apocalypse.
    I gave up on Z Nation, after the first two seasons. But, I'd be open to watching this, if it gets a decent reception. I like the idea of a 8-episode miniseries, about a zombie outbreak. Not interested in another zombie series that's going to go on for multiple seasons, though.

Checking the episode lengths on Netflix, and they're weird. First episode is the longest at 44min, episode 7 is 25min, and episode 8, the last episode is only 20min. Total runtime for the series is 4hr 40min.

I see the trailer for Chris Lilleys new show on netflix (Lunatics) is out!
    Loved Summer Heights High...this looks equally as insane
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FapFfOZ64cE

• Advertisement

A Land Imagined
    A cop in Singapore investigates the disappearance of a Chinese migrant construction worker who spent sleepless nights playing a mysterious video game

Huge in France
    “Huge in France” would be an autobiographical look at Gad’s experience reinventing himself in the US. It would be 80% in English, 20% in French, and would focus on Gad’s career, dating life, and rediscovery of his identity in the absence of the fame he’s become accustomed to.

Special
    A gay man with mild cerebral palsy decides to rewrite his identity as an accident victim and finally go after the life he wants.

Mighty Little Bheem
    An innocent toddler’s boundless curiosity – and extraordinary might – lead to mischief and adventure in his small Indian town.

The Perfect Date
    To save up for college, Brooks Rattigan creates an app where anyone can pay him to play the perfect stand-in boyfriend for any occasion.

Francesco De Carlo: Cose di Questo Mondo
    Taking the stage in Milan, Francesco De Carlo opens up about his bad habits, religion, politics and what he's learned from traveling the world

Who Would You Take to a Deserted Island? (¿A quién te llevarías a una isla desierta?)
    On their last night together, four longtime flatmates' lives are suddenly upended when a secret is revealed during the course of an evening celebration

added today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement