Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

Watched La Mante during the week, a 6 episode French crime drama. Very good. Also really recommend Quicksand

Yeah Quicksand is top notch stuff. The Scandi's know how to do drama

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Probably the only person here excited about new She-ra episodes today. I really loved the first season and while it's probably not to every adult's tastes, anyone with kids climbing the walls as the holidays draw to a close could so worse than checking it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

neris wrote: »
    watched some tripe with keanu reeves in it last night called Siberia. Well watched about 30 minutes of it and left

The John wick films are brilliant. Can’t wait for number 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Brawl on Cell Block 99 is worth a watch from S. Craig Zahler, the director of Bone Tomahawk so you know the kind of movie you're going to get. Great performance from Vince Vaughn, quite violent and not for everyone but I really enjoyed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Dark season 2 June 21st

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Great, underrated show. Feels like a long time since season 1.

peteeeed wrote: »
    Dark season 2 June 21st

Interesteullement indeed. But watching the trailer I’m trying to remember wtf happened in season 1!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Interesteullement indeed. But watching the trailer I’m trying to remember wtf happened in season 1!!

Me too , I remember that I loved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Wasn’t it about a time travelling bunker or something? Good though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Another recommendation for Quicksand. Well worth the watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

Just finished The Syndicate. About a group of people who win the lottery. Very enjoyable. Also really liked Quicksand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Another recommendation for Quicksand. Well worth the watch.

Is this dubbed or subtitles?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Is this dubbed or subtitles?

I think it's available in both. I watched it with subtitles and would recommend that way as the acting is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Probably the only person here excited about new She-ra episodes today. I really loved the first season and while it's probably not to every adult's tastes, anyone with kids climbing the walls as the holidays draw to a close could so worse than checking it out.

No kids but started watching season 1 on a Saturday morninng while eating breakfast. Didn't stop til I finished the season. Easy watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

Turned it on for my daughter. Found myself looking forward to season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

The re-mastered program on Robert Johnson I thought was very good. (Devil at the crossroads). He was an original blues guitarist who influenced the likes of Keith Richards (featured), Clapton and Led Zep. Will be interesting to any musos.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    No kids but started watching season 1 on a Saturday morninng while eating breakfast. Didn't stop til I finished the season. Easy watching.
    Turned it on for my daughter. Found myself looking forward to season 2.

I'm saving S2 for tomorrow when I have the house to myself and nothing to distract me. It's genuinely one of my favourite things I've watched on Netflix in the past year or so. It is easy watching but in a good way. It's genuinely funny and I find the characters and their story quite compelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Nearing the finale of quicksand; slow start but gripping drama after about four episodes. Also watching the mechanism which is decent enough. Looking forward to dark season two though, might have to rewatch season one, gripping mix of sci fi and horror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Adrift is not too bad.

I had originally thought I had seen it but it's very different from the other.

Watched baywatch there...chuckled a few times.
    Like it was total ****e but enjoyable ****e all the same

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

fin12 wrote: »
    The John wick films are brilliant. Can’t wait for number 3.

Are these on Netflix now? I looked for them a couple of months ago and they weren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

'I Think You Should Leave' is a solid enough, often dark, sketch show. Easy 6 episode watch at under 20 minutes a piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Basq wrote: »
    'I Think You Should Leave' is a solid enough, often dark, sketch show. Easy 6 episode watch at under 20 minutes a piece.

I hope you ****ing die Harley Jarvis !

This is gold !

Then eat the ****ing receipt !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The firs one I watched, I was like "what the hell is this?". But after 4 episodes it had completely won me over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

FunLover18 wrote: »
    The firs one I watched, I was like "what the hell is this?". But after 4 episodes it had completely won me over.
    Yep, Tim Robinson is genuinely very witty.

Some great sketches in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Are these on Netflix now?n I looked for them a couple of months ago and they weren't.

I think they were before but not on it now. The 3rd one is coming into the cinema soon.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Finished bodyguard it's OK nothing special tbh certainly not up there with the likes of Line of Duty or Unforgotten. The last episode was poor. 5/10

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Finished bodyguard it's OK nothing special tbh certainly not up there with the likes of Line of Duty or Unforgotten. The last episode was poor. 5/10

Third person to say the ending is poor
    Thanks for that
    Life is too short to watch something so long that will end poorly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

km79 wrote: »
    Thanks for that

It does get a bit carried away but it is TV at the end of day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Any recommendations for sports documentaries? I've watched Sunderland Til I Die (excellent) and most of season 1 of QB1 (hit and miss) so far. This is for when the wife is working nights and I can indulge in something she won't enjoy! (No sniggering at the back)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Buttros

Any recommendations for sports documentaries? I've watched Sunderland Til I Die (excellent) and most of season 1 of QB1 (hit and miss) so far. This is for when the wife is working nights and I can indulge in something she won't enjoy! (No sniggering at the back)

Iverson, icarus and stop at nothing all very good. The Berkley marathons is good fun too

I've heard good things about the F1 series from people that don't watch F1 but yet to watch it. It's on the list.

Oh and of course last chance u. Season 1 was very good. I struggled with season 2 though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Would recommend Valley Uprising, it's not a traditional sports documentary. Basically about all the people who have climbed Yosemite and how ridiculous awesome and mad they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

The Battered Bast*rds of Baseball is good, about Kurt Russell's dad owning a baseball team where they gave a lot of iffy players/characters a second chance.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Watched one episode of Bonding. Hard to believe it is possible to make something so bad. Literally no hook, no reason to watch another episode, crap acting, dialogue, storyline, just empty, truly awful sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

Formula 1 drive to survive is fantastic. Great insight into the sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Watched After Life. Really quite enjoyed it, some really nice scenes, gentle, sensitive, heartwarming storyline.

Finished sex education, another one I would really recommend, hope they make another series as it's very watchable.

Finished sex education, another one I would really recommend, hope they make another series as it's very watchable.

They've already confirmed a second series of Sex Education. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

km79 wrote: »
    Thanks for that

So long? It’s six episodes! Didn’t think the ending was as bad as others here but it’s certainly a show that started stronger than it finished.

Have been watching Line of Duty this week myself. It’s good but the sound mix IS REALLY OFF IN MANY SCENES SO YOU CAN’T ACTUALLY HEAR WHAT THE CHARACTERS ARE SAYING. I find this trend in a lot of new shows if I’m honest and have no idea why it’s popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Check out 'The Dawn Wall'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Earthhorse wrote: »
    So long? It’s six episodes! Didn’t think the ending was as bad as others here but it’s certainly a show that started stronger than it finished.

Have been watching Line of Duty this week myself. It’s good but the sound mix IS REALLY OFF IN MANY SCENES SO YOU CAN’T ACTUALLY HEAR WHAT THE CHARACTERS ARE SAYING. I find this trend in a lot of new shows if I’m honest and have no idea why it’s popular.

I've found that with a good few shows lately where they have the music way too loud. Turning the audio to English (original) rather than 5.1 has helped sometimes. You have to do it every time though instead of setting it globally, which is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭madmax72

There is a Bobby Robson documentary. It's very good. Great manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I finished this yesterday, it's hit and miss as all sketch shows are but I belly laughed at least once per episode which is good enough for me. I hope there is another season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Its not just the end of The Bodyguard that's poor. What a terrible series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Sport & comedy in 1 is Sunderland Till I Die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Slattsy wrote: »

Thought it was pretty good up till the last episode myself! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

neris wrote: »
    Sport & comedy in 1 is Sunderland Till I Die

Comedy is tragedy that happens to other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

Agreed. I thought Richard Madden's acting was terrible and the rest of the cast weren't much better. Very wooden performances all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

The new Anthony Jeselnik special was added today. He's always good for a laugh even if I think he's better in small doses.

Really enjoying quicksand. Two left to watch, hope it ends well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Yeah I wasn't bothered finishing the first episode.

It was like a parody of BBC Sunday evening telly: turgid wine-coma melodrama with MOR titillation for the middle-aged female libido. I'm sure a bare-chested crossover with Poldark is in the works.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement