Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

dougm1970 wrote: »
    just watched 'the 12th man' tonight....thought it was so good, best film i watched in a while.

Oh yeh?

Cos that trailer was bloody awful, so I skipped it as just another cheapo WWII flick that's been clogging up everything lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I'm assuming this is the film about Hunt and Lauda. If so it's brilliant, highly recommend

That is officially Rush 2013 as far as i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

peteeeed wrote: »
    The Lonely Island Presents: The Unauthorized Bash Brothers Experience
    The Lonely Island spoofs notorious baseball stars Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire in this visual rap album set in the Bash Brothers' 1980s heyday.

That looks fúcking amazing... I can't wait to watch this tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,579 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

inforfun wrote: »
    That is officially Rush 2013 as far as i know

Oh, that's a shame :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm assuming this is the film about Hunt and Lauda. If so it's brilliant, highly recommend

It is that one alright.

Ron Howard's starring Thor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I got an email with trailer of a new show on netflix it isnt listed above called
    "how to sell drugs online (fast)"
    https://www.netflix.com/ie/title/80218448
    Out on 31st May looks fun

Also When they see us the Ava Duvernay show about the central park five launches on May 31st and looks very promising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

The Lonely Island spoofs notorious baseball stars Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire in this visual rap album set in the Bash Brothers' 1980s heyday.

added today

Watched this. Thought it was excellent. If you're a Lonely Island fan you'll 100% love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

correction wrote: »
    Watched this. Thought it was excellent. If you're a Lonely Island fan you'll 100% love it.

It's classic lonely island, it was really good. Pity it was so short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Creed II must be one of the fastest movies of that level to make it to Netflix? About 7 months after release.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

Thought Undercover was good. Very realistic drama with good acting and tense in parts. Watched it in original format with subtitles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

What/If: Season 1
    A raw, voyeuristic examination of acceptable people doing unacceptable things– A conflict driven series of high stakes morality plays with a first season narrative focusing on two struggling newlyweds who accept a powerful woman’s ethically perilous proposition to secure a badly needed financial windfall.

High Seas (Alta Mar)
    Mysterious deaths aboard a luxurious ship traveling from Spain to Rio de Janeiro in the 1940s reveal secrets surrounding two sisters traveling together.

She’s Gotta Have It: Season 2
    Romantic turmoil, artistic challenges and an eye-opening trip to Puerto Rico set Nola Darling on a new course.

Rim of the World
    Four misfit campers must band together and conquer their fears in order to save the world during an alien invasion.

Joy
    Joy is a young Nigerian woman, caught in the vicious cycle of sex trafficking. She works in this merciless system of exploitation to pay off debts to her exploiter Madame and supporting her family in Nigeria.

The Perfection
    A troubled musical prodigy (Allison Williams) seeks out the new star pupil (Logan Browning) of her former school with shocking consequences in this elegant and terrifying suspense ride, the most buzzed-about movie at last year’s Fantastic Fest.

After Maria
    Short following families in Puerto Rico who are currently living in FEMA hotels around New York City. Their stories will unfold observationally over the course of the next month as they face the extreme situation of getting kicked out of the hotel or are forced to go back to Puerto Rico. Many people see these families as illegal immigrants and don’t want them here. We follow these families as they try to maintain their Puerto Rican identity, but assert their American citizenship.

Hyper HardBoiled Gourmet Report season 1
    To live is to eat. For people around the world in precarious and dangerous circumstances, eating itself is dangerous, precarious -- and essential
    Added today

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

tigger123 wrote: »
    Watched the first episode of I Think You Should Leave last night, very funny.

I flew through this, hilarious.

The song about the skeletons is hilarious, I nearly fell off the couch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I watched a film last night called "The 12th Man",its a true story about 12 Norwegian men who were trained by the English to sabotage German bases in occupied Norway during WW2,i thought it was an excellent film and really worth a watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I thought this was excellent and it really shouldn't be :D

yabadabado wrote: »
    I thought this was excellent and it really shouldn't be :D

Ah, it's Andy Samberg and Lonely Island so it's going to be awesome. So unbelievably stupid but so much fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mel123

Anyone know how to find out if something is coming to netflix? Im waiting patiently for Queen of the South

And.... i am in the wrong thread......

New film launched today called "rim of the world"

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ah, it's Andy Samberg and Lonely Island so it's going to be awesome. So unbelievably stupid but so much fun.

It's awesome, bodacious.

Looking for something to fill the void of Game of Thrones, can anyone recommend The Last Kingdom, Kingdom or something along those lines?

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    New film launched today called "rim of the world"
    I just watched it....truly crap don't bother.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Looking for something to fill the void of Game of Thrones, can anyone recommend The Last Kingdom, Kingdom or something along those lines?
    Vikings isn't too bad or maybe Black sails?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭nix

There's an entire thread dedicated to your question here :)

nix wrote: »
    There's an entire thread dedicated to your question here :)

Excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Yes the last kingdom is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I watched a film last night called "The 12th Man",its a true story about 12 Norwegian men who were trained by the English to sabotage German bases in occupied Norway during WW2,i thought it was an excellent film and really worth a watch.

Just watched this, what a great film.

thanks for the recommendation

Redcon-1
    When a viral outbreak produces a massive zombie influx, a group of commandoes takes on a life-threatening mission to save a scientist with the cure.

added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I second that, really good movie, can’t believe anybody could live through those conditions!

The whole way through the movie I was thinking “that guys looks so like John Rhys Meyers” but presumed cause of the language it was some Norwegian lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

Really enjoyed In The Fade. A revenge drama with Diane Kruger as a woman who’s husband and child are killed by neo nazis in Germany. A powerful drama with great performances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Yeah I watched this based on what I read in this thread, outstanding film.

Some of the best films I've seen in recent years I found in these Netflix recommendations threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,579 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Still not quite sure what I watched!
    Also not sure whether I found it funny because it was funny or because my brain was just laughing at itself trying to understand. It might have been brilliant, it might have been terrible but I enjoyed it while I watched it :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭fluke

I watched The Perfection last night. it's got a 90's thrashy vibe, and is full of plot holes if you think about it too much, but is 90 mins and with enough things going on in it, it's a lot of fun thrash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

Good story, well acted with great cinematography but thought it was about 20 minutes too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

For all of you who liked The 12th Man, I strongly recommend Max Manus: Man Of War although it's not on Netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I watched Shaun of the Dead for the umpteenth time yesterday. I still feckin' love it as much now as I did seeing it the first time. A brilliant movie.

• Advertisement

Anyone watching High Seas? just started it, seems interesting enough, thought it was about Titanic but it’s not. Going to stick with it anyway. Soap/drama style show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

gmisk wrote: »
    I just watched it....truly crap don't bother.

It surely is. A few good laughs but some horrible dialogue and acting, and a very silly plot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Did anyone watch The Perf3ction?

I really liked this bizarre but brilliant movie, yes it was over the top but very enjoyable all the same.

I didn't know anything about this movie other than the small synopsis on netflix and half way through the movie, I could never of guessed what was about to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭Damien360

Whoever recommended the 12th Man here, thank you very much. Brilliant film.

Baby Driver (great movie)

Historical Roasts season 1
    "Roastmaster General" Jeff Ross and a slew of guest stars poke fun at major historical figures while also honoring their enduring impact on the world.

added today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Did anyone watch The Perf3ction?

I really liked this bizarre but brilliant movie, yes it was over the top but very enjoyable all the same.

I didn't know anything about this movie other than the small synopsis on netflix and half way through the movie, I could never of guessed what was about to follow.

I agree, I would definitely give it the thumbs up. It had a Black Mirror vibe to it that I liked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,729 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

dougm1970 wrote: »
    just watched 'the 12th man' tonight....thought it was so good, best film i watched in a while.

"Having been forced to abort a 1943 raid on occupied Norway, Jan Baalsrud (Thomas Gullestad) is faced with enduring an Arctic winter and relying on the kindness of strangers, as he seeks to cross into neutral Sweden before he can be apprehended by Gestapo colonel, Kurt Stage (Jonathan Rhys Meyers)."
    Tony EH wrote: »
    Oh yeh?

Cos that trailer was bloody awful, so I skipped it as just another cheapo WWII flick that's been clogging up everything lately.

Well, so much for trailers.

That wasn't bad. Although it could have done with some editing here and there. It's a bit overlong and drops into cliched nazi acting territory at times.

Some impressive CGI on the Junkers 88 though. It actually looks like a vehicle with weight and physical limits for the most part.

This weekend i have been watching Whitechapel mostly.
    Whitechapel is a 45 minute crime-thriller starring Steve Pemberton as Edward Buchan, Rupert Penry-Jones as DI Joseph Chandler and Philip Davis as DS Miles. The series premiered on Mon Feb 02, 2009 on ITV and Case Three (2) (S04E06) last aired on Wed Oct 09, 2013.

First 2 seasons are 3 episodes\1 case each. Last 2 6 episodes, 3 cases.

Enjoying it.

I thought The Perfection was absolute muck. It started off promising enough but it was completely undone by one of the most ridiculous plots I seen in a movie recently and the end was beyond terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

siblers wrote: »
    For all of you who liked The 12th Man, I strongly recommend Max Manus: Man Of War although it's not on Netflix

How weird, I watched both those films back to back last week, loved Max Manus as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Harry66

darced wrote: »
    How weird, I watched both those films back to back last week, loved Max Manus as well.
    Not sure if it's still on Netflix but Flame & Citron is another excellent watch:

Gunman Flame (Thure Lindhardt) and his partner Citron (Mads Mikkelsen) assassinate Nazi collaborators for the Dutch resistance. Assigned targets by their Allies-connected leader, Aksel Winther (Peter Mygind), they relish the opportunity to begin targeting the Nazis themselves. When they begin to doubt the validity of their assignments, their morally complicated task becomes even more labyrinthine. Though Flame romances enigmatic Ketty Selmer (Stine Stengade), Citron may be his only ally.

Anyone watching Dynasty? Watched the last episode of season 2, thought it was very good.
    Hope Liam is ok
    . Looking forward to Season 3. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Watched Hearts Beat Loud last night, nice enough little film for a Sunday evening. Nick Offerman is a wannabe musician struggling with the failure of his record store and his daughter's imminent departure for college. Ted Danson and Toni Collette also in there.

Re Baby Driver, I thought it was extremely overrated with an unlikeable main character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭fluke

Noodles81 wrote: »
    I agree, I would definitely give it the thumbs up. It had a Black Mirror vibe to it that I liked.

Yeah I went into it completely blind, and am glad I did so!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Harry66 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's still on Netflix but Flame & Citron is another excellent watch:

Gunman Flame (Thure Lindhardt) and his partner Citron (Mads Mikkelsen) assassinate Nazi collaborators for the Dutch resistance. Assigned targets by their Allies-connected leader, Aksel Winther (Peter Mygind), they relish the opportunity to begin targeting the Nazis themselves. When they begin to doubt the validity of their assignments, their morally complicated task becomes even more labyrinthine. Though Flame romances enigmatic Ketty Selmer (Stine Stengade), Citron may be his only ally.

Have seen it as well another great war movie.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement