Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,667 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dades wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks Netflix is expensive is from a generation that never bought a newspaper, a magazine, or paid £5 (plus inevitable £3 late fee) to rent a movie from Xtravision.

I took my family to the cinema today to see The Secret Life of Pets 2. The tickets alone cost €36.

The Netflix monthly is peanuts for the variety of stuff they offer a household.

Totally agree. I heard someone complaining about the price of it the other day, same fella would go out every weekend and easily drop a hundred euro on a night out. But Netflix is a waste of money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just watched Dirty John there. Very overrated - dunno what the fuss was about. Can't fathom why it was worthy of a documentary? All I was thinking was why were those women so gullible ? Watching Stewart Lee now...not my cuppa either
    Off to bed . !
    The TV show and documentary are pretty awful, but the podcast was genuinely good I thought.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Anyone who thinks Netflix is expensive is from a generation that never bought a newspaper, a magazine, or paid £5 (plus inevitable £3 late fee) to rent a movie from Xtravision.

I took my family to the cinema today to see The Secret Life of Pets 2. The tickets alone cost €36.

A lot of cinemas have deals going throughout the week, there's usually ways to keep ticket costs down; for instance being on Three has a 2 for €10 deal Sun-Thurs (and with the wife also on three, it amounts to X2 a week). I get the impression the other carriers have similar deals.

Obviously depends on whether the local cinema has any offers, and t&c of them etc. but cinema attendance is down and seems like offers are out there for cheaper tickets to keep customers coming through the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Possible posted already " killer ratings" ..mexican true crime excellent watch

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭justincasey

Has anyone watched any episodes of Killer Ratings yet? If so, what's the verdict?

Savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

sugarman wrote: »
    But where does it end with the consistent increases? People have a right to complain if they feel it's no longer value for money.

It's probably a topic for another thread.

Id agree with this bit in bold.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

sugarman wrote: »
    But where does it end with the consistent increases? People have a right to complain if they feel it's no longer value for money.

It went up €2 p/m last time and if it follows the UK and goes up €2 again, that's an additional €48 a year. It quickly adds up.
    If they keep bumping the monthly, I'd agree. For me compared to what we've paid for "entertainment" in the past it remains cheap. I don't begrudge them the increase as they've clearly spent huge money on new content. With five in my house, it's value. With less, YMMV.

Interesting to contrast this with Amazon Prime. I pay that monthly just for the shopping benefits. I've never watched a single thing on their channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

When they see us

True Story about 5 teenagers wrongly convicted of raping a jogger in central park in the 80's
    Watched all 4 episodes today - fabulous and heartbreaking

When they see us

True Story about 5 teenagers wrongly convicted of raping a jogger in central park in the 80's

Only on the 2nd episode myself but brilliant so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

"The 12th Man" is a great new one, in German and Norwegian with subtitles, about a true story of a Norwegian resistance fighter being hunted by the Germans during WW2. Lots of twists and turns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

The Guilty - it's very good. Worth a watch.
    A police officer assigned alarm dispatch duty enters a race against time when he answers an emergency call from a kidnapped woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭tigger123

When they see us

Have this on the list. The documentary is called Central Park Five and its well worth a watch. Think it might be on the IMDB Top 250.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Spiderman the homecoming
    Malibu rescue season 1

Added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Only on the 2nd episode myself but brilliant so far.

Same as that
    Donald Trump preaching hate all the way back then too !

Always be my maybe is enjoyable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

km79 wrote: »
    Same as that
    Donald Trump preaching hate all the way back then too !

He said during his campaign that he still thinks they did it..

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭evilcloud

Marje wrote: »

Watched this last night and thought it was excellent too

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭El Duda

Watched 'It Comes at Night' last night.

The feel good hit of the summer! It was decent. Some very tense scenes. Good attention to detail. Lack lustre ending.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

peteeeed wrote: »
    Superman Spider-man: homecoming
    Malibu rescue season 1

Added today

Fixed that there :p

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Fixed that there :p

Haha wtf happened there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Haha wtf happened there

Projection :) after all who doesn't want a homecoming of a proper superman movie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Not true, I still rent movies from xtra vision.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Interesting to contrast this with Amazon Prime. I pay that monthly just for the shopping benefits. I've never watched a single thing on their channel.

You've never watched Orgazmo??

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭QuietMan2010

Marje wrote: »
    evilcloud wrote: »
    Watched this last night and thought it was excellent too

Was this on Netflix Ireland? My search only returns 'titles related to The Guilty'. How'd you get it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

undercover - dutch e dealers very good so far

• Advertisement

Was this on Netflix Ireland? My search only returns 'titles related to The Guilty'. How'd you get it?

It's there alright, if you look under the search it's the one with the guy in police uniform with a headset. Don't know why it doesn't come up properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Yeah, had Prime too (free trial :o) but after the third thing I wanted to watch wasn't available in Ireland, I gave it up as a bad job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Halfway through Blue Ruin at the moment, enjoying it rightly, really well paced and original so far

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭QuietMan2010

It's there alright, if you look under the search it's the one with the guy in police uniform with a headset. Don't know why it doesn't come up properly.

Ah, you're right. Its there in the image grid. Thanks for that. I started watching Killer Ratings instead and I'm hooked. Looking forward to The Guilty after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Good news for fans of "Dark" like myself, that watching this new trailer for the 2nd season, its basically confirming that a third & final season is in the works.

Waiting patiently for the new season to arrive now. My favourite show on Netflix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

undercover - dutch e dealers very good so far

I'd concur with this. Started it this week and am 5 episodes in. It's very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Just watched "the perfection" I thought it was great but definitely disturbing and gory. It won't be everyones cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    You've never watched Orgazmo??

The office, Jack Ryan and Preacher are only things I've watched on it tbh. Film selection is linked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

batgoat wrote: »
    He said during his campaign that he still thinks they did it..

They did make some strange statements and could have still been involved. During the same night they were part of a group of 30 or so kids who beat and robbed basically everyone they could catch in Central Park, beat multiple people into unconsciousness with pipes, bricks and sticks, left them covered head to toe in blood. All in the space of an hour or so.

They were absolute scumbags even if they didn't rape the jogger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭jluv

They did make some strange statements and could have still been involved. During the same night they were part of a group of 30 or so kids who beat and robbed basically everyone they could catch in Central Park, beat multiple people into unconsciousness with pipes, bricks and sticks, left them covered head to toe in blood. All in the space of an hour or so.

Those 5 guys did all of that? Not from anything I've seen or read. Lived there at the time so was very interested. People were assaulted no doubt. Woman was raped. But were these boys guilty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've only seen 2 episodes..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

When they see us

Watching this at the moment , watched the documentary a while ago .
    They're tough watching imo , time and again people , youngsters , getting locked up for years on end for crimes they didn't commit .

Heartbreaking .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

jluv wrote: »
    Those 5 guys did all of that? Not from anything I've seen or read. Lived there at the time so was very interested. People were assaulted no doubt. Woman was raped. But were these boys guilty?
    By the sounds of it they weren't all angels but
    they didn't rape that woman someone else admitted it at a later date and his dna was found

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    They're tough watching imo , time and again people , youngsters , getting locked up for years on end for crimes they didn't commit .

Heartbreaking .

The documentary is so much better than the Netflix movie. Gives a better perspective to how New York was at the time.

The last episode was a really hard watch, The eldest (fifteen years old) of the 5 went through absolute torture but thankfully he had the prison guard looking out for him or it could've been even worse for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Heartbreaking .

Did the Doc have the same title?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Did anyone watch the Khalief Browder documentary ?
    That was such a sad doc tbh

Very similar in how young boys were imprisoned , just so cases could be signed off as solved , the hero police .

Central Park Five , Gadgetman .
    Worth watching .

The Central Park 5. Watched on You Tube.

the big lebowski is about to be removed so watch if you haven't already

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

SeaFields wrote: »
    I'd concur with this. Started it this week and am 5 episodes in. It's very good.

Finished watching it about a week ago. Taught it was very good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

the big lebowski is about to be removed so watch if you haven't already
    This aggression will not stand, man.

the dude abides

Did you watch the documentary? They were kids that found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time and were treated appallingly by the very people that should have protected them. Would you have survived that type of interrogation when you were 14 without making some strange statements?

Anyway, don't want to drag the thread of topic. Finished the mini series last night and thought it was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

Not long now (well,tomorrow) before Black Mirror is back.Looking forward to seeing Andrew Scott's episode.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement