Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Watching this at the moment , watched the documentary a while ago .
    They're tough watching imo , time and again people , youngsters , getting locked up for years on end for crimes they didn't commit .

Heartbreaking .

I’m one episode in and in tears at this. One of the hardest things I’ve watched in awhile.

Regardless of whether they were guilty or not, they were just children and entitled to have their parents present and entitled to due process.

The fact that other adults exploited that vulnerability by questioning them alone totally sickens me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

cml387 wrote: »
    Not long now (well,tomorrow) before Black Mirror is back.Looking forward to seeing Andrew Scott's episode.

Hope it’s not as disappointing as Bandersnatch.
    The last proper season was good, tho I didn’t like the episode about the mechanical dog or the soldier episode. The episode about the guy from peaky blinders and the girl dating was fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

There's a new Jurassic World animated series coming to Netflix. Given the name (Camp Cretaceous), I'm guessing it will be aimed more at younger audiences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Dead to Me is surprisingly good.

Only on the 3rd episode but there is a lot more to it than I expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Nearly finished When They See Us. The last episode is very hard hitting. The argument between the brother/sister and mother hits like a tonne of bricks.

Excellent writing and acting all round. Would definitely recommend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Black mirror season 5

happy season 2 (Sy fy has announced its been cancelled )

Baby Ballroom season 2
    Step into the cutthroat world of kids' ballroom dancing, where ambitious instructors, proud parents and pint-sized performers waltz to win.

Climax
    In a remote building, sensuous revelries descend into infernal chaos as dancers rehearsing for tour realize their sangria is spiked.

added today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

A new Bob Dylan documentary directed by Martin Scorsese debuts on Netflix on June 12th. A follow up to No Direction Home from 2005 this covers the 1975 Rolling Thunder Revue tour. This should be good!

Anyone watch the new Black Mirror episodes yet?? What is the verdict??
    Will watch episode 1 this evening when I get home from poxy work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

peteeeed wrote: »

Watched Dublin Oldschool at the weekend. It's... grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭roady rhodes

It wasn't great in my opinion,been waiting on it a while too.
    Seemed boring and predictable and for me at least,not up to scratch with previous seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Reviews seem positive enough from a quick glance online.. Brooker's old haunt The Guardian gave it 4/5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I've only watched the first episode. Having not read any of the previews might have added to what I thought of the episode but it took an unexpected turn and they had some fun with the results. Pretty decent episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭El Duda

Early imdb episode scores suggest that...

Episode 1 - 7/10

Episode 2 - 9/10

Epsiode 3 - 8/10

(ish)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Can you jump right in and watch Black Mirror S5 w/o having watched any other seasons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Slattsy wrote: »
    Can you jump right in and watch Black Mirror S5 w/o having watched any other seasons?

Mostly yep but you'd be skipping some real gems imo.

Second episode was decent too. Andrew Scott was perfect for the guy cracking up, and Topher Grace was a good Jack Dorsey.

Third episode was good too. All in all a decent series if not as grim as previous offerings (Crocodile, I'm looking at you) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,036 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Watched a few episodes of season two of Happy, started off as bonkers as season one ended. Enjoying it so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭tigger123

Slattsy wrote: »

You should most definitely do some strong acid and binge watch every single episode in one session.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Chernobyl marks a high point in tv. Remarkable viewing.

I watched 12th Man on recommendation here and thought it brilliant.

I kinda sandwiched those two in between The Terror. Great watch.

Good lord i only want comedy between now and Christmas though.

Really enjoyed that 1st episode of black mirror new season. How do they even come up with these crazy ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

I just watched Black Mirror there:
    By far the worst season so far.

Episode 1 was just all over the place. Two lads like ****ing on VR. Does that mean they they're gay or does it class as an affair? I don't know. Do I care? No. The virtual world was well done but the idea failed hard in the end.

Episode 2 was the best of a bad lot. It was well acted and had a bit of tension but the ending felt ant-climatic. A reminder to us all that we all look at our smart phones too much. It just felt like a letdown.

Episode 3 was jumping the shark for me. Miley Cyrus being in the show wasn't the problem, it felt like I was watching a teen sci-fi/comedy movie. I had to remind myself that I was watching Black Mirror. Garbage.

Overall a very disappointing series and a million miles off from some of the brilliant episodes we've seen before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Re. Black Mirror I've watched the 1st two and I thought the 2nd was excellent. 9/10.

1st episode wasn't great tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭cozar

Episode 2 smithereens really good and great acting by the priest that was in fleabag. Can’t remember his name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,011 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Despicable Me 3 just added there this morning.

Alles ist gut (2019)
    A woman sexually assaulted by her new boss's brother-in-law tries to move on as if nothing happened, but the night weighs heavily on her mind and body

also added

cozar wrote: »
    Episode 2 smithereens really good and great acting by the priest that was in fleabag. Can’t remember his name.

Will watch tonight.
    I thought the 1st episode was fantastic. Such a wacky storyline. It reminded me a bit of Hang the DJ which is one of my favorite episodes.
    It wuda been much more worthy of a movie than the terrible Bandersnatch. I guess the makers just got overcome with the multiple options/user choices theme in it and forgot that the story was bleak and boring.

Netflix has begun to test a new feed in its mobile app that aggregates trailers, photos and alerts for upcoming shows in an Instagram-like fashion. The feed, dubbed Extras, is being tested with a subset of Netflix’s audience, confirmed a spokesperson via email:

“We are testing a feed of video extras in our mobile app to help fans connect more deeply with the titles they love and discover new ones to watch. These tests typically vary in length of time and by region, and may not become permanent.”

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/netflix-extras-feed-1203233785/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

'Undercover' is very good. Enjoyed all episodes so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Finished Black Spot (Zone Blanche) which I enjoyed.
    Also Undercover is very good (and sometimes funny as f*ck)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    'Undercover' is very good. Enjoyed all episodes so far.

Is Undercover non English?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

It's Belgian. It has English dubbing but you can set it to original language and have English subtitles which is a better experience imo. Recommended..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

The second season of Rain was terrible. A pity because I enjoyed the first.

I'm not sure if it's still there but did anyone see "Requim"? UK supernatural drama, a bit far fetched but still good. I just found out recently that Bat For Lashes did the music and was nominated for an Ivor Novello for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

humberklog wrote: »

Is The Terror on Netflix? I can't find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm a few episodes into Black Spot. Dark creepy French drama, good watch so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

54&56 wrote: »
    I don't think so, its Amazon prime as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

Sadly no, well worth a watch if you can find it though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

humberklog wrote: »

It's on Amazon Prime

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭Crusty Jocks

It's on Amazon Prime

And that new subscription ISP based service Amatorrentaflaprimaflix. Highly recommend it.

• Advertisement

Episode 2 of black mirror new season also fantastic. They are very much back on top form after the disaster of Bandersnatch. Looking forward to the final episode tomorrow even if Hannah Montana is in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It has English, Dutch, Flemish, French and Spanish.
    So you are really best of to use the original language and have everything subtitled.

inforfun wrote: »
    It has English, Dutch, Flemish, French and Spanish.
    So you are really best of to use the original language and have everything subtitled.

Indeed, there is nothing worse than dubbing.

I love watching all these international shows. Especially the European ones.

I Am Mother
    Following humanity's mass extinction, a teen raised alone by a maternal droid finds her entire world shaken when she encounters another human.

3%: Season 3 (Brazilian)

Designated Survivor: Season 3

Tales of the City season 1
    Returning to San Francisco after a long absence, Mary Ann Singleton reunites with the community of characters at 28 Barbary Lane.

The Black Godfather
    This documentary follows the life of Clarence Avant, the ultimate, uncensored mentor and behind-the-scenes rainmaker in music, film, TV and politics

The Chef Show season 1
    Writer, director and food enthusiast Jon Favreau and chef Roy Choi explore food in and out of the kitchen with accomplished chefs and celebrity friends.

Last Breath
    A commercial diver becomes trapped on the ocean floor with dwindling oxygen and little hope of a timely rescue, so he tries to save himself.

Pachamama
    When a sacred statue is taken from his Andean village, a spirited boy who dreams of becoming a shaman goes on a brave mission to get it back.

Rock My Heart
    After an adventurous teen with a heart defect bonds with an unruly stallion, she trains to compete as an amateur jockey in a life-threatening race.

The Push
    After a snowmobile accident paralyzed him, Grant Korgan became the first athlete with a spinal cord injury to push himself to the South Pole.

Elisa & Marcela
    In 1901 Spain, Elisa S�nchez Loriga adopts a male identity in order to marry the woman she loves, Marcela Gracia Ibeas. Based on true events

added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Indeed, there is nothing worse than dubbing.

I love watching all these international shows. Especially the European ones.

True some good ones out there but I find continuously having to read subtitles takes away from my enjoyment.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

True some good ones out there but I find continuously having to read subtitles takes away from my enjoyment.

Ah, I am used to reading subtitles since I was a nipper.
    In The Netherlands and Flemish Belgium that is the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭evilcloud

Watched the first few episodes of black spot. Not really drawing me in yet. For anyone that's seen it is it worth continuing with.

Also It doesn't seem to have the original French language audio so I'm watching it in German with English subtitles. And why is it called black spot. It's clearly called Zone blanche (white zone) in the credits. This annoys me more than it should ☺

evilcloud wrote: »
    Watched the first few episodes of black spot. Not really drawing me in yet. For anyone that's seen it is it worth continuing with.

Also It doesn't seem to have the original French language audio so I'm watching it in German with English subtitles. And why is it called black spot. It's clearly called Zone blanche (white zone) in the credits. This annoys me more than it should ☺

Well, I thought so, otherwise I wouldn't have finished it.:pac:

It's a back spot as in no mobile phone reception, which in French is called zone blanche.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement