Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Enjoyed Baby Driver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

peteeeed wrote: »
    Rust Valley Restorers Season 1
    Old-school auto collector Mike Hall, his pal Avery Shoaf and son Connor Hall go the extra mile to restore retro cars -- and hopefully turn a profit.

Blackhat

Man vs. Wild with Bear Grylls and PM Modi
    Prime Minister Modi joins fearless adventurer Bear Grylls to explore wildlife conservation and issues related to environmental change in India.

HERO MASK Season 2
    After a rash of mysterious deaths, Crown prosecutor Sarah Sinclair and SSC agent James Blood discover a conspiracy surrounding uncanny new bio-masks.

Mayday Life
    Mayday's Life Tour concert unfolds as five fading superheroes are summoned to save the world from an extraterrestrial enemy that detests sound.

added today

13 Reasons Why season 3 added today also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Peaky Blinders - season 5 - when is it arriving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

worded wrote: »
    Peaky Blinders - season 5 - when is it arriving?

BBC One on Sunday. Episode 2 is actually on Monday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

13 Reasons Why season 3 added today also

Season 1 was brilliant from start to finish because there was a proper ending.

For that reason I didn't see any reason for watching Season 2 but this is the 1st time I've heard of Season 3, they sure are milking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Mother! is certainly thought provoking.
    It reminded me for some reason of "The Day Of The Locust" in it's bizarre and violent ending and it's dislocating narrative. Also in the fandom that brought both to an insane climax.
    Probably not a date movie though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Fanatic
    When a successful young rap star has an affair with an obsessive fan, his life is turned upside down when she kidnaps him

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Two Thumbs Up
    A small-time crook and his eccentric buddies scheme to rob a money-smuggling truck -- if a gang of pros doesn't beat them to it first.

Added today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Breaking Bad movie, October 11th.

*nods in immense satisfaction*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Mmmmm. I've just no interest in a Jessie Pinkman story.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I have no more interest in a Jesse story than I did in a Saul Goodman prequel series. But that’s gone on to be one of the absolute best television series I’ve ever seen, and IMO arguably even a superior effort to BB (they’re both ****ing great of course). Honestly I simply love the feel of the BreakingBadVerse - the various elements are so stylistically assured (I’d straight up put both series up there among TV’s greatest visual accomplishments) and set in such a distinctive, individual world that I above all else still look forward to spending time in it. Not ruling out this being a step too far, but Gilligan and co haven’t let me down yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I have no more interest in a Jesse story than I did in a Saul Goodman prequel series.

I always like Saul Goodman though. One of the absolute best characters in 'Breaking Bad'. So, a TV show about him was, at least, intriguing, even if I had no idea what they were going to do with him.

On the other hand, I've never liked Pinkman and found his incessant wigger talk and mannerisms to be...extremely irritating...to be very polite about it. I was so hoping he'd bite the big one along with Walter.

Agree completely on the top status of both 'Breaking Bad' and 'Better Call Saul'. Absolutely excellent tele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Yep, since the beginning I’ve been unsure whether this was necessary. But I’m a huge fan of the show and Vince Gilligan; if he thinks it’s worth doing I’m all in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Yep, since the beginning I’ve been unsure whether this was necessary. But I’m a huge fan of the show and Vince Gilligan; if he thinks it’s worth doing I’m all in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Fahrenheit 11/9 is both interesting and rage-inspiring.
    A few different strands of Moore's crusade forced together, but still; both interesting and rage-inspiring. The greatest nation on earth? Even an ex-army vet gets it right; "just coz we can whoop everyone's ass doesn't make us the greatest nation on earth" (or words to that effect). It's a bit ham-fisted, but very watchable and enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Started watching Victim Number 8, good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭Homelander

I also would've been entirely unsure about a BB movie until I saw Better Call Saul, a show I thought was totally redundant and destined to fail...only for it to go on to become one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. Hard not to have faith in Gilligan.

Live by night

Death in paradise season 7

Added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I dunno if it's been out in Netflix long but "Blue Velvet" is exceptional stuff from David Lynch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I loved the character of Jessie Pinkman. I thought the development of his and Walt’s characters dovetailed in opposite directions.

He starts off as a stereotypical “punk” who is totally one dimensional as a character but an obvious need a vehicle for Walt. As the show goes on he becomes a much more complex character and one of the few sympathetic characters left.

Walt went the other way imo. Starts off as a complex frustrated joe soap, struggling to make ends meet and make himself heard until his diagnosis where he finally feels awake and slowly becomes Heisenberg.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved Walt and watching him transform and his escapades were some of the best tv I had ever watched. He did become more and more one dimensional towards the end imo.

Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

I never really got in to better call Saul - he just looked too old for a prequel story. I gave up after a few episodes, maybe I'll try it again sometime if I ever feel like I have time.

A single sequel movie though - I'll definitely be watching that.

• Advertisement

I loved Saul's character in BB but couldn't get into the spin off and I did try, I watched around two seasons of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

Just finishing up on Glow, really enjoying it. But Inside No.9... Two episodes in and loving it. 2nd ep had me in stitches. Kind of thing I'll be giggling thinking about it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know I'm way behind the pack on this but I'd seen Mindhunter on netflix for a while and then saw it had new episodes up and decided to watch it, and three episodes of season 1 in I'm really really liking it. It's something that looks like you can get your teeth into.

Simple Favour is just simply brilliant.

I wan't expecting much but it turned out to be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭padjocollins

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7137906/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1
    when they see us , 9.0 on imdb , heard about it from podcast fresh air. On my watch list

Dave Chappelle: Sticks & Stones
    Dave Chappelle takes on gun culture, the opioid crisis and the tidal wave of celebrity scandals in a defiant stand-up special filmed in Atlanta.

added today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7137906/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1
    when they see us , 9.0 on imdb , heard about it from podcast fresh air. On my watch list

Never been so angry watching something.
    I had to read up on it after to make sure the show didn't exaggrate anything..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know I'm way behind the pack on this but I'd seen Mindhunter on netflix for a while and then saw it had new episodes up and decided to watch it, and three episodes of season 1 in I'm really really liking it. It's something that looks like you can get your teeth into.

Exactly the same here, joined the party late, 3 episodes in and I really feel it could have legs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

tigger123 wrote: »
    The Boys is incredible. Homelander is so perfectly cast.

The Boys is the best thing i've seen in a long time. Butcher is class.
    (Amazon Prime)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

peteeeed wrote: »
    Dave Chappelle: Sticks & Stones
    Dave Chappelle takes on gun culture, the opioid crisis and the tidal wave of celebrity scandals in a defiant stand-up special filmed in Atlanta.

added today
    dude is a bit like Luie CK, takes it to extremes not tip toeing where he would care about offending someone or just making fun, just gives it straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I feel like Dave Chappelle occasionally makes interesting points but rarely makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

Just started and finished Mindhunter season one over the weekend. It's fantastic, would definitely recommend. Casting is fantastic imo.

Launching into season 2 once the kids are in bed tonight.

Sixtoes wrote: »
    The Boys is the best thing i've seen in a long time. Butcher is class.
    (Amazon Prime)

Antony Starr is excellent in this, took a while to place him from Banshee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Wallander a British/Swedish police drama, very good although the final season wasn't the best. Didn't think Mindhunter Season 2 was as good as season 1. Very slow moving but worth a watch.

Think I might dive into El Chapo next seems to have good ratings in this thread.

Green Frontier looks very interesting indeed.

Spot the special new woke term for female death in the description :pac:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9641192/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

And then there is this, although Im not sure if its netflix or not, biography drama of Carlos Tevez. I love the way South America is now contributing to really high quality drama - El Marginal and The Mechanism both excellent. Not enough time to watch all the good stuff these days!
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10715172/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah Green Frontier caught my eye there the last day, trailer looks good. Basically looks like The Wicker Man set in the amazon to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Caegan wrote: »
    Just started and finished Mindhunter season one over the weekend. It's fantastic, would definitely recommend. Casting is fantastic imo.

Launching into season 2 once the kids are in bed tonight.

First series is excellent, found the second one was all over the place.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Elmo wrote: »
    Second was amazing, expanded, shown how they started to be used in the field, and how things from their personal life were starting to mirror what was happening in their work.

Anyone any recommendations for a good comedy series? Along the lines in Brooklyn 99.

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Anyone any recommendations for a good comedy series? Along the lines in Brooklyn 99.

Thanks
    Do you like British comedy? It's not like Brooklyn 99 but the last comedy on Netflix I watched was White Gold, thought it was fairly funny. BBC had a new season of it out a while ago. Jay and Simon from the Inbetweeners in it, based in the 80s about Essex window salesmen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The King. Directed by David Michôd, written by Michôd and Joel Edgerton who also plays Falstaff to Timothée Chalamet's Henry V. Appearing sometime before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Elmo wrote: »

I think the second series was better than the first . both are very good in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Second was amazing, expanded, shown how they started to be used in the field, and how things from their personal life were starting to mirror what was happening in their work.

That's what got me, no problem with the investigation but the whole story about Tench's family was just pointless, also his wife annoyed the **** out of me, and the coincidence that he "adopted" a weird child. At least in the first season Ford's relationship allowed him to grow, and discuss ideas, I just saw Carr's relationship tokenism, no real relation to the rest of the show (though I am sure I missed something). Otherwise yes the second season was good but IMO not as good as the first.

As an aside but they could of kept the actors names for the series they all sound like their characters.

Jonathan Groff
    Holt McCallany
    Anna Torv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Thanks

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

best show ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I'm a huge Chappelle fan but thought the new special was a bit disappointing.

Not his funniest material, and the jokes that were funny were used in his recent show here so I knew the punchlines for most.

Having said that, the Jussie Smollett bit had me in stitches.

Do you like British comedy? It's not like Brooklyn 99 but the last comedy on Netflix I watched was White Gold, thought it was fairly funny. BBC had a new season of it out a while ago. Jay and Simon from the Inbetweeners in it, based in the 80s about Essex window salesmen!

Yeah I like most comedy tbh. I'll give that a go thanks Fan.

Haven't seen this, I'll put it in the list. Thanks Gloom

White Gold is great, if you like that then you might like People Just Do Nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Mr. Arkadin

The King. Directed by David Michôd, written by Michôd and Joel Edgerton who also plays Falstaff to Timothée Chalamet's Henry V. Appearing sometime before the end of the year.

There's only one Falstaff in my book! Alhough it'll be interesting to see what Edgerton can make of the role. Needless to say he's got some very big shoes to fill.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement