Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get a phone unlocked?

Options
  • 21-04-2017 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Looking for a place thats cheap yet trustable. As close to the city as possible. Heard that Paul Street guy is not great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Put the name of the phone and "unlock code" into eBay. Loads there for about €10-15.
    Usually takes about 20mins for an email back with the code. Might be longer tho as its a weekend.
    Worth a look anyway. I've done it a few times and it always worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

.red. wrote: »
    Put the name of the phone and "unlock code" into eBay. Loads there for about €10-15.
    Usually takes about 20mins for an email back with the code. Might be longer tho as its a weekend.
    Worth a look anyway. I've done it a few times and it always worked.

I'm a little sceptical about buying off eBay, I'd rather sort it in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

If you got the phone through a mobile provider, they will give you the unblocking code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

If you got the phone through a mobile provider, they will give you the unblocking code.

Can't get it off vodafone because i havent topped up by a certain amount in the past 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    I'm a little sceptical about buying off eBay, I'd rather sort it in person.

I was too but gave it a go a few years ago. A shop wanted €30 and I had to leave it there for 2-4 hours. Same job on eBay was €10, done from home and I got the code in about 15mins.
    All a shop will do is run the imei number thru a program to get an unlock code, pop in a sim, enter the code and hand it back.
    I got emailed the code, popped in the sim and entered it and the phone was unlocked.
    The shops are charging a small fortune for a 30 second job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement