Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty WWII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Its the worlds of D.T....."ITS GONNA BE FAAABULOUS"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

*anyone see my jet pack?

*why I am I not cloaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,762 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

*anyone see my jet pack?

*why I am I not cloaking?

It will be interesting to see how the players who started playing on Advanced Warfare onwards take to "boots on the ground", it might be a shock to the system for some!

It will be interesting to see how the players who started playing on Advanced Warfare onwards take to "boots on the ground", it might be a shock to the system for some!
    Give them cement boots I say :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Can't wait to experience how America saved the world.

The first and second CoD focused on the Russian and British forces as well as the americans.... maybe this one will.

Probably won't though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

As someone who probably played more of early COD than most (was in a Clan that played MOH:AA into COD1, 2, UO, 4 , MW2 and BO before I left) I'd have to say COD2 was definitely my fave and pick of the bunch in terms of Singleplayer.
    Multiplayer and a near 2nd in singleplayer was COD4 of course.
    (Though personally MOH:AA beat em both :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Leaks for those interested. Nothing huge or overly exciting in the leak.

https://www.neowin.net/news/call-of-duty-wwii-release-date-screenshots-and-more-details-may-have-leaked

Dedicated thread on the Cod forum here lads
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057693016/4/#post103294683

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never got the lovery for cod2 single player. It was good but felt like a massive disappointment compared to the original. The worst part was how tiny the levels were compared to the first game, obviously a compromise for the low RAM of the consoles it was now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Let them be the 1st of the boat at DDay I say......;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Can't wait to experience how America saved the world.

I cannot wait until after we get past the World War 1 & 2 fad and back to current day, In hindsight the preposterous idea of Trump being the US pres is now the closest thing to a president in the Command & Conquer games that has ever happened.
    Which reminds me of this, coming in 2026 COD: Info Warfare :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Never got the lovery for cod2 single player. It was good but felt like a massive disappointment compared to the original. The worst part was how tiny the levels were compared to the first game, obviously a compromise for the low RAM of the consoles it was now on.

I suppose the thing is that the original game wasn't played by console owners, even though it was a massive franchise on the PC.
    At the time, Medal of Honor ruled the roost for the console based war FPS, and that only changed with COD2 on the 360.

Its a shame EA killed off the Medal of Honor franchise.

Stupidly EA decided to launch MOH Warfighter one week before Black Ops 2 release date, the biggest selling COD game ever. Of course poor sales followed.

They didn't seem to learn their lesson when it came time to decide on a launch date for Titanfall 2. Game publishers should be given calendars with October/November missing.

I think the real problem with warfighter is that it was ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think the real problem with warfighter is that it was ****e.

it was a decent game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Christ no, EA totally screwed the pooch, taking a franchise that owed console space and just made tripe.
    I suppose it was adequately replaced by the Battlefield titles, but the latter few Medal of Honor games were just embarrassing for a company like EA with their decades of experience.
    I know that Activision have produced less than stellar games in the CoD franchise, like Ghost and Blops, but they've always pulled it back, even with Infinite War, bringing WWII back like it never left.
    The poor nature of Warfighter was writ large with the speed the title was discounted, and even then no one wanted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I didn't dig Warfighter either but the previous self titled 'Medal of Honor' was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Wasn't a particularly good game but I'll always love Rising Sun.

Also I'd imagine there are or will be a lot of fans upset at there being no modern/futuristic CoD this year, big change for them after a few years of the same. Still can't say I've any interest in buying it but interested to see how it does :o

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Christ no, EA totally screwed the pooch, taking a franchise that owed console space and just made tripe.
    I suppose it was adequately replaced by the Battlefield titles, but the latter few Medal of Honor games were just embarrassing for a company like EA with their decades of experience.
    I know that Activision have produced less than stellar games in the CoD franchise, like Ghost and Blops, but they've always pulled it back, even with Infinite War, bringing WWII back like it never left.
    The poor nature of Warfighter was writ large with the speed the title was discounted, and even then no one wanted it.

I thought it was a very good game. I enjoyed its campaign. The sound effects blew COD and Battlefield out of the water. The multiplayer wasn't very forgiving which I liked. Players had little health and the gun damage was high. It was a very close quarters affair.

The multiplayer used a 2 man buddy system which worked great for encouraging team play. In a team of 6 you'd be separated into pairs and buddies could see each others outline during matches. You could also spawn on each other. The weapon customization was also done quite well.

Its poor sales mostly came down to launching 1 week before Black Ops 2 which is still the best selling Call of Duty ever. You can't really expect people to be buying Warfighter when everyone and their grandmothers were buying and playing BLOPS 2 :D

I remember a group of us had enjoyed the first modern Medal of Honor but we knew COD was only a week away so only a few of us bought it. If it launched in March of the next year it would have done much better sales wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Doesn't matter what era it's set in, if the fundamental flow of the game continues to be build around selling you loot boxes, I'm not interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

god I used to love COD
    used to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I would actually like to see a world war two game from the whermact perspective on the Russian front from invasion to getting pushed back to berlin taking the tone of the optimism that was in the soldiers at the beginning and then them getting their spirits broken after stalingrad and kirsk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

fergus1001 wrote: »
    I would actually like to see a world war two game from the whermact perspective on the Russian front from invasion to getting pushed back to berlin taking the tone of the optimism that was in the soldiers at the beginning and then them getting their spirits broken after stalingrad and kirsk

That might be a bit too Alt-right to be popular :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I didn't dig Warfighter either but the previous self titled 'Medal of Honor' was pretty good.

Played one multiplayer game, shot a guy in the face with a .50 calibre barrett sniper rifle, he kept running, shot him again, he spots me, shot once more with the same rifle, and he stabbed me with a fcuking knife and killed me.

Gave up after that.

I suppose there is a spectrum of first person shooters, running from MoH on one end to Arma 2 on the other, with the likes of Flashpoint somewhere in there.
    I quite enjoyed the first two Brothers in Arms games as well, but that franchise went off the rails a bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'll say straight up, i'm a CoD fan. I've loved nearly all of them. I didn't get into the hype that was BlOps 1 or 2, and actually preferred BlOps 3 to both of them. Going back in time, i only ever played the first few CoD's on consoles, but they were brilliant. Great story, and no MP to get in the way of it.

Then, I turned adult and got my own place jsut as CoD4 came out, and it was my first experience of online MP FPS (a few dodgy go's at quake on terrible systems i am not counting). It blew me away. I spent so much time playing that game online, on the 360. Just really stuck with me, twitch shooting, excellent graphics and sound and a real sense of progression as you went through the MP. SP was amazing also.

Then, we got WaW, which i enjoyed, but i believe the modern aspect of MW ruined it for me. I was possibly done with WWII era games at that stage, so i stuck with MW (I believe i had about 80 days of online play on that).

Then MW2, which was the stand out game of the franchise so far for me. Sunk even more hours into it than MW, and it was the perfect example of how to make a great game better. That was when BlOps 1 came out, and it didn't gel with me at all, so i stuck to MW2 for the 2 years and racked up even more time online (also the first CoD i got to Prestige Master in).

MW3 was up next, and while it wasn't the jump we saw from MW1>MW2, it was still brilliant, and i lost loads of time to that too. BlOps 2 was up next, and i played it a good bit more than BlOps 1, simply because MW3 had dwindling numbers so hard to get a game, MW2 was hacked to hell, so i could really only get good games in BlOps 2. Still, enjoyable.

Then was the horrendous Ghosts. Terrible SP, and the MP was just terrible to me. Didn't enjoy it one bit, and it was from that year on i decided not to buy the game with the season pass. I never even downloaded the DLC for Ghosts, and continued playing BlOps 2.

AW was up next, and while most people gave out about the futuristic setting, i adored the game. I was never a Halo fan, and i didn't have the PC for Quake and it's ilk so jetpacks and wall running was new to me. And it felt like CoD, with a natural progression to the future. The SP i loved, but the MP had me hooked like MW had. Adored it, and the second CoD to get Prestige Master in (until they added more levels after that max, i think i ended up around P10L70 or something).

Then BlOps 3, which took the futuristic setting and put their spin on it. It was my favourite BlOps. Only for the fact that AW started getting hacked fairly soon after BlOps 3, i possibly would have kept playing that, but BlOps 3 was good enough on it's own to keep me interested.

Then, only in February this year, did i manage to get IW. And i love it. While it's still futuristic, and most people automatically dismissed it, it brought the feel of MW into the future setting. It's heavy, fast and fair. I just wish i had better than 3 mobile to play it on.

I have also played MWR, and it's good, but like most games i try to replay, i got bored quickly. It's given me a taste of what may come with WWII, and it will take a lot of getting used to go back to boots on the ground.

TL;DR - People are dismissing good games from CoD simply because it's not what they want, instead of giving it a go and seeing if it's for them. People should really approach each game with an open mind, just because BF went back in time doesn't mean that everyone should. All we're probably gonna get now is another slew of WWII/Cold Era games, then it'll be modern again but probably include ISIS or some other "modern" terroritsts, and we'll be back in the future again. Not that this is bad, i mean, where else can gaming FPS's go?

Anyway, i look forward to my yearly CoD. They're the best value for money games out there. I was never a big BF fan, and the only couple of things i want from CoD is the removal of the ability to quick scope with snipers, and some maps that are actually playable as a sniper (IW got this very wrong).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

probably my biggest gripe is they allowed the older games to be hacked to hell and didn't care. I appreciate it's not in their interest to have people playing the old games as they want you to buy the new instalment but the way they left MW, MW2 and Blops 1 to a lesser extent to the hackers was borderline criminal. I still played MW2 when it was hacked and it could still be brilliant but painful too. Being spawn sniped with shotguns was not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh, and i should also add, that anyone who gives out to me for playing CoD is immediately a knob. Fcuk you sir for not recognising that i have my own opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

I want to add that anyone that gives out to me for playing HuniePop is an uncouth simpleton. Go and **** yourself for not understanding me as a person. I am a real human being and I have feelings and dreams, just like everyone else. Gotta go, mum is bringing me back some tendies on the way home from work.

• Advertisement

Oh, and i should also add, that anyone who gives out to me for playing CoD is immediately a knob. Fcuk you sir for not recognising that i have my own opinions.

Come on over to the dedicated COD forum on here we are a dying breed! I hope the new game brings players back to the game

Advertisement