Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cctv nvr on eircom router

• 21-04-2017 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi i hope someone can help
    i installed 2 ip dome cctv cameras and an ip nvr for calving use about 15 months ago, i use eircom broadband and max download is 4.8 mb/s
    the system has worked pretty well and its used to keep an eye on calving when away at work during the day on a smartphone using the goolink app.
    login can sometimes be a bit slow when away from the house but is very fast when near the house on wifi
    anyway for some reason the eircom router has been reset twice in the last few weeks and when this happens the ports that were open on the router for the nvr were reset, on both occasions i had to ring the distributor of the calving system and he used teamviewer to check my router and reopen the necessary ports,unfortunatly the same problem seems to have happened again, i can use the system when i am on wifi around/near the house but when i go away from the house i cant login,as you can see from my post i am not an expert, ido not have a static ip and the cctv nvr is made by xvision if anyone can help pls.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Once would be a recent software update. Multiple times sounds like their management gateway is overwriting its setup.

Call em and ask them to wipe their configuration server side. This may or may not confuse the person you speak to.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 gearoid!

You might be on a Dynamic Public Address. Meaning, your external IP address changes when you; restart your router/modem or ISP refreshes.

If that happens, the port forwarding settings will not work anymore.

You need to have a Dynamic DNS service if that's the case.

ISP don't issue static IPs to home users by default, it's costly and not for client's average use.

You may use DDNS service like no-ip.com, a service which maps a hostname you register with them to your dynamic IP address.

Additional Info:

When connecting to your DVR from an outside network, the App you were using will actually dial in using your last known IP address and tries to connect with your gateway, if this changes without letting the App know, then I can't connect.

Advertisement