Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Month Ban

Options
  • 21-04-2017 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

Didn't think I would be back in here so soon, but... We are where we are.

Got a one month ban from LittleCù in the Politics cafe for " back seat modding"

Contacted LC and explained the position and such but he held firm and upheld the ban.

I seriously don't want to be back in here wasting people's time but I have to dispute this ban.

Could someone take a look at the relevant exchanges and adjudicate on the issues please .

Feel free to look at any pvt messages between myself and LC if he is ok with that

Any further I punt needed from myself , just ask.

Thanks

Bren.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'll look into this one for you, can you please forward or post the PM exchange between yourself and Little CuChulainn?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Toots wrote: »
    I'll look into this one for you, can you please forward or post the PM exchange between yourself and Little CuChulainn?

Thanks

Toots... Yourself again !!

Yes I'll do that.

Tks

Breno

Toots

I've done that I think

Let me know if any problems

BB

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks for sending on the PMs, I've had a look at this and it's a fairly clear-cut case of backseat modding here.

In the OP of the Sinn Fein Bullying thread, the question is asked "Do other parties have similar problems?"

The next poster responded saying that they thought most parties would have the same and gave an example of a Fine Gael who was made to change their position on something by HQ. You responded with this:
    What has an FG position to do with the topic of this thread?

This is despite the OP clearly asking was this an issue that affected other parties.

Your following two posts are just further examples of backseat modding. You're around here long enough to know you should use the report post button if you have a problem with a post.
    Checking the thread title again.

SINN F?IN bullying allegations.

So are you telling me that if I open a thread ...say. 'Pitch incursions in the GAA'

and I mention in the body of the post " does this occur in soccer as well ? '

And a poster responding uses an example from soccer which has nothing to do with the actual subject in discussion to try to make a point!

Now apologies if I've gotten this stuff wrong, but the thread title is 'SINN F?IN bullying allegations'

Can we not stick to the thread title 'SINN F?IN Bullying allegations' ?

Just asking ?
    Doesn't make sense to me K.

What is the thread title

SINN F?IN party bullying allegations '

Is this not what should be discussed here, not what other parties do or don't do.

If we want to discuss 'Parties bullying' really we should start a thread on it ?

This one is about 'SINN F?IN bullying allegations' is it not.

Not trying to be smart or anything but surely that is the obvious line this thread should take.

NO ?

I don't really know what else to add here. It's not up to you to dictate which direction a thread should take.

Ban upheld.

Toots wrote: »
    Thanks for sending on the PMs, I've had a look at this and it's a fairly clear-cut case of backseat modding here.

In the OP of the Sinn Fein Bullying thread, the question is asked "Do other parties have similar problems?"

The next poster responded saying that they thought most parties would have the same and gave an example of a Fine Gael who was made to change their position on something by HQ. You responded with this:

This is despite the OP clearly asking was this an issue that affected other parties.

Your following two posts are just further examples of backseat modding. You're around here long enough to know you should use the report post button if you have a problem with a post.

I don't really know what else to add here. It's not up to you to dictate which direction a thread should take.

Ban upheld.

That's fine Toots thanks for your time, appreciate it.

You can mark this one resolved,please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Marked as resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement