Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay scale/increments

Options
  • 21-04-2017 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I have been teaching since sept 2009. For my 1st 2 years I was teaching 20 hrs a week as a casual part time with a pro rata contract. I was classed as unqualified as I was not teaching my qualified subject.
    In sept 2011 I began teaching in a special school on 20 hrs and was teaching my own subject (business studies) and have been teaching there ever since.. I have a cid for 20 hrs for the past 3 years.
    My question is what point on the scale should I be? I am being paid at point 6 but do you not move up a point every year.
    My friend is teaching in a youth reach on 13 hrs for the past 5 years and is on point 5 . She too was unqualified for first 2 years so I'm unsure why I am not further up the scale. I did phone the etb to query this but they are not getting back to me until Monday. .

Can anyone shed any light on the subject?

Thank you in advance

Advertisement