Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banking confidentiality please read?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

tanit wrote: »
    Just my two cents. If she makes a complaint without solid evidence three things can happen:
    1. The bank will investigate check for inappropriate activities in her account and take action privately without her (the op) being told anything untoward happened. The reason for that being is that they open themselves to litigation and bad publicity and there is no way in hell they are going to admit that something like that happened and pay compensation for it
    2. The bank will investigate check for inappropriate activities in her account and take action publicly letting the op know about the situation apologise, etc. Highly unlikely
    3. The bank will do nothing

The most likely scenarios are 1 and 3. In short she is not going to get anywhere. It's not that she is not right it's that certain things are very difficult to prove and even if you have evidence people will not be willing to admit they are at fault. It's human nature and it doesn't mean things like this don't happen. Burying your head on the ground and denying things per se is not the answer and going around spreading unfounded rumours is not the answer either. Taking things with a pinch of salt might be more helpful.

The software monitors but doesn't restrict access. It may or may not have happened and unfortunately she doesn't have any proof right about it. It's human nature to be worried about our privacy I don't understand why people are becoming so touchy about this affair

OP if you are worried about the issue but do not want to take the whole thing with the bank, just talk with this person and let her/him know of your concerns and how this worries you. A plain "how do you know about me having an account, etc?" would be sufficient and you can get reassurance about the whole affair and peace of mind.

If you have more serious concerns about it and want to proceed with a proper complaint with the bank, modern phones have a recording feature or you might be able to get a recording app. Get this person to admit the whole thing and record it. After that you have solid evidence and can take it to the bank proper. With that they will at least be forced to act.

If they don't act, take it to a consumer association, newspaper, etc.

I hope this helps

Thanks for your reply. I didnt want to complain the girl to the bank. I wanted to find out firstly that it would be possible for her to do so and secondly if this is legal. I am nearly 99 percent sure she did go through my account.. this thread is gone off topic because the question I asked was if it was possible etc. And then it turns into me ruining this girls career, making up stories etc. This is why I stay away from online threads normally. Too many key board warriors projecting their frustrations and trying to draw people into a row like what some of the posters above did. Thanks for the informative replies. I think this thread should be closed now... I now know that it would have been possible for her to do so and that is all I wanted to know.. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I don't think it's fair to call people keyboard warriors and derogatory based on any of the replies above. People are questioning whether it's reasonable to suspect her of doing this based on the information we have been given, which at this stage has been fed in an ever changing piecemeal fashion. Of course being the subject of an internal misconduct investigation has the potential to hurt your career even if nothing is found, this is why you're being encouraged to have better proof than you have given us before taking it higher. You're giving out at people giving reasonable advice because you don't like that we're not agreeing with you IMO and literally trying to have the conversation shut down. Not the best way to ask for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

TheChizler wrote: »
    I don't think it's fair to call people keyboard warriors and derogatory based on any of the replies above. People are questioning whether it's reasonable to suspect her of doing this based on the information we have been given, which at this stage has been fed in an ever changing piecemeal fashion. Of course being the subject of an internal misconduct investigation has the potential to hurt your career even if nothing is found, this is why you're being encouraged to have better proof than you have given us before taking it higher. You're giving out at people giving reasonable advice because you don't like that we're not agreeing with you IMO and literally trying to have the conversation shut down. Not the best way to ask for advice.

With all due respect if you read the original post I was asking two questions. The details around the question s are irrelevant so it Was not fair for people to say I was making things up or getting a girl fired etc. as said in previous posts I have my answer s noe thank s to some helpful replies so there is no need to discuss this query further. I wasn't disclosing all the facts for confidential reasons. I didn't say at any stage I was taking it any further or higher.. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

With all due respect, no one has a clue what questions you're asking, as you're drip feeding crumbs of info, and then rejecting answers that aren't telling you what you want to hear.

You've been told what to do: if you think you have a legitimate issue, contact the Customer Care team or similar at the bank's HQ and let them investigate.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement