Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teach baby to roll

Options
  • 21-04-2017 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

My 4.5 month old has started rolling from her back to her belly but not the other way around. This means she gets stuck on her belly and gets tired and cranky. Also she seems to have this terrible urge to roll- put her down drowsy in the cot and the next minute she's rolled and is stuck and crying and uncomfortable!! Any tips to speed up the learning to roll back process?! She rolled that way once at 3 months and never again! I tried the toys out of reach thing and there no progress. She spent ages trying to learn to roll from back to belly all by herself but has displayed no interest in rolling the other way.im exhausted because I can't put her down to bed awake or drowsy as she keeps waking up and rolling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

To be honest it's just a phase and it'll pass... it's very frustrating but there's not really anything you can do... it will pass!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Every baby I know rolls back to front first.

The struggling on her tummy will strengthen her over time to be able to flip back over. Give her a couple of weeks.

• Administrators Posts: 14,088 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Yep, if she rolled from her belly to her back once at 3 months it was most likely an accident! They all do it, and it's a pain in the back side but it will pass quickly enough, and then you'll be on to the next phase!

Wait until she is sitting up and wanting to crawl but can't and keeps going over on her face!

Advertisement