Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 match day thread - 3pm teams in op

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

A very poor day. Heaton, Valencia, PVA, Zaha and Townsend all failed.

Still, lots of action to come in this GW yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

36 so far is a good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

14pts so far...Horror show but two cash leagues are my main aim and still in contention.

Could have been alot worse tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,308 ✭✭✭COH

47 (-4) so far... Captain Benteke the shining light of the gameweek by a mile.

7 left to play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Strange week alright. Look at the highest scorer this week. His team is madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,308 ✭✭✭COH

Strange week alright. Look at the highest scorer this week. His team is madness

They only joined this GW though ... just someone punting for short term glory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

15 from 5, and dropping back to 16 or 17k. Not a good week so far, will need some big performances mid week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,667 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Some nice ground made up thanks to Captain Benteke and back into the top 100k again. Today was a good day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Got the (c) right for once on Ben,40pts so far ,Shud be green arrows all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

15 from 5
    Pretty awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Hmmm... So far it's a disaster. A total unecessary -4 (because of FHFC keeping the good info for himself :p :pac:). De Roon denied a top corner goal before getting injured while Siggy is delivering the pts for the first time in ages. Captain Negredo going for a Lukaku DGW37 15/16 replica. It's all going well to up my season again.

But. DGWs are long, Especially this one, up to Thursday. So wait and see... And hope!
    Even worse now. 11 (-4). I picked all the wrong horses. Coutinho has to be the player I'd have to hate and wish for injuries in the game (I actually really like him in reality :D). He fecked me very deep last year while in my team, did the same this season and now he continues while not in my team. Ditto Benteke. 2 years ago DGW replicated today.

Ah well, c'est la vie. I'm safe in the FSA Prem', which was my only interest in this season again. I've nothing left to fight for and will see Thursday evening if it's worth going on this season. That's good. I could have longer FPL holidays :D. Ah maybe not, I may try and help the missus not to go down in her league ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

49 no hit, with Ali, Son, Hazard, Aguero, Zaha and Captain Benteke to play. If one of the first 4 wanted to miss their game that would be great as have King waiting for his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

52, no hits and 9 to play.

Striker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,654 ✭✭✭✭CSF

40 (-8), 10 to play with one of them being my captain. Very pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

DeGea Blind and Coutinho for me today.
    25 (-4) with 10 to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

58 with 6 to go inc captain tekkers (no hits). No City, Chelsea or Arsenal coverage means it's gonna be a long week though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

18 from 6 after Valencias no-show. 9 players to go but have dug myself quite a hole.

Main challenger (who overtook me today) in my ML has Benteke as vc, so I'm in the strange position of hoping that Aguero (his captain) actually plays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Worst.Captain.Choice. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

18 with 8 to play

Not to be dramatic but my season's all but over.

Negredo (C) gamble hasn't paid off. Rivals either own or captained Benteke. Even a dead team overtook and pulled away from me. Can't see Alvaro pulling this back for me during the week.

Not completely giving up but I may make a move for certain Southampton RB to see me home.

I've 24 points on my bench laughing at me as well :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

32 no hits.
    Had armband on wrong palace player but the beauty of a dgw is zaha gets another chance on wed. 8 possibly 9 to play but not too confident of barrigans chances.

Expected to break the 10k for first time as this is my first season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Guardiola will need to asses Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho's fitness ahead of Thursday's derby clash with United https://t.co/PoBxHjOpEr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

km79 wrote: »
    Guardiola will need to asses Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho's fitness ahead of Thursday's derby clash with United https://t.co/PoBxHjOpEr

Aguero not playing would be thing of beauty, but can't see him missing the derby especially as city can't afford to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

53 from 7 DGW players (-8) Captain Martial but Negredo zaha and rashford need to buck up. Sanchez Hazard Erikson and Davies single gameweek players. Could hit

Worst.Captain.Choice. Ever.

I take it you selected a single game week player as your captain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

32 with 8 to play for me.

No Benteke hurt but I wouldn't get him if I was making the same decision again.

Broke the 10k lads!!

5k my goal now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    I take it you selected a single game week player as your captain?

Yah. I did it on purpose. I didn't fancy Captain Zaha.

Did Firmino

Yah. I did it on purpose. I didn't fancy Captain Zaha.

Did Firmino

Ah unlucky,
    Hindsight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Great day today with double united defence and tekkers captain. 52(-4) sees a huge rise to 160k. Not great I know but it's been a terrible season so looking to salvage what I can.11 left to play + trekker s captain with bench boost so hopefully a bigger rise to come. I might save this season yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

20(-4) from 8

Another standard double game week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

32 (-4) from 7. 8 to play.

Up to the top 170k in the mid week rankings, but don't expect to stay there, especially if Bentake puts on similar form in his next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

36 with Pickford, PVA, Sanchez, Townsend (c), Alli, Benteke and Aguero to go. Bavies first sub.

Up to 14k.

I'm aware captaining Townsend over Benteke was an absolute folly on my behalf. Although in other years it would have been PVA despite the information at hand...

36 with Pickford, PVA, Sanchez, Townsend (c), Alli, Benteke and Aguero to go. Bavies first sub.

Up to 14k.

I'm aware captaining Townsend over Benteke was an absolute folly on my behalf. Although in other years it would have been PVA despite the information at hand...

I'm not sure re benteke
    It's easy to say after the event.
    I captained zaha over him.
    The beauty with the dgw is Townsend has another game to turn it around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

46 (-4) with Benteke (c), Zaha, PVA, Alonso, Sanchez, Clayton, Kane, Alli and De Gea to go.

Up to 26k from yesterday's ranking of 43k, happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

36 no hits. Up to 24k, aka almost exactly where i was 10 GWs ago. Hopefully i can push on this time with WC and BB planned for next 2 GWs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

30 (-4) and up to 47k. Nine players to go. Really hoping for a better defensive display from Middlesbrough during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

17 points with 8 still to play again, really need something big to save my game week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Palace fan here in work (I feel like Lemlin now) reckons that they will field a reserve team against spurs on Wednesday night, with Burnley coming up at the weekend. Said that Large Sam alluded to it in his comments after the match.

Anyone hear anything on this?

That gives me scary Kane fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,667 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

KevIRL wrote: »
    Palace fan here in work (I feel like Lemlin now) reckons that they will field a reserve team against spurs on Wednesday night, with Burnley coming up at the weekend. Said that Large Sam alluded to it in his comments after the match.

Anyone hear anything on this?

Just watched his post match presser on you tube and there was no mention of this. It's only 5 minutes long though so maybe it wasn't the full presser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Taken from BBC site:
    "It has been hard work but we are looking up. We have five games to go but Tottenham on Wednesday will come too early. We will have to change the side to get fresh legs into the side. It is a big result today, it makes life so much easier."

Sounds like he'll make some changes but not sure they have the squad to make too many. Benteke should be ok as he generally doesn't over exert himself anyway. Cabaye, Zaha, Townsend, Puncheon probably most vulnerable as they covered a lot of ground tracking back. Suspect PVA may get a start on the wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Taken from BBC site:
    "It has been hard work but we are looking up. We have five games to go but Tottenham on Wednesday will come too early. We will have to change the side to get fresh legs into the side. It is a big result today, it makes life so much easier."

Sounds like he'll make some changes but not sure they have the squad to make too many. Benteke should be ok as he generally doesn't over exert himself anyway. Cabaye, Zaha, Townsend, Puncheon probably most vulnerable as they covered a lot of ground tracking back. Suspect PVA may get a start on the wing.

Yer man here reckons it could be wide ranging, the likes of Zaha, Benteke, Cabaye, some defenders and even Hennessey at risk with Speroni to start.

Not what I wanted to hear this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone care to speculate if any of Sane, Sanchez or Bavies might be rested/rotated for the upcoming games?

Have Holgate and King waiting to spring from the bench if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Anyone care to speculate if any of Sane, Sanchez or Bavies might be rested/rotated for the upcoming games?

Have Holgate and King waiting to spring from the bench if needed

Bavies the only chance there and even thats unlikely.

Would be shocked if Benteke didn't start. From his Villa days I rarely remember him being the kind of player who needed a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Bavies the only chance there and even thats unlikely.

Yeah...I'm grasping at straws really...hopefully Bavies and Sane can match/better Holgate and King.

In hindsight, it wouldn't have been a bad week for me to BB but the Valdes injury kinda scuppered that idea tbh

KevIRL wrote: »
    Yer man here reckons it could be wide ranging, the likes of Zaha, Benteke, Cabaye, some defenders and even Hennessey at risk with Speroni to start.

I really hope not as I've Hennessey in goals, zaha captain and benteke up top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

KevIRL wrote:

This would suit me down to the ground.
    Triple Spurs attack and only Zaha from Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

spock. wrote: »
    This would suit be down to the ground.
    Triple Spurs attack and only Zaha from Palace.

Triple Spurs and Benteke (c) here so a new look Palace with Benteke still starting would be ideal. But I don't see Sam fearing anybody, especially at home. I think he'll play a strong team.

After that, the triple Spurs attack can't go on forever. If Son stays as a wingback he's first for the chop.

Do ye think barragan is likely to play against Sunderland?
    after been pulled off after 22 mins against Bournemouth!

• Advertisement
Advertisement