Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michele Scarponi killed in training

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Tragic news about Michele Scarponi this morning. Seemed like a bit of a character. Was always good to see him grinding up hills in a massive gear, a unique rider RIP

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/michele-scarponi-killed-in-training/

Thread just posted below at same time, feel free to merge threads or delete as appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Terrible. R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Jesus. That's tragic. Just watched him all week in the Tour of the Alps.

R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

Shocking, terrible news.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Was looking for that clip earlier, what a dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Absolutely awful news. Same as above, just watched him in the Tour of the Alps.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Holy fcuk...was watching tour de alps highlights earlier with him attacking. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

RIP, truly shocking news, was watching him try to win the Tour of the Alps just yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Alex Dowsett responded:

"Terrible news to wake up to. One of the smiliest happiest guys in the peloton. RIP"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

RIP. Terrible news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Jesus that's awful news. The tweet with him and is kids after he came home from the race is all the more heart breaking. RIP.C99jnlmXsAAfY0f.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Was reading about him that he loved singing in the peloton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

So very sad. Shocked and saddened by this. RIP Michele.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Just reading about him during the week, very sad. Too much of accidents like this. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

RIP, very sad news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 242 ✭✭PREG1967

godtabh wrote: »

Wow but thats a risky thing to be doing on an open road
    Sad day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Shocked. RIP. TErrible news

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I loved Scarponi. Such a character. I remember at some GT presentation years ago there was a delay, maybe the Giro. All his team were sitting around looking bored. He got the phone of some person helping with the organisation and started taking selfies pulling all sorts of faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Some horrible photos in the Italian press.. one shows his wife kneeling over him at the scene! Horrible!

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Some horrible photos in the Italian press.. one shows his wife kneeling over him at the scene! Horrible!

Seriously? Who wants to see that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

My thoughts exactly!

This a family tragedy. A man at the top of his game. Working away from home for a week. Comes home on Friday evening, plays with his lovely kids like any father would. Goes to bed and gets up to do what he loves – cycling and gets killed.

No picture can capture the massive tragedy that has happened here. Will the media ever learn to respect privacy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Scarponi has been one of my favourite riders this past decade. Solid, and also seemed to have good craic on the bike. A genuine tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Agree..that's why I didn't post a link to the photos!

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Agree..that's why I didn't post a link to the photos!

I just don't get it.

When I hear of things like this I always remember of an argument with an old English teacher. Should a photographer take the photo or help the subject. Help the subject or respect their privacy ffs.

That argument got me kicked out of class for a long time. Explains my spelling

• Advertisement

With Frankje.

frankie-2-michele-scarponi-and-his-feathered-friend.jpg?itok=FleNQMyz
    CYH-lh3WwAA2BS6.jpg

Advertisement