Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Was in the local garda station for a passport renewal during the small talk as the form was being filled out it came up i had finished my leaving cert this year the guard asked me what i was planning on doing didnt think much of it told them i was hoping to join the DF next year. I was surprised when the garda made a comment about thats a continuation of your "Gun fetish" is it:confused:...Boom it hit me this is the same guard that i left one of my firearms applications into last year.
    Bit unprofessional imho:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

"Are you assuming my sexual preferences there Garda?":rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Garda station for passport renewal? I didn't know that the state police issued its citizens with their passports.

tac foley wrote: »
    Garda station for passport renewal? I didn't know that the state police issued its citizens with their passports.

They have to stamp the passport photos and application and witness signatures. This may just be because i am underage which means i cannot apply online:P

They have to stamp the passport photos and application and witness signatures. This may just be because i am underage which means i cannot apply online:P

What's with the emoticon? I thought it was a reasonable question from a person who is unfamiliar with the workings of a police state. :confused:

tac

• Advertisement

What's with the emoticon? I thought it was a reasonable question from a person who is unfamiliar with the workings of a police state. :confused:

tac

Im just saying i have no idea myself if its standard procedure for those over 18 , its a reasonable question the passport office issues the passport but they rely on AGS for proof of identity of the applicant every first time applicant has to do this. i believe if you've previously held a passport that is still in date you can skip the whole procedure of going to the Garda station mine however was out of date and im underage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'd say relax a little. You read too much into things. Nothing was meant and if we get to the point we have to explain every comment, including context, frame of mind when posting, and any hidden messages/innuendos, then whats the point?

:cool:

You don't want to turn out like this:

Paranoid.gif
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Im just saying i have no idea myself if its standard procedure for those over 18 , its a reasonable question the passport office issues the passport but they rely on AGS for proof of identity of the applicant every first time applicant has to do this. i believe if you've previously held a passport that is still in date you can skip the whole procedure of going to the Garda station mine however was out of date and im underage.

Thank you for the fuller explication. Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

I thought they gave Irish passports away like confetti at a wedding now ? Anyone in the world who wants one can have one.

Cass wrote: »
    Ok, i've bitten my tongue long enough on this. Another article in this mornings paper about the Pope's visit. Its to cost an estimted €32 million, up from the original €20 million. Reason for this cost? Security and organisation.

ARE YOU SH**ING ME? :mad::mad::mad::eek:

And if that is not enough to make your piss boil then look at this. They say it's for anew message, but irt better not be some watered down, tip the cap, style message.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

gunny123 wrote: »
    I thought they gave Irish passports away like confetti at a wedding now ? Anyone in the world who wants one can have one.

Well, not quite everyone. I had to take a copy of my father's birth certificate along with my application to the Irish embassy in London to get mine. I dare say that if you have no direct connection to the RoI by having been lucky enough to have one or even two parents born there, the chances of getting one are pretty slim. However, as you imply, things may well have changed in the fifty-something years since I got mine.

Well, not quite everyone. I had to take a copy of my father's birth certificate along with my application to the Irish embassy in London to get mine. I dare say that if you have no direct connection to the RoI by having been lucky enough to have one or even two parents born there, the chances of getting one are pretty slim. However, as you imply, things may well have changed in the fifty-something years since I got mine.

British passports are fairly easy to get all i need is my mothers passport number and i can do the whole process online.

Nah, you can get one free in a packet of corn flakes soon. Trust me.

Nah, you can get one free in a packet of corn flakes soon. Trust me.

Wish I'd known that at the time. I had other things to spend my 12/6d on. :(

ARE YOU SH**ING ME? :mad::mad::mad::eek:

And if that is not enough to make your piss boil then look at this. They say it's for anew message, but irt better not be some watered down, tip the cap, style message.

The homeless situation could have been sorted years ago Cass, and its nothing to do with a lack of public money, Huge housing schemes were built back in the 40's, 50's and onwards, when the country hadn't an arse in its trousers.

The government parties got so cheek by jowel with the big developers and speculators, they do not want to discommode them now.

Plenty of ways this could be sorted out, but there are no votes in homeless and less money to be made. Wonder how long it will be before we see a West Berlin situation here? Back in the 80s, before the wall fell, Berlin had the same problem of homelessness and abandoned and vacant buildings. The homeless got together, formed communes and barricaded themselves into the buildings. There were running battles with the cops and sieges lasting weeks trying to extricate these communes and groups.Some of them got downright nasty,with IEDs being sent to property owners and police stations. Finally, it got so bad the Berlin cities relented and accepted that the communes could stay by adverse possession, and so long as the building was made fit for habitation and improved upon within 6months. They had the right to live there. Been in a couple of these communes,both left and right leaning,and can say they are spot on, clean and well organised. They also are a good solution in a city where the rental property price is high but fixed by law, and the longer your tenancy, the longer the notice to quit is.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

An average Irish gun owner coming home after discussing his/her next license with the Superintendent.:D:D
    honey-badger-pin-cushion-wf-wm.jpg?w=640
    PS honey badgers eat porcupines.!

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    An average Irish gun owner coming home after discussing his/her next license with the Superintendent.:D:D
    honey-badger-pin-cushion-wf-wm.jpg?w=640
    PS honey badgers eat porcupines.!

They are absolutely fearless those honey badgers, tough as nails too. Got to admire them.

Seems the streets were not as lined as people were expecting when the dude in the white dress came. Any picture i've seen shows a few (hundreds to only a handful) on various parts of the "parade".

I got a good laugh at our unelected "leader" standing like a good choir boy beside him knowing full well he [the pope] denounces everything about him [leo].

The welcome that was put on for his pope-ness is akin to the British government refusing entry to Lauren Southern for "damaging the public good", but allowing a saudi prince, the Turkish PM and others with massive human rights violations and possible genocides not only entry but a welcome at downing street.

Haven't a fecking clue. :rolleyes:

I got a good laugh at our unelected "leader" standing like a good choir boy beside him knowing full well he [the pope] denounces everything about him [leo].

The choir boy, princess sparkle socks, is only there because of what the pope denounces about him, virtue signalling of epic proportions, the new Irish pass-time. He certainly did not get there on merit, he made a town-halls of any other post, such as health he got his hands on.

p.s, the pope is as big a sjw as its possible to be, he was the one calling for borders to be abolished etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭deezell

459399.jpg

459403.jpg

459401.jpg

459402.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

p.s, the pope is as big a sjw as its possible to be, .

Never thought I'd see a SJW in a Dodge Ram !

The hypocrisy of the second country to occupy Ireland for over 1000 years.
    Vatican city's walls built to keep out Muslim pirates in the 12th century

1ff4fe3aac3803ada222540f4a353fcd-the-vatican-vatican-city.jpg

1.jpg

cd3de84b881d3ca961dc9d2bc226b442.jpg

Canada in for a rough time on the firearms ownership front again. The idiot mayors of some cities want to ban handgun ownership to cut crime :rolleyes:. Did not work in Chicago, New York or London. Also a ban on "Assault" weapons, which maybe the result of the UN and their policies.

With a general election next year in Canada??Guaranteed to lose you a load of votes anything West of Toronto.

With a general election next year in Canada??Guaranteed to lose you a load of votes anything West of Toronto Ottawa.

FIFY.

For anyone who has been a Facebook political prisoner with 30-day bans, or are just fed up arguing with SJW.

• Advertisement

For anyone who has been a Facebook political prisoner with 30-day bans, or are just fed up arguing with SJW.

Check your white privilege, facist :D

Advertisement