Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Its actually starting. :D

Will it be this:

zombie2.gif

Or this:

giphy.gif
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Cass wrote: »
    Its actually starting. :D

Well guess what that will mean then?No more 3 round limits on your shotgun for a start:D:D:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

giphy.gif

Looks like Huntingdon High Street any day of the week, but not as crowded....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

"a wildlife ranger with responsibility for more than 50 raised bogs in the east and south of Ireland."
    He doesnt look like a lad thats built for soft ground:D On a serious note ive known of a few wildlife rangers about the place but ive only ever seen one who was in decent shape. i would've thought it was a job that'd require quite a bit of physical fitness??

You haven't seen many US Fish& Game dept officials then?? The few that i have seen in CA were the fattest fukers going.Feckin elephants in uniform.:rolleyes: My roomie at the time was finishing up in the USMC and from Noth Florida.Said he wanted a job like that back home,as all the FLA F&G do was sit in their 4wd.air boat,or whatever mode of transport and just go and bother people for their liscenses in hunting & fishing season,or collect deer that had been hit on the highways.And if not to badly bashed up take them home and eat them too.:eek:

gunny123 wrote: »

More sensationalist Kemp fodder.Uk gun groups are slating this on FB.

More sensationalist Kemp fodder.Uk gun groups are slating this on FB.

It had nothing to do with legal gun owners though, it was all illegal (to the UK) pistols, usually cheap Baikal semi-auto pistols. What PO'ed a lot of people about the show was it showed a stolen car full of scrotes, who had a load of drugs on board, and weapons like hammers. They drove the wrong way on a main road at night, with the lights off, total the car, and none of them get charged, because the police could not say who was driving. Madness.

Apart from saying also,that the criminals are the problem,but the ligit shooter gets it in the neck,as usual.

• Advertisement

Johnny Kingdom, who used to present some good programmes on UK television, died when a digger rolled over on him. I always liked him and it was a rough old way to go.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/728234/Johnny-Kingdom-wildlife-presenter-Devon-Knowstone

You haven't seen many US Fish& Game dept officials then?? The few that i have seen in CA were the fattest fukers going.Feckin elephants in uniform.:rolleyes: My roomie at the time was finishing up in the USMC and from Noth Florida.Said he wanted a job like that back home,as all the FLA F&G do was sit in their 4wd.air boat,or whatever mode of transport and just go and bother people for their liscenses in hunting & fishing season,or collect deer that had been hit on the highways.And if not to badly bashed up take them home and eat them too.:eek:

"Pre-tenderized" :P :D
    Sounds like a fairly handy number alright
    Though if i was F&G in the US id stick to the truck too, blaze orange doesnt even stop them lads accidentally shooting each other in the woods:eek:

Well feck.

I was joking before, but after seeing this, i'm having tiny, little moments of "WTF".
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Well feck.

I was joking before, but after seeing this, i'm having tiny, little moments of "WTF".

Would not be the first time, 100 years ago exactly, 50 million dead worldwide.

https://www.cdc.gov/features/1918-flu-pandemic/index.html

"Pre-tenderized" :P :D
    Sounds like a fairly handy number alright
    Though if i was F&G in the US id stick to the truck too, blaze orange doesnt even stop them lads accidentally shooting each other in the woods:eek:

Kevlar is HIGHLY recommended if you go hunting in Italy:eek: Think they surpass the US in accidental hunting deaths.La passione grandeseems to bring out the trigger-happy ones enmasse.

BTW great read and learn from is this book on amazon "Blood on the leaves"
    Should be in every gun club library.
    https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Leaves-Hunting-Accident-Investigations_And/dp/158667157X

Abit late in the year for silly season in the media??

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/puma-sightings-in-cork-are-too-credible-to-ignore-animal-welfare-experts-37295755.html

From Chuck Hawkes
    For hunting cougar it is wise to select bullets with a sectional density above .236 for the small bore calibers, .223 for the medium bores, and .204 for the big bores. A muzzle energy of around 2700 ft. lbs. is probably close to ideal. The .308 Winchester with a 165-180 grain bullet would be an example of an excellent cougar cartridge. Or a good 12 GA with 000 buckshot.

Seems to be a well travelled cat too.
    Only trouble is. Mountain lions are ambush hunters.So the only time you know it's there is probably when its sitting on your back!:eek:

Abit late in the year for silly season in the media??

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/puma-sightings-in-cork-are-too-credible-to-ignore-animal-welfare-experts-37295755.html

From Chuck Hawkes
    For hunting cougar it is wise to select bullets with a sectional density above .236 for the small bore calibers, .223 for the medium bores, and .204 for the big bores. A muzzle energy of around 2700 ft. lbs. is probably close to ideal. The .308 Winchester with a 165-180 grain bullet would be an example of an excellent cougar cartridge. Or a good 12 GA with 000 buckshot.

Seems to be a well travelled cat too.
    Only trouble is. Mountain lions are ambush hunters.So the only time you know it's there is probably when its sitting on your back!:eek:

As daft as it sounds i wouldn't be surprised theres no licence required to own exotic species, ie you can own a Wolf with no licence but you need one for lassie the dog:rolleyes: ive seen caiman kept as pets:eek:
    Thats how the coypu got out here isnt it? someones pets got out
    My brother almost shot a pet wolf when he was out deer hunting here luckily the owner ran down and caught it and brought it away:D
    Anyways if this puma was out its a invasive species which means its open season on it:p *loads shotgun with 000*

You hear no more of the Coypu,if it was such a threat,wouldn't you think something would be heard about them by now?Same as the Muntjac?

We'll soon know if this is real or not, once someone's dog gets eaten that is left outside in a run. Mountain lions are partial to trapped dogs or other large livestock.

You hear no more of the Coypu,if it was such a threat,wouldn't you think something would be heard about them by now?Same as the Muntjac?

We'll soon know if this is real or not, once someone's dog gets eaten that is left outside in a run. Mountain lions are partial to trapped dogs or other large livestock.

Seen feral pigs here too but they were trapped very quickly and never got a chance to spread which is a shame in a way as they were on one of my permissions:(
    Muntjac eh was it sitting beside the fairys in the ring fort after a session of Jameson in the local?:P I dont think they're ever going to get established here im starting to think the little f*ckers are imaginary creatures with the stories ya hear:D
    It seems like its very hard for anything to get established here Feral pigs,coypu,muntjac about the only thing successful was the mink but thats probably just because thousands of them got out

Seen feral pigs here too but they were trapped very quickly and never got a chance to spread which is a shame in a way as they were on one of my permissions:(
    Muntjac eh was it sitting beside the fairys in the ring fort after a session of Jameson in the local?:P I dont think they're ever going to get established here im starting to think the little f*ckers are imaginary creatures with the stories ya hear:D
    It seems like its very hard for anything to get established here Feral pigs,coypu,muntjac about the only thing successful was the mink but thats probably just because thousands of them got out

Partridge never got going here either, although i have heard of gun clubs rearing them and trying to establish them, maybe they have and i never heard of it.

• Advertisement

Well feck.

The Monkeypox !

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/monkeypox-uk-infectious-disease-flight-nigeria-cornwall-hospital-london-a8529306.html

frazer.jpg

Holland..Hey,we have a domestic terrorist problem. Lets mark down the political opinions,race,creed and religion of ligit gun owners!That will sort it out!"

[Anne Frank must be spinning in her grave in Sachsenhausen!It was the Dutch collaborationism and hyper through beuracy that gave the Nazis the full low down on who was Jewish and a gunowner when they dropped in ,literally,in 1940]

https://nltimes.nl/2018/09/27/dutch-govt-wants-register-race-religion-firearm-permits-report

Holland..Hey,we have a domestic terrorist problem. Lets mark down the political opinions,race,creed and religion of ligit gun owners!That will sort it out!"

[Anne Frank must be spinning in her grave in Sachsenhausen!It was the Dutch collaborationism and hyper through beuracy that gave the Nazis the full low down on who was Jewish and a gunowner when they dropped in ,literally,in 1940]

https://nltimes.nl/2018/09/27/dutch-govt-wants-register-race-religion-firearm-permits-report

I do not see that achieving anything. Anyway most of the terrorist attacks recently have been headbangers stabbing people with kitchen knives, or running them over with a car or lorry.

Just seen this

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2018/09/dutch-police-arrest-seven-men-say-they-foiled-a-major-terrorist-attack/

Well, they have only had, like what two dozen attacks that have been reported in MSM since the Nov attacks and Charlie Hebdo??And about 60 non-major MSM reported on Oh yeah, only if you are guarding important French bits of culture like the Eifel tower or the Louvre or a baguette factory.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

I’m heading over to Toronto in November for 10 days. I’m going to head to alflahertys in Toronto and maybe bass pro in Niagara on the lake. Anywhere else I should go?

I do not see that achieving anything. Anyway most of the terrorist attacks recently have been headbangers stabbing people with kitchen knives, or running them over with a car or lorry.

Just seen this

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2018/09/dutch-police-arrest-seven-men-say-they-foiled-a-major-terrorist-attack/

Of course not, its just more state control being tried to be slipped in as fighting terrorism.Same as in Germany,declaring the "Reich's burger" movement to be extremists like neo-nazis and thus an excuse to remove their firearms ownership cards.

Just seen this

Of course not, its just more state control being tried to be slipped in as fighting terrorism.Same as in Germany,declaring the "Reich's burger" movement to be extremists like neo-nazis and thus an excuse to remove their firearms ownership cards.

I believe merkel suffered a major defeat in a vote yesterday, so her days doing things like that maybe numbered.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't have anything to do with the Tzarina of Europa.It's the Federal firearms law that has permitted this for decades.Aimed more of course at stopping Neo-Nazis from tooling up.[As if it ever bothered the extreme Left or Right in Germany from getting firepower when needed:(]

Advertisement