Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

This guy is where the Irish gun banning wallys must get their information. My head hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Another clown educated far above his natural IQ.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Tortoise on a post!!
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Those criminal gangs are going all retro. I wonder where they found the MP40 ?

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/home/513610/gardai-find-machine-gun-and-five-handguns-near-filling-station-on-n7.html

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SVI40

tudderone wrote: »

More like something a collector would have!

• Advertisement

SVI40 wrote: »

More like something a collector would have!

Yes, i was thinking that, the Broomhandle etc.

Technically said one machine pistol and one sub machine gun.The Mauser is actually the "Schnellfeuer"M712 in 7.63.[Distinctive fire selector switch on the LHS in the pic and a detachable box mag]

Looks like someones nicked collection of German Wehrmacht Deacts.
    Stange,they took the mags out of all the pistols but left it in the MP40?
    If this is live stuff,they are worth more sold to a collctor than any nefarious plan the criminals could have with them.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

They were stolen from a collector.

Coincidentally, just before they were recovered a gang of burglars that Gardai have been anxious to arrest for a long while were caught red handed and would be facing a long time behind bars if/when convicted.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Technically said one machine pistol and one sub machine gun.The Mauser is actually the "Schnellfeuer"M712 in 7.63.[Distinctive fire selector switch on the LHS in the pic and a detachable box mag]

Looks like someones nicked collection of German Wehrmacht Deacts.
    Stange,they took the mags out of all the pistols but left it in the MP40?
    If this is live stuff,they are worth more sold to a collctor than any nefarious plan the criminals could have with them.

Ah i see, i will await the calls from the usual quarters for deacts to be banned :rolleyes:

They were stolen from a collector.

Coincidentally, just before they were recovered a gang of burglars that Gardai have been anxious to arrest for a long while were caught red handed and would be facing a long time behind bars if/when convicted.

Don't be silly, this is Ireland, we don't lock people up for things like that, what are we, savages ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

30 K for that bunch of scruffy deacts???Unless Adolf himself handled each and every one,and they would want to be pristine .Not a hope...:D Even if they were live they wouldnt fetch that price...But its the SUN reporting,so....

30 K for that bunch of scruffy deacts???Unless Adolf himself handled each and every one,and they would want to be pristine .Not a hope...:D Even if they were live they wouldnt fetch that price...But its the SUN reporting,so....

Probably the only one in trouble is the lad who owned them, if they were not up to current eu paperweight deact spec's.

Oh sweet Jebus :rolleyes:.

Another old white NYC billionare telling Americans how to lead their lives.:rolleyes:Trailing somewhere in the teens in voting per centages in the election.He spent millions sofar in name recognition on all US networks,and has managed now to turn Americans further off the NFL,with his anti gun advert last Saturday,on "Superbowel"Saturday.Another idiot who thinks his money can buy him the White House.

By Dave Kopel.One of Americas most foremost gun rights activists,[and intrestingly, in an earlier life an anti gun advocate]Its a bit dated,and wrong on a couple of minor points,but a comprehensive read on our rotten gun laws up to about 2010

http://www.davekopel.com/2A/Foreign/ireland.html

By Dave Kopel.One of Americas most foremost gun rights activists,[and intrestingly, in an earlier life an anti gun advocate]Its a bit dated,and wrong on a couple of minor points,but a comprehensive read on our rotten gun laws up to about 2010

http://www.davekopel.com/2A/Foreign/ireland.html

Very good, largely accurate, but he is coming at it from the self defence angle. Thats never going to fly here, to many lefties/liberals in positions of power who think more of the vermin, than they do of the victims of crime.

A certain Judge who had a petition against him recently for instance.

Said Judge who happens to be an EX GARDA too...:rolleyes:Wonder who or what has him by the short& curlies??
    You noticed he did menttion the Nally case,and the affirmation of the Castle doctrine,more or less ,in Ireland?[Yeah you can have your castle,but no swords,boiling pitch, pikes or other accoutrements to defend it or its dwellers.] Somehow,i doubt that if by some chance you did shoot a couple of armed and crack headed home invaders,threatning to do you in,and letting you watch the fun while they party with your wife and daughter, at the foot of your stairs with all your house lights on,and an open line to 999 so the dispatcher can hear and record everything that anyone could argue excessive force or illegal use of a firearm in that circumstance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Probably the only one in trouble is the lad who owned them, if they were not up to current eu paperweight deact spec's.

Not if they bought them before the new spec existed.

And he had a permit for such from his Super.

• Advertisement

Impeach Pelosi and Schumer. Its at almost 600,000 already.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

They look alright. How come they can't be reconditioned? Are they condemned purely for age and liability reasons (one shatters while a fella is walking below and sues the company for billions?)

They are made from fibreglass,which is almost impossible to recycle in an enviromentally friendly way.From what I've read,and understand ,its got somthing to do with wear&tear on the aerodynamics of the blades,and on the mounts as well as stated product liability.
    Costs one million dollars to decomission one of these machines,and to dispose of the heavy toxic oils around the genny and to remove the base for the pylon as well.Thats gonna be fun in some cases in our bogs and seabeds.:rolleyes:
    A huge problem now in CA,where machines that were owned by private companies have long gone bankrupt,and left these bird mincers to collapse and spin off their pylons aplenty.The other option,which is sweeping it under the carpet IMHO,is flogging them off to 3rd world countries,and letting it be their problem.

IOW we are being sold like the electric car,a nice big glass of Green Kool aid on how we will power this country,and no one is mentioning how we will dispose of these realtively short lived power plants.We could of course ask the Danes how well wind power went for them...:rolleyes:

Just remember this old rich white guy from NYC owns the following;
    14 houses globally,2private jets,16 cars two being ultra gas guzzlers,has a 24/7 armed protection detail.He wants to confiscate guns,and you to use public transport,and not have much money if you are poor because you are poor and therefore stupid and not to be trusted to look after yourself.Remember his ban in NYC on Xtra large soda cups?Did this moron not think you could buy TWO Large sodas?

Just remember this old rich white guy from NYC owns the following;
    14 houses globally,2private jets,16 cars two being ultra gas guzzlers,has a 24/7 armed protection detail.He wants to confiscate guns,and you to use public transport,and not have much money if you are poor because you are poor and therefore stupid and not to be trusted to look after yourself.Remember his ban in NYC on Xtra large soda cups?Did this moron not think you could buy TWO Large sodas?

The same for Dianne Feinstein. Going around with a security detail armed to the teeth, telling people they should not be allowed defend themselves. Hypocrisy at its very finest. Just like the old catholic church mantra of "Do as i say, not as i do".

OH FFS, this is why i rarely stick my nose into the cesspit that is twatter.

https://twitter.com/UN_Women/status/1223932838296412163

The same for Dianne Feinstein. Going around with a security detail armed to the teeth, telling people they should not be allowed defend themselves. Hypocrisy at its very finest. Just like the old catholic church mantra of "Do as i say, not as i do".

She would need them,were she ever to go take a walk around her constituency of San Fransisco,which is now physically an utter sht hole.With people crapping in the streets,and mainlining heroin in the open.:(:(.Seriously at this stage the entire West coast of the US could do with the big one hitting anytime soon to clean it all up.

@tudderone - She is right..........................

giphy.gif

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Rosahane

West Virginia offers to take Virginia State counties unhappy with the Democratic governor.

Outside of the major urban areas to the north of the state Virginia is mostly republican. The state is seeing the same impact as neighbouring states to California as liberals from NY and Maryland leave those states because of crime and taxation engendered by Democrat policies but bring their politics with them.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/02/06/charlie-kirk-virginia-counties-consider-joining-west-virginia/

Advertisement