Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭yubabill

Cass wrote: »
    He was also dressed as a cop, used a cop/fake cop car to go around doing his evil deeds, and the police never warned the public for the 12 hours this was happening not to leave their homes or answer the door.

He then proceeded to set fires to homes and building and 9 of the 22 dead died due to fire related issues.

Wonder how the police feel about loosing their AR-15 platform rifles because if they're only designed for the "mass shooting of people" then surely there won't be doubled standards and allowing the police to own these "means of mass murder" while the public are disarmed?

Or could it be a case of disarming the public because the Government simply don't trust their citizens and are using this event to implement an already planned ban on these firearms?

11155354_colt-c8-carbine.jpg;w=960

It's all about the liberal attitude towards control.

Liberals believe deeply that they own the idea of how society should proceed.

They are convinced utterly that their ideas are superior to anyone else's.

And the mistake we, as shooters, have made here in Ireland and elsewhere is to make logical, common-sense arguments for our position when we are dealing with people who are motivated only by emotion.

We have to learn to make emotive arguments - that's what liberals do and it's the only argument they respond to. Remember we had Ivana Bacik on our side during the attempt to ban semiauto's here? Although that was a no-score draw for us, Bacik was moved by our female shooters' appeals.

So the Greens have entered into coalition talks with FG & FF. Not only are we going back to 2011, where both parties invited in vulture funds and handed over the country to the IMF, but its all been done behind closed doors and against the will of the majority for change.

This time next week we'll have a coalition by these three and will be stuck with them for 5 years. Martin as Taoiseach, Leo as Tanaiste and Ryan as some Minister for Environment or something of that ilk. We'll see more money wasted on billion Euro hospitals, money to the EU, and a Minister in charge of taxing us into oblivion even though he doesn't abide by the same rules he'll seek to implement. Hell even Shane Ross made the PR stunt of buying an electric car, whereas Ryan drives a 2.5 diesel van.

The reason for this hurry?

While the constitution does not lay out a timetable for the formation of a Government after a general election it does lay out a time table for the formation of the new Seanad which must be done by the new Taoiseach (who appoints the remaining 11 senators) and this must be done 90 days after the general election.

Oh dear.

"Burn the bondholders" was FG's 2011 election motto that won them a landslide.

FF fiddled while the economy burned.

The Greens were FF's second violin.

I don't want to pay thousands to retrofit my home insulation or upgrade my boiler and I certainly have no appetite for austerity to pay for this lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

yubabill wrote: »
    Oh dear.

"Burn the bondholders" was FG's 2011 election motto that won them a landslide.

FF fiddled while the economy burned.

The Greens were FF's second violin.

I don't want to pay thousands to retrofit my home insulation or upgrade my boiler and I certainly have no appetite for austerity to pay for this lockdown.

You know as well as i do that it will be the same carp different faces. Ff/fg will continue to look after the big builders and developers, protect their friends in high places, make sure them pesky taxes won't get too high, and they will be given cushy government contracts paid for by the proles.

The Greens will continue with their students union politics, big taxes on anything they don't like, and the money squandered on moon beams. Diesel E2.50 a litre anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

And the mistake we, as shooters, have made here in Ireland and elsewhere is to make logical, common-sense arguments for our position when we are dealing with people who are motivated only by emotion.

We have to learn to make emotive arguments - that's what liberals do and it's the only argument they respond to. Remember we had Ivana Bacik on our side during the attempt to ban semiauto's here? Although that was a no-score draw for us, Bacik was moved by our female shooters' appeals.

FINALLY!!! The penny has reached the bottom of that very deep well. This also means our Reps have to change in our groups.
    Sorry,middle aged or old white guys or "Gammon" haraumphing on about "shooting sports" won't cut it anymore.It's permanently open season on that kind of PR or spokesman anymore.That doesn't mean they still dont have a role to play,but not as PR anymore.
    WE need someone who is patently disabled, or openly gay,or a gender multi, or female or a different ethnicity to repersent us while making the emotive arguement.

Like what they are doing now with the banning of MARS rifles in the UK,it barred alot of physically disabled shooters from particapating and put the UK in direct contravention to EU law on discrimination against disabled in sport.
    Ever hear of a disabled mass shooter? Who is going to give a muslim, trans identifying as female person a hard time on a current affairs programme about gun ownership?
    Baick would have been swinging a NRA flag in the Senad within minutes had she been told this by a black transexual who identifys on Wednesdays as a lumberjack.
    How would ol Finian Mc Grath have been able to spit venom on Prime Time that time if he had been facing someone in a wheelchair,seeing he campaigns for the disabled?
    Times they are a changing,and we need to change our PR face too.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Do you all think that the Canadians will lie down and take it?, Theres been so many laws brought in limiting free speech (that whole thing around pronouns) im sure they feel like their government is abusing their power, a bit like most of feel the EU is overreaching their place here
    Seems like theres only so much straw a camels back can take

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

We have to learn to make emotive arguments - that's what liberals do and it's the only argument they respond to.
    How?

Genuinely, how? They run off the classics such as "won't someone think of the children". What emotive argument can we use?
    Remember we had Ivana Bacik on our side during the attempt to ban semiauto's here? Although that was a no-score draw for us, Bacik was moved by our female shooters' appeals.
    I do, but it was ultimately worthless.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Times they are a changing,and we need to change our PR face too.
    That much i'd agree on.

First step would be to destigmatize shooting sports. Some will listen, most won't but as it stands i reckon the majority, cos i'm not comfortable saying everyone, don't understand guns or the sport(s).
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Do you all think that the Canadians will lie down and take it?,
    Yup. By that i mean some won't be happy, but they'll end up with no choice.

Trudeau got re-elected only a few months back (lost the majority, but still done a Fine Gael/Finna Fail/Greens type deal to hold onto power). Like California, New York, etc. you wonder how people put up with their policies, but you simply have to look at the electorate and realise those voting for these people have the same thoughts and opinions. At least the majority of the electorate.

In short they won't be sad to see guns gone and the other side simply don't have the numbers to change/oppose things. All they can hope for is Trudeau to be voted out in a few years and they can repeal the damage he has done (but i won't hold my breath on that happening either as rarely are things repealed).

How?

Genuinely, how? They run off the classics such as "won't someone think of the children". What emotive argument can we use?

How? What Griz said.

Our efforts weren't worthless, we still have semiautos five years later.

• Advertisement

How? What Griz said.
    He is referring to the "who" of it, not the content. I'm asking what emotive subject can we use that has the same power or effect as any person, be they an old white guy to a gender fluid, identifying as a giraffe, binary whatever.
    Our efforts weren't worthless, we still have semiautos five years later.
    With the caveat that they can be banned at any point that the Minister deems them to be "too prevalent/numerous".

Remember that we've had a few new SIs in that five years and one of them, the RFD SI, was brought in without any consultation with the larger populous of those involved.

My point being they [Government/Minister] will do as they please regardless of our efforts.

How?

Think emotively dont use "Vulcan logic",or counter "the children" arguement which is the tactical nuke of arguement killers,simply by saying "I really dont care about "the children" and quite frankly neither do you either,as you have obviously run out of any logical counterpoints you are relying on emotivism!" And watch their heads explode.:p Study up on Jordan Peterson and his tactics ,Ben Sharpio,et al. If you are going to be in PR these days,you have to be fully qualified in both the topic your are repersenting and and media tactics. It's too serious a job to be left to some lad who has the PR job and thinks its a cushy number cos nuthin ever happens.

SEN Bavickand Sen Tony from Shannon ,who stated quite clearly he was "passing no legislation unless he was shown utterly conclusive proof that these guns were a clear and present danger to Irish society!"
    Nothing ever came of it,because No one in our organisations took the inititave to capitalise on what was gained ground there.Back stabbing and dick measuring was more important ...As usual.:mad: Anyone good in leadership ot PR would have button holed those two literally as they were walking out the door of the hearings for a chat.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

As for Canada,there is now serious talk of it splitting in two.But alot of the rural and English speakers are fedup with Blackface and his Liberal carry on,and I can well see it happen.it's such a huge country,its impossible to control it all from Ottawa.
    The whole legislation that Blackface is talking about is utterly farsical anyway.Two years to surrender the guns?? I'd recommend buying shares in Canadian PVC pipe makers in that case.It's going to be in demand,and I reckon there will be many "tragic canoe accidents"where firearms get lost over the side in the thousands of lakes all over that lovely country.

*NOTE anyone else seeing their corrected spelling mistakes still showing up on their posts,despite trying to correct them once or twice??

He is referring to the "who" of it, not the content. I'm asking what emotive subject can we use that has the same power or effect as any person, be they an old white guy to a gender fluid, identifying as a giraffe, binary whatever.

With the caveat that they can be banned at any point that the Minister deems them to be "too prevalent/numerous".

Remember that we've had a few new SIs in that five years and one of them, the RFD SI, was brought in without any consultation with the larger populous of those involved.

My point being they [Government/Minister] will do as they please regardless of our efforts.

Well, the mainstream media have virtually no interest in shooters, even Olympians winning medals, so we have to wait and prepare for the attacks as they come.

And as Griz said, get someone in a wheelchair and tell their story.

Think emotively dont use "Vulcan logic",or counter "the children" arguement which is the tactical nuke of arguement killers,simply by saying "I really dont care about "the children" and quite frankly neither do you either,as you have obviously run out of any logical counterpoints you are relying on emotivism!" And watch their heads explode.:p Study up on Jordan Peterson and his tactics ,Ben Sharpio,et al. If you are going to be in PR these days,you have to be fully qualified in both the topic your are repersenting and and media tactics. It's too serious a job to be left to some lad who has the PR job and thinks its a cushy number cos nuthin ever happens.

Facts are what any argument are about, Peterson lays down cold hard facts and leaves emotion out of it, we seen that with the blond bimbo on channel 4 news who thought she had him beaten. He knocked the poop out of her, very coldly. He has much to be upset about in Canada, the law passed about what Pro-nouns you have to use with the crossdressers, by law. Trudeau is now talking about licencing news outlets so you only get "accredited" news, and "fake news" will be banned. I'll wager fake news is anything he doesn't like, like pictures of him blacked up or done up like an indian squaw.

Personally i think its very dangerous.

Or have dosebags the likes of SCOVI stabbing us in the front, back, wherever.

Thing is ,now DOJ HAS been called on it after this "consultation" last Summer about the mag ban and locked receptable thing.

On that point.
    .Did you know?That if you have a crewcab PU with a rear deck canopy that is lockable,you can also store your ammo there,with no modifiications? It is a "locked receptacle" too,and is ,usually,inaccesible from the passenger compartment while i driving[Check your model and configuration on that point]

It sure was strange that NONE of the shooting orgs got any information or were asked for a submission on this legislation....strange that alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,292 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

As for Canada,there is now serious talk of it splitting in two.But alot of the rural and English speakers are fedup with Blackface and his Liberal carry on,and I can well see it happen.it's such a huge country,its impossible to control it all from Ottawa.
    Impossible to control from the capital. Same with USA, Russia, Australia, etc. Plenty of area of essential isolation where you can do what you want.
    But they won't give up the land. They don't care about control as long as they maintain the income, and the power that goes with it. The "appearance" of control is all that matters.
    The whole legislation that Blackface is talking about is utterly farsical anyway.Two years to surrender the guns?? I'd recommend buying shares in Canadian PVC pipe makers in that case.It's going to be in demand,and I reckon there will be many "tragic canoe accidents"where firearms get lost over the side in the thousands of lakes all over that lovely country.
    Yup. And I'm sure the guys in Ottawa are well aware, and don't particular care. It's a waste of resources for them to actual check individuals. As long as they can still stand up on TV and talk about the ban.

(I'm not about to do their job for them, but I'm sure we can all think of ways to eliminate the "whoops, I lost it" clauses. The long game just isn't good PR.

[
    QUOTE=Mellor;113356582]Impossible to control from the capital. Same with USA, Russia, Australia, etc. Plenty of area of essential isolation where you can do what you want.
    But they won't give up the land. They don't care about control as long as they maintain the income, and the power that goes with it. The "appearance" of control is all that matters.

Hence the concept of regional or state capitols in the US,where states are supposed to have autonmy from Washington DC.They do in certain aspects,but can be persuaded to follow Federal law and whatnot by funds being withheld and such.Canada OTOH is somewhat different,having two seperate cultures and langauges,as well as one being formerly English crown property and the other part French,and different attitudes to alot of things ,it has grounds to consider splitting.Even Soviet Russia realised this in the end,and rebranded the Russian federation,once numerous of it's "stan" countries made a break for independence.They never were Russian,just assilimated by conquest under the Tzars and Communists.

Yup. And I'm sure the guys in Ottawa are well aware, and don't particular care. It's a waste of resources for them to actual check individuals. As long as they can still stand up on TV and talk about the ban.

(I'm not about to do their job for them, but I'm sure we can all think of ways to eliminate the "whoops, I lost it" clauses. The long game just isn't good PR.
    Nah...Blackface will wave his magic wand and all the nasty assault rifles will magically disapper or turn into fairy dust,untill the next shooting,and then they will blame the nasty Americans with their stupid gun laws for smuggling guns into Canada..Where there is a market...And then ban somthing else that shoots in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Gun Laws

512108.jpg

Cass, how do I get the photo to display without having to click the link? I used the paperclip link on boards to upload that. Thanks.

• Advertisement

The full list of what old soy boy is banning. Anything that produces over 10,000 j is banned also so anything .50bmg. Things like the Smith and Wesson M&P 15/22.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6880974-Canada-Gazette-May-1-2020-Part-II.html

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Cass, how do I get the photo to display without having to click the link? I used the paperclip link on boards to upload that. Thanks.
    That is the hyperlink icon. Its for when you want a word to contain a link to another site.

You need the image icon - insertimage.gif
    • Find the picture you want to embed.
    • Right click on it and click on "copy image address".
    • Come back to the thread and click new post
    • Write whatever you want to write
    • On a new line click the image icon as above
    • A new popup box appears
    • Right click and paste the image address into the box
    • Click ok
    • Image is now embedded.

Its the same process using the Hyperlink icon to another site. If i want to describe the hunting forum i'll insert a link using that icon to the hunting forum. Works in the exact same way as embedding an image just:
    • Go to the site you want to link to
    • Right click on the address in your header bar for the destination site,
    • Come back here and start your thread or post
    • When you type the word(s) you want to use as the hyperlink simply click and hold then scroll across the word(s)
    • Once highlighted click on the world with the paperclip icon - createlink.gif
    • A new box pops up
    • Right click in the box and paste the address you copied from the other site
    • Click ok
    • job done.

PS - I done it for you above. :D

Got a good laugh at this one.

Leo criticizing SF for using the handing out of "meals on wheels" as a photo op. No, it wasn't the cheek of Leo criticizing ABSOLUTELY anyone else for using any situation for a photo-op considering his history, that got me laughing it was that he said he he would never be caught doing it.

Immediately his attention is drawn to his "housing Minister", that twice survived a vote of no confidence due to Fianna Fail's treacherous act of not voting, handing out meals only THE DAY BEFORE and posting the pictures to his Twitter account.

Fecking tool :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hah, hah, hah

Unelected, caretaker, Taoiseach to Sinn Fein :

"The same Ministers that on their Facebook site, promote the fact that they hand out food to the poor"

Sinn Fein - "/cough"

96157929_2606849482975673_7978783337307176960_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=Z8J-cnKXzwQAX8ZB37F&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e788f7b29ec16c2fb3945835da2a4643&oe=5EDBD46B

The new, #metoo, movement:

96519025_3301071249944618_404267666501533696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=Te2lgjTbMy0AX8L3CSC&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=b2dc99b176473f5bc828b9bb84be3359&oe=5EDBF7BE

So the leaving cert is off/postponed.

Another year Simon Harris will have to wait to sit it. :D

Got a good laugh at this one.

Leo criticizing SF for using the handing out of "meals on wheels" as a photo op. No, it wasn't the cheek of Leo criticizing ABSOLUTELY anyone else for using any situation for a photo-op considering his history, that got me laughing it was that he said he he would never be caught doing it.

Immediately his attention is drawn to his "housing Minister", that twice survived a vote of no confidence due to Fianna Fail's treacherous act of not voting, handing out meals only THE DAY BEFORE and posting the pictures to his Twitter account.

Fecking tool :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Seeing as that wally Verruca only got voted in by the skin of his teeth, on the fifth count by transfers, he really should listen to the public and keep his fat yap shut. He is a national embarrassment.

Oh and for whats in it.Happy VE plus 75 years lads. I wonder what those who died of that magnificent generation would make of their sacrifices today?

• Advertisement

95666660_10158711564376833_396345504834781184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=QuvgPwihXgwAX-Dp_FU&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=31e52a3e556bf6a441593e71b0fe5651&oe=5EDC2095

Advertisement