Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Meh! That's mild...Get worried about the domestic Aeroflot flights you are on when you see the flight captain and co-pilot's head off to the plane with their flight bags full of vodka bottles, while a Russian Orthodox priest is going thru the departure lounge, offering blessings for a safe flight at 40 roubles a pop!!:eek::eek::eek:
    Russian drinking games can be some craic too.as seen here.In a Irish pub in Russia??? ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBZM_8QqVqk

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

you all know that Russia has developed an antivaccine to COVID??
    Well...
    Guys, just to let you know I had the Russian Covid 19 vaccination yesterday and can tell you there are absolutely no negative sideffski efectovski secundariosvki Кто может это прочитать Обожаю Владимира Путина!

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

From the Sunday Times Irish edition yesterday 16/08/20. Could only snap this as I don't have a subscription to the Times[puke Murcdochian paper in general!]
    Anyhooo.It seems we haven't been fully implimenting the directive..As we haven't inspected blank firing firearms or given our masters in the EUSSR a register of firearms dealers.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

The whole slew of firearms acts ,SIs and directives are a joke they just need to be gutted and replaced but if they were wed get the **** stick so:pac:

A thought...Would presidential candidate Joe Biden be allowed a firearms cert under Irish or the UK or any EU countries firearms law where you need to waiver medical confidentiality on your application? Thinking on the bit about being of "unsound mind" .As the Dems usually want European style gun control in the US.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    A thought...Would presidential candidate Joe Biden be allowed a firearms cert under Irish or the UK or any EU countries firearms law where you need to waiver medical confidentiality on your application? Thinking on the bit about being of "unsound mind" .As the Dems usually want European style gun control in the US.:P

The Gardai rarely contact the doctor that you put on the licence application form so the chances of evidence of being of 'unsound mind' coming to light would be fairly slim.

And I also wonder how often a doctor would tell the Gardai that someone is of unsound mind? They don't like making mental health diagnoses.

To be honest, the more I see of Trump lately, he seems to be heading in the unsound mind direction.

It says a lot about the state of mental health in America when the top three Presidential candidates (Trump, Biden, Kanye) all have very large questions about their state of mind hanging over them.

Kayne is out.Not that he was in it much anyway.Hes according to his gluteus maximus wife,bipolar.
    Trump has /had NYC concealed carry permit.About as easy to get as a piebald unicorn as a normal NewYorker.And Biden suggesting reckless discharges of firearms in the air to scare of burglars,would go well with a Garda Superintendent reviewing his application .

• Registered Users Posts: 39,292 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

BattleCorp wrote: »
    To be honest, the more I see of Trump lately, he seems to be heading in the unsound mind direction.

The difference in his oratory skills from last campaign to this one is staggering.
    A lot of what he said last time was nonsense, but he delivered it with charm and confidence. Now he seems more bumbling.
    It could be a number of things, not just mental decay, could simply be the stress of office, or the fact that he was the underdog with nothing to lose, and now it's the incumbent where the expectation is that they serve a second term.

Although he recently took a cognitive test, you kinda have to wonder why they (presumably the GoP) are asking him to take one if it's not compulsory. And why they didn't share his results like they did the last time.
    He's wants Biden to do one, which is fair enough imo, but if the results are secret for both of them whats the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Biden is suffering from some sort of dementia, he is like a confused grand-dad lost in a shopping centre. Some who are pointing that out reckon that Biden will be the front man with killary behind him pulling the strings. A chilling thought. The Clintons are having a go at Trump, which is Ironic, as its the same day as photos appear of Bill getting a massage from a very young woman onboard Epsteins private plane, and clinton was impeached too. People in glass houses and all that.

But if i was an American voter, having a look at any Democrat run city, no way i would vote for them. New York, L.A, Seattle, Baltimore, Chicago, no way i'd be giving them my vote.

Gotta say he has aged incredibly too in 4 years in office. It's a horrible job TBH for 400k PA.
    No wonder the US gets an utter collection of losers campaigning for this office.There are plenty of incredibly smart and articulate people who would make fine presidents,but they are all smart enough to not want this job,where your past present and future and your famlies become world public property for everyone to grope,sniff and pry into.

As for ol Gropy Joe and his ol sidekick Kamala[Her name means "Horrible" in Finnish].You couldnt meet a nicer pair of hyprocrites on the gun banning scene. BOTH own firearms,but dont want the rest of America to own them.Harris is proposing a "gun buyback" of over now 50 million "assault rifles".With their own tax dollars .While Joe is proposing making them the same as owning a Federally liscensed machine gun.
    So lets do this logic.If you have an unregisterd full auto machine gun,its a 20k fine and 20 years in Club Fed.Ditto then for owning a semi auto modern spporting rifle...
    So why not be hung for a sheep as a lamb,and convert your now illegal semi auto to full auto and have alot more fun and a more potent weapon in certain circumstances? Good man Joe, you have now created 30 million illegal machine guns.:p:p

• Advertisement

tudderone wrote: »
    The Clintons are having a go at Trump, which is Ironic, as its the same day as photos appear of Bill getting a massage from a very young woman onboard Epsteins private plane, and clinton was impeached too. People in glass houses and all that.
    I think both Trump and the Clinton’s are both dreading what could come out. Clinton denied being to the island, more photos will probably come out. Trump denied seeing him in years, photos came out.
    Trump knew about the girls;
    “he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it” :eek:
    But if i was an American voter, having a look at any Democrat run city, no way i would vote for them. New York, L.A, Seattle, Baltimore, Chicago, no way i'd be giving them my vote.
    Looking at red cities isn’t much letter. Florida, what a mess. I don’t think anywhere in the US has handled 2020 well.
    The really sad part is the majority of Americans don’t even consider their vote. No matter what either side does, 80% or so have no choice in the matter. It’s like kids picking a football team for life.

Biden is suffering from some sort of dementia, he is like a confused grand-dad lost in a shopping centre. Some who are pointing that out reckon that Biden will be the front man with killary behind him pulling the strings. A chilling thought. The Clintons are having a go at Trump, which is Ironic, as its the same day as photos appear of Bill getting a massage from a very young woman onboard Epsteins private plane, and clinton was impeached too. People in glass houses and all that.

Steel colander hat time here[Tinfoil enhances the radio waves :D]
    I just wonder is there now enough dirt on the Clintons that Trump knows about,after all they were all in the same social circle in NYC,and Trump was one of the Liberal Dem and media darlings in a previous life ,untill then president Clinton suggested to him that he should run for office at a NYC charity do!
    That he actually has a Damoclean sword over the pair of them that could send the pair of them away for a very long time?Remember the famous "lock her up!" chants and him saying to her in the election debate."No Hillary..You'd be going to jail!" seems to have been forgotten about.
    IOW he is just letting them stew ,and saying nothing,but not pushing any investigations either as he knows they will be hung out by their own actions eventually,and "could" push the LE organs to investigate abit more deeply if Hillary gets too stroppy?

Mellor wrote: »
    I think both Trump and the Clinton’s are both dreading what could come out. Clinton denied being to the island, more photos will probably come out. Trump denied seeing him in years, photos came out.
    Trump knew about the girls;
    “he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it” :eek:

Looking at red cities isn’t much letter. Florida, what a mess. I don’t think anywhere in the US has handled 2020 well.
    The really sad part is the majority of Americans don’t even consider their vote. No matter what either side does, 80% or so have no choice in the matter. It’s like kids picking a football team for life.

If you are referring to the Covid situation...Its the same in AZ and any of the sunshine states.Due to their "Snowbird" pouplations .Retirees who either live there permantly or who arive when the snows arrive in their colder states. Ergo your death totals will be higher because some of those old folk homes are just as poorly run as ours are here.
    Yes the US could do with a 3rd party option,which did happen before,but its the sheer utter cost of playing the political game there and staying in it.you need now,billions to run for the office and that means you need sponsorship from various factions,who will want their say and agenda carried out.
    It is another reason Trump is hated in DC,he isnt or wasnt finacincially beholden to any group,as he could throw his own money into the ring. Thats pretty much why the US gets being run by some version of an "old rich white guy",be he Republican or Democrat.

If you are referring to the Covid situation...Its the same in AZ and any of the sunshine states.Due to their "Snowbird" pouplations .Retirees who either live there permantly or who arive when the snows arrive in their colder states. Ergo your death totals will be higher because some of those old folk homes are just as poorly run as ours are here.
    I wasn't referring to the death stats. But rather the actions of people.
    Yes the US could do with a 3rd party option,which did happen before,but its the sheer utter cost of playing the political game there and staying in it.you need now,billions to run for the office and that means you need sponsorship from various factions,who will want their say and agenda carried out.
    3rd Party or even just less tribalism, which is easier said than done.
    It is another reason Trump is hated in DC,he isnt or wasnt finacincially beholden to any group,as he could throw his own money into the ring. Thats pretty much why the US gets being run by some version of an "old rich white guy",be he Republican or Democrat.
    I wonder how much of his money last time was his own vrs donated.

And how this time will compare.

I dunno, looking at articles online about L.A for instance, i believe white flight is now in full flood there. The dems brought in laws that made rough sleeping no longer illegal and the place looks like tent-r-us. The dems are encourging this complete lunacy of defunding the police, can you imagine Dublin, Cork, Limerick etc with no police ! It'd be a warzone in two days, the same is happening in the US. I read that in Hollywood the performers and actors now fly in, do their work and fly out, well away from the city. They'll still be supporting the Democratic party though.

America seems to be a very divided place and its getting worse, i don't think it'll make much odds who is in power, it will be the same.

Anyone have any shares in American firearms companies ? They'll go through the roof between now and the election.

LA ,as are the entire costal cities of CA are now total shtholes that were going bad when I lived there 25 years ago.You couldnt get me to go back there.I was a few times in Venice beach,and even back then it was "nice".Now wouldn't go near anyplace in CA that is on the sea.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8631063/Hollywood-Apocalypse-rich-famous-fleeing-droves.html?ito=facebook_share_article-facebook_preferred-bottom&fbclid=IwAR2y060zbaq_w29hWYO5UWjwk-wrucisWnnUloG_l4GXy1Mpft5I8tU90sE

And NYC is dying too

https://jamesaltucher.com/blog/nyc-is-dead-forever-heres-why/?fbclid=IwAR1e52CBAJ9MjxdMCmYSngnAimt5TAS7S_nE55GEEQPCaf948oQz2tp8_uo

LA ,as are the entire costal cities of CA are now total shtholes that were going bad when I lived there 25 years ago.You couldnt get me to go back there.I was a few times in Venice beach,and even back then it was "nice".Now wouldn't go near anyplace in CA that is on the sea.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8631063/Hollywood-Apocalypse-rich-famous-fleeing-droves.html?ito=facebook_share_article-facebook_preferred-bottom&fbclid=IwAR2y060zbaq_w29hWYO5UWjwk-wrucisWnnUloG_l4GXy1Mpft5I8tU90sE

And NYC is dying too

https://jamesaltucher.com/blog/nyc-is-dead-forever-heres-why/?fbclid=IwAR1e52CBAJ9MjxdMCmYSngnAimt5TAS7S_nE55GEEQPCaf948oQz2tp8_uo

An English lad who i know on another forum, who lives in Oxfordshire now, tells me he came originally from London, lived there well into his adulthood, would not go back to London for all the tea in China. He reckons the area he lived in degenerated into Mogadishu very quickly. Nightly stabbings, muggings, gang murders etc. But i think a lot of cities in the western world are going like that, Paris, Cologne etc.

The dems brought in laws that made rough sleeping no longer illegal and the place looks like tent-r-us.
    What law was this?
    There was some Supreme Court case 10 or 20 years ago that invalidated some anti-homeless laws. But that was courts, not government.

Homeless are everywhere in California. And have been for a long time. Not just “broke” people either, many are mentally unsound.
    Some were carry overs from Vietnam or Hippie culture. But the main explosion was in the 80s when the government closed a load of mental institutions.

As an aside, Do you think homelessness should be illegal? How would that work?
    The dems are encourging this complete lunacy of defunding the police, can you imagine Dublin, Cork, Limerick etc with no police ! It'd be a warzone in two days, the same is happening in the US. I read that in Hollywood the performers and actors now fly in, do their work and fly out, well away from the city. They'll still be supporting the Democratic party though.
    Hollywood is a kip and has been for decades. Completely run down. Blaming that in the dems now makes as much sense as blaming it on the republicans Mayor in the 90s. It’s just the natural product of their system.

What law was this?
    There was some Supreme Court case 10 or 20 years ago that invalidated some anti-homeless laws. But that was courts, not government.

Homeless are everywhere in California. And have been for a long time. Not just “broke” people either, many are mentally unsound.
    Some were carry overs from Vietnam or Hippie culture. But the main explosion was in the 80s when the government closed a load of mental institutions.

As an aside, Do you think homelessness should be illegal? How would that work?

Hollywood is a kip and has been for decades. Completely run down. Blaming that in the dems now makes as much sense as blaming it on the republicans Mayor in the 90s. It’s just the natural product of their system.

If it were Illegal, then the governments in each state would be forced to do something about it. The closing of mental institutions is also the reasons the prisons in America are so full. There was a graph showing that as the population of mental homes decreased, the population of prisons increased, it was amazing clear. But if people are in an institution, they can get help, in prison things just get worse.

Ok scrub LA then, and head to the far side of America, 1bn cut from NYPD, partially fiscal, partially BLM protesters, and violence and gun crime has spiked. So much for gun control ending violence, it certainly hasn't worked there, i doubt the five families, or whatever remains of them, are having difficulty getting their hands on firearms.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/news/pr0706/nypd-citywide-crime-statistics-june-2020

If it were Illegal, then the governments in each state would be forced to do something about it.
    You would think so right? As obviously they’ve no means to get off the street.
    But the history paints a different picture. Where it’s illegal, the state still does F all to try fix it.
    The same way the medical system does nothing unless you can pay. That’s the kind of thing that people expect to be a governments responsibility.
    But it’s too much socialism for America.

The closing of mental institutions is also the reasons the prisons in America are so full. There was a graph showing that as the population of mental homes decreased, the population of prisons increased, it was amazing clear. But if people are in an institution, they can get help, in prison things just get worse.
    Yup. The affect over 30 years is insane.
    Reagan’s crowning achievement in office.
    Ok scrub LA then, and head to the far side of America, 1bn cut from NYPD, partially fiscal, partially BLM protesters, and violence and gun crime has spiked. So much for gun control ending violence, it certainly hasn't worked there, i doubt the five families, or whatever remains of them, are having difficulty getting their hands on firearms.
    I’d imagine there will be a lot of cuts everywhere in 2021. Garda include. Nothing to do with “defund the Garda”. Just fiscal reasons.
    As unemployment goes up, so will crime.

Even if the states decided no more licenses would ever be issued, anywhere. In 12 months time, there’s no significant change in the guns in civilian.
    There’s so many guns that people who shouldn’t have one will get one, and give law abiding shooters a bad name.

• Advertisement

The same way the medical system does nothing unless you can pay. That’s the kind of thing that people expect to be a governments responsibility.
    But it’s too much socialism for America.

Very true in a peverse way... As it has been soo successful all over the Western world,as we see here ourselves...Why would it be successful in the most top heavy beuracratic govt in the Western world? As some have described it."As effective as the US postal service,as user friendly as the IRS,and as efficent as BATFE in getting things done" Then add the Obamacare fiasco and people who want gender treatment and reassingemment on healhcare,you can see why alot of people would rather just pay ludicrious amounts for Medicare/aid. This why in the US,your dental and medical plans are big points in your employment package that it gets to cover your family as well. Teah it costs a mint,but you wont be lying on a trolley for weeks on end either waiting for that heart operation.

Yup. The affect over 30 years is insane.
    Reagan’s crowning achievement in office.

You know the reason almost any decent US horror flick has some connection to insanity or the "deserted mental institution"? Simple fact was they actually WERE utterly horrible places under an utterly horrible individual State system. If you have seen "One flew over the Cuckoos nest",that is a sanitised and clean portrayl of an utterly horrific and shameful area of American medical treatment. Prisions wer better run in some states than the local nuthatch.Inmates were experimented on with psychoactive drugs, and all sorts of other surgical experiments like lobotomies and Electro shock threapy.As they were charges of the state,it could do what it liked to improve their condition.
    Hence it was decided giving people drugs and letting them back into society pushing their worldy possesions around in a shopping cart on the streets while mumbling to themselves was a much cheaper and humane alternative to leaving them for days in a sleveless jacket in their own body wastes in a bouncy wall room.Frying pan into fire springs to mind..And lets not even start on the connection between big Pharma,their products and American mass shooters. The US might be the 1st on many things,but its mental health services make ours look top class back in the 1940s.

Even if the states decided no more licenses would ever be issued, anywhere. In 12 months time, there’s no significant change in the guns in civilian.
    There’s so many guns that people who shouldn’t have one will get one, and give law abiding shooters a bad name.
    Proably close onto half a billion now With 350 million backround checks in March/April 2020 pre Covid times.Many new gun owners being Liberals and Dems who have discoverd the police mightn't be able to come to your assistance when you dial 911 from "Havemore Hills"as they are under seige in their station by BLM and ANTIFA.
    Of course Dementia Biden and Horrible Haris ramping up their anti gun rheortic pre election...Guess whats going to become another hot seller this Black Friday? When Obama was going on about restrictions post Sandyhook...The US bought over 150 MILLION guns in one day!! Thats enough to reequip the entire US Marine Corps,Army and Navy twice over with new guns.Yet when Trump became president gun sales tanked until March 2020.Maybe if US politicans quit going on about banning guns and all that,there wouldnt be such panic buying of them all the time??

Those new gun buying dems and liberals are fair weather friends though, the next time a mall or college gets shot up, those guns will be handed in or sold.

Y

I’d imagine there will be a lot of cuts everywhere in 2021. Garda include. Nothing to do with “defund the Garda”. Just fiscal reasons.
    As unemployment goes up, so will crime.

Cuts and crime, which is already climbing, going even higher, makes me wonder why mehole decided to hand the eu 16 billion euros ?

Very true in a peverse way... As it has been soo successful all over the Western world,as we see here ourselves...Why would it be successful in the most top heavy beuracratic govt in the Western world? As some have described it."As effective as the US postal service,as user friendly as the IRS,and as efficent as BATFE in getting things done" Then add the Obamacare fiasco and people who want gender treatment and reassingemment on healhcare,you can see why alot of people would rather just pay ludicrious amounts for Medicare/aid. This why in the US,your dental and medical plans are big points in your employment package that it gets to cover your family as well. Yeah it costs a mint,but you wont be lying on a trolley for weeks on end either waiting for that heart operation.
    I have private health insurance, if something goes wrong I can get better treatment faster due to paying that premium. So I fully understand why people would choose that route if they can afford it. But that works best when it exists alongside a decent healthcare system - not instead of.
    The US system is basically doctors and insurance companies in each others pocket - the actual cost is passed on the patient (or their employer) down the line. Public health will always be stretched in any system, but I'm always baffled that the people against funding it better are the ones complaining about lack of treatment when they need it. It's one or the other.

The US might be the 1st on many things,but its mental health services make ours look top class back in the 1940s.
    Absolutely, even the private facilities are scumholes. The state ones are no better than the worst prisons. In fact many of them double up as prisons for the criminally insane. But that all goes back to the medical system above.

It's something that's always found strange about the Americans psyche. They have absolutely no problem with massive amounts of the tax coffers going to military spending in the name of protecting freedom, and the lives of americans. But if that money was spent of the lives of americans it's a major sticking point.

Proably close onto half a billion now With 350 million backround checks in March/April 2020 pre Covid times.....Maybe if US politicans quit going on about banning guns and all that,there wouldnt be such panic buying of them all the time??
    That's around where I was thinking. Even if new guns are stopped, but current guns can stay in circulation.
    There will still be many many function guns in the year 2121.

LA ,as are the entire costal cities of CA are now total shtholes that were going bad when I lived there 25 years ago.

I was in San Francisco last October. Holy fcuking hell. It was like the land of the zombies in the city. The amount of homeless people with clear mental issues roaming around was unbelievable. I'm serious when I say that you couldn't go 50 ft in some streets without meeting a homeless person.

Some states are giving their homeless people bus tickets to SF to get rid of them.

We got a taxi to the train station and that taxi took us through the Tenderloin district. I wouldn't go in there with the Irish army as backup. Holy fcuk. It was mental.

I was in San Francisco last October. Holy fcuking hell. It was like the land of the zombies in the city. The amount of homeless people with clear mental issues roaming around was unbelievable. I'm serious when I say that you couldn't go 50 ft in some streets without meeting a homeless person.

Some states are giving their homeless people bus tickets to SF to get rid of them.

We got a taxi to the train station and that taxi took us through the Tenderloin district. I wouldn't go in there with the Irish army as backup. Holy fcuk. It was mental.

Now you know why so many Americans go around with a Glock up their jumper.

I hear Oakland is the spot to dodge around there ?

Now you know why so many Americans go around with a Glock up their jumper.

I hear Oakland is the spot to dodge around there ?

Oakland is very dangerous. My cousin lived there and got out. He moved to Oregon. Without trying to fan the flames of racial tension, according to him he was the wrong colour for Oakland.

Oakland wouldn't have the same level of mental illness/homelessness as the city itself, but it has a huge problem with crime.

My Uncle was working on a building site in Oakland a few years ago and a young lad came onto the site and held them up and stole their wallets, rings and watches. He said the young lad was pretty out of it on drugs and that made them even more fearful of getting shot. That said, they all turned up for work in Oakland the next day and just got on with things.

San Fran is where I was. Initially at least. Lived there for a few weeks before moving across the bridge to Berkeley. Completely different out there.
    Did you see the homeless guy hiding behind the bush in Fishermans Wharf?
    He might not be there anymore, it was 2007 when I was there.

Oakland is more a ghetto overrun with crime.
    Tenderloin is wall to wall junkies.

• Advertisement

San Fran is where I was. Initially at least. Lived there for a few weeks before moving across the bridge to Berkeley. Completely different out there.
    Did you see the homeless guy hiding behind the bush in Fishermans Wharf?
    He might not be there anymore, it was 2007 when I was there.

Oakland is more a ghetto overrun with crime.
    Tenderloin is wall to wall junkies.

And not even a gunshop to peruse, i believe the last one closed a few years ago.

Advertisement