Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Batteries online

• 22-04-2017 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭

Hi all recently tried to buy Camera Batteries and it seems like a lot of places will not ship to Ireland.
    Where are you lot buying your batteries?

thanks

Found a place on Ebay that will take my money.

please ignore

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My clonce packs last almost exactly 50% as long as the OEM pack, so keep that in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I found vendors on Amazon for Pentax-compatible aftermarket lithium-ion batteries, and the Amazon Basics AA and AAA rechargeable batteries seem to work well in speedlights etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

thanks guys

funny thing happened I bought a camera grip (€30) and my 2 batteries that would not hold charge on their own lasted a whole day of shooting in the battery grip! so i have those and some rechargeable batteries. so i am ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

sheesh wrote: »
    thanks guys

funny thing happened I bought a camera grip (?30) and my 2 batteries that would not hold charge on their own lasted a whole day of shooting in the battery grip! so i have those and some rechargeable batteries. so i am ok

Probably low draw cells, cant handle being "stressed" so 50% load lets them function.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

It could also be that the camera is looking for some specific signal or value in the battery, and refusing to use it without that signal/value.. and that the battery grip is providing that signal/value on behalf of the battery when it's connected to the camera.

(This is done a lot to try & lock consumers into buying only brand-name merchandise.. such as Dell embedding a signal in the output of their power supplies that instructs Dell laptops that they are "allowed to" charge the battery... if you use an aftermarket power supply, it will run the laptop, but not charge the battery, unless the company that manufactured the power supply managed to decode and emulate the correct signal output by "authentic" Dell power supplies.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement