Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 8th amendment(Mod warning in op)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

seamus wrote: »
    Compassion is for unborn babies and priests being bullied by the media.

You had sex, you harlot, you jezebel. You only deserve scorn.

things must be bad when it is impossible to distinguish parody from the real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

....... wrote: »

actually the big clue was that it was too mild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I really wish people would stop calling it murder. It isn't murder. In any shape or form. Calling it so is hyperbole and inaccurate and just takes away from the discussion. It just comes across like trying to point score and is highly insensitive to women who are on this thread who have shared their stories about having abortions themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Da Boss wrote: »
    I believe it is wrong and unjust and u should be held accountable for what you done, and yes, be disciplined by the law. You say you had an abortion, without hardly any thought about the fact you ended the life of another! Do you feel no shame, no guilt? Have you and conscience or is it all me me me with no thought whatsoever about the implications on the unborn, denied their right to live due to your self centeredness

What kind of punishment would you suggest then? Life in prison? Maybe less for those who have regret, more for those who aren't ashamed.

I had an abortion too, I can think of at least twenty other Irish women who admit to having abortions. Are you going to lock us all up? And what about the partners, husbands, friends etc who came with us or minded kids for us or gave us the money....they were all aware, do they go to prison too?

You can shout as much as you like that abortion is murder, that we are 'baby' killers. You won't shame me though :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭Da Boss

baylah17 wrote: »
    So you believe that a woman should be coerced against her will to carry an unwanted pregnancy to full term against her will and under pain of punishment?
    You seem to have little regard or respect for the rights of women.

First of all , babies don’t just magically appear in the womb, they are created, women are aware of this. Therefore, unless women want a baby, they should play safe. Simple as that. Also, you say a woman shouldn’t be forced , they shouldn’t therefore that’s why they should practice safe sex. A baby in the womb shouldn’t be forced in death!! It’s not all about the mother, there’s two people at stake here. Yee desire “choice” , but that already exsistent, you have a choice whether or not you desire to become pregnant. If you decide to become pregnant, that’s your descion, you are not forced

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭Da Boss

eviltwin wrote: »
    What kind of punishment would you suggest then? Life in prison? Maybe less for those who have regret, more for those who aren't ashamed.

I had an abortion too, I can think of at least twenty other Irish women who admit to having abortions. Are you going to lock us all up? And what about the partners, husbands, friends etc who came with us or minded kids for us or gave us the money....they were all aware, do they go to prison too?

You can shout as much as you like that abortion is murder, that we are 'baby' killers. You won't shame me though :)

I think that says all I need to know about you and your conscience (or lack of more like) . You have blood on your hands, you ended the life of another and you don’t seem to think of it twice, to me that’s scary, you show any compassion, or are you as it appears?- stone hearted

I think that says all I need to know about you and your conscience (or lack of more like) . You have blood on your hands, you ended the life of another and you don’t seem to think of it twice, to me that’s scary, you show any compassion, or are you as it appears?- stone hearted

That's all so predictable. Can you answer the question now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

First of all , babies don’t just magically appear in the womb, they are created, women are aware of this. Therefore, unless women want a baby, they should play safe. Simple as that. Also, you say a woman shouldn’t be forced , they shouldn’t therefore that’s why they should practice safe sex. A baby in the womb shouldn’t be forced in death!! It’s not all about the mother, there’s two people at stake here. Yee desire “choice” , but that already exsistent, you have a choice whether or not you desire to become pregnant. If you decide to become pregnant, that’s your descion, you are not forced

its not a baby until its born
    until then its a foetus
    in the first few weeks its a chemical embryo

people make mistakes. life is about choices and mistakes
    they should have the choice to correct their mistakes (early in the pregnancy)
    life is not black and white. there's a whole grey area in between

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

And if the contraceptive fails? What then? Should women be punished with a pregnancy they don't want because they had sex? What about women who are raped? Should they be forced to carry her rapists' child?

We have had women on this thread who would be left wheelchair bound if they went through another pregnancy. There are women who are refused medication that they need because it could harm a fetus. There are women made to carry foetuses that are dead or dying. There are womdn who have to give birth to children that they want who they know will die within hours of birth, in pain. That is what the 8th amendment does.

I find myself thinking that you're very young yet, and that you may not have experienced the bowel-loosening terror of the sudden pregnancy scare. Take a deep breath, step back, and think how you would feel if you discovered you were pregnant in the morning. All the things in your life you wouldn't be able to do. The impact it would have on your career and your future prospects.

its like listening to somebody from SPUC or Youth Defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

its like listening to somebody from SPUC or Youth Defence.

saw a Reeling in the Years from 1992 recently.

Youth Defence were front and centre of the Anti Abortion protests. They haven't gone away you know...

All I’m seeing here is women, women, women. Women should know better, women should do this, women should do that.
    Does the woman create the baby all by herself or am I missing something?

You actually sound like one of those men that hates women. You clearly have no respect for them. Your point of view is ignorant at best, and dangerous at worst.
    You don’t have compassion. You haven’t even touched on any of the issues regarding the 8th and maternity care and consent, which shows you don’t have a clue. So clearly all you care about is ‘saving da baybeez’.
    Or at least that’s what you seem to think.

I can’t wait for this referendum will be passed so people like you won’t have a platform for sharing your hateful views any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yawn.

BTW I think of my abortion nearly every day (especially now coming up to the referendum), doesn't mean I regret it or am ashamed of it. I made the best decision for my family at the time it happened. Bringing another child into the world would have forced my already born children into a life of poverty. Why don't you care about children who are already born?

You're pro-birth, not pro-life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Women do play safe, believe me, it's a constant worry day in and day out for us women who don't want (another) child. So, we should stop having sex altogether if we don't want to become pregnant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,575 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

However let me tell you this, there is nothing backwards or old fashioned about standing up against murder!

Odd then that the 1861 Offences Against The Person Act, which was our abortion legislation until only five years ago, didn't make abortion murder. The current legislation doesn't either - and that's with the 8th in place.

I don't believe you are sincere and are using highly emotive and legally incorrect terminology just to provoke a reaction.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,199 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

NuMarvel wrote: »
    I'm glad to see you agree that a woman's right to bodily autonomy should be paramount. How does a pregnant woman who doesn't want to be pregnant exercise her right to bodily autonomy if not through abortion?

abortion on demand doesn't effect her bodily autonomy. she is not accessing her bodily autonomy by killing the unborn, which is a separate entity and a separate life ultimately, which will rely on the mother for a time.
    Now I know you're trolling us...

well i'm not as i don't engage in trolling. having a different viewpoint to you isn't trolling. this is basic stuff.
    WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I really wish people would stop calling it murder. It isn't murder. In any shape or form. Calling it so is hyperbole and inaccurate and just takes away from the discussion. It just comes across like trying to point score and is highly insensitive to women who are on this thread who have shared their stories about having abortions themselves.

i don't agree. if people believe it to be murder that is their view and they are entitled to it. if it's insensitive then that can't be helped but it will be nothing near as insensitive as killing the unborn outside extreme circumstances.
    All I’m seeing here is women, women, women. Women should know better, women should do this, women should do that.
    Does the woman create the baby all by herself or am I missing something?

You actually sound like one of those men that hates women. You clearly have no respect for them. Your point of view is ignorant at best, and dangerous at worst.
    You don’t have compassion. You haven’t even touched on any of the issues regarding the 8th and maternity care and consent, which shows you don’t have a clue. So clearly all you care about is ‘saving da baybeez’.
    Or at least that’s what you seem to think.

I can’t wait for this referendum will be passed so people like you won’t have a platform for sharing your hateful views any more.

the referendum passing isn't going to make the pro-life campaign go away. they are going nowhere, this isn't going to be a repeat of the SSM referendum.
    nice_guy80 wrote: »
    its not a baby until its born
    until then its a foetus
    in the first few weeks its a chemical embryo

people make mistakes. life is about choices and mistakes
    they should have the choice to correct their mistakes (early in the pregnancy)
    life is not black and white. there's a whole grey area in between

it's a baby the minute the heart begins to beat and there is brain activity. before that it is still a being and has the right to be protected. if people badly want an abortion then they are able to avail of it, it isn't needed in ireland bar extreme circumstances, which rightly are facilitated in ireland.
    kylith wrote: »
    And if the contraceptive fails? What then? Should women be punished with a pregnancy they don't want because they had sex? What about women who are raped? Should they be forced to carry her rapists' child?

We have had women on this thread who would be left wheelchair bound if they went through another pregnancy. There are women who are refused medication that they need because it could harm a fetus. There are women made to carry foetuses that are dead or dying. There are womdn who have to give birth to children that they want who they know will die within hours of birth, in pain. That is what the 8th amendment does.

I find myself thinking that you're very young yet, and that you may not have experienced the bowel-loosening terror of the sudden pregnancy scare. Take a deep breath, step back, and think how you would feel if you discovered you were pregnant in the morning. All the things in your life you wouldn't be able to do. The impact it would have on your career and your future prospects.

your career and your future prospects are not reasons for abortion on demand to be availible in ireland.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Moderators Posts: 51,866 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

abortion on demand doesn't effect her bodily autonomy. she is not accessing her bodily autonomy by killing the unborn, which is a separate entity and a separate life ultimately, which will rely on the mother for a time.

Bodily autonomy is choosing what happens regarding their own body. By not allowing a person avail of abortion (should they choose to have one) you are denying them bodily autonomy.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Edward M wrote: »
    I mean the easiest way out of a pregnancy.
    For some, and maybe a very small percentage, of those that seek abortion on demand it may be used as the first option instead of carrying a pregnancy through to the end when it might be a very possible outcome.
    If you want to term that as a late contraception, then ok, that would be it.
    I'm not talking the morning after pill sort of thing, but the 10/12 week decision as taking abortion as just an easy option, whether necessary or not.
    It would happen I feel, and for that reason I'd be torn as to supporting such legislation.

I really like your reasoned way of thinking Edward and fully respect that this is not an easy vote.

But at the same time, if you are torn so much about what way to vote why would you think a woman finds it "easy" to have an abortion?

Do you get that it's not an easy option for anyone?

Remember all the talk of a massive rebellion in Fine Gael that would bring that down? How did that work out at the end of the day?

Not a single TD or Senator who left FG over the POLDPA legislation won a seat in the next election. You'd think the 'silent majority' would have flocked to them.

How did Renua get on......?

Scrap the cap!

Delirium wrote: »
    Bodily autonomy is choosing what happens regarding their own body. By not allowing a person avail of abortion (should they choose to have one) you are denying them bodily autonomy.

This has been explained to him about 30 times over the course of 5/6 threads, and he doesn't care. Apparently his opinions are facts, therefore if he says bodily autonomy isn't effected, it just isn't.

Its like talking to a brick wall.

• Advertisement

i don't agree. if people believe it to be murder that is their view and they are entitled to it. if it's insensitive then that can't be helped but it will be nothing near as insensitive as killing the unborn outside extreme circumstances.

I'm just as entitled to believe the word is insensitive and has no place in this debate other than below the belt point scoring.
    the referendum passing isn't going to make the pro-life campaign go away. they are going nowhere, this isn't going to be a repeat of the SSM referendum.

That is exactly what's going to happen. You can continue your life, not availing of abortions, nothing will change for you. The rest of us will have our choice and all will be right again.
    The pro-birthers will go back under the rock they crawled out of until the next referendum comes around.

Ah, here you are again.

I am still awaiting,

(a) evidence to show that the 8th Amendment should be kept in place due to positive outcomes and

(b) an argument provided to show that a fetus should have more rights than a living sentient woman.

FOURTH time to ask you directly now, or FIFTH? Ive lost count.

And I'd like EOTR to answer my question about what legal sanctions women who have abortions here should face given that it's murder.....

Delirium wrote: »

i really don't agree. killing the unborn isn't exercising bodily autonomy due to as i said, the unborn being ultimately a separate entity. yes it relies on the mother for a time for survival, but there are lots of other times where one may rely on someone else for survival and we don't allow their killing.
    I'm just as entitled to believe the word is insensitive and has no place in this debate other than below the belt point scoring.

i never said you weren't.
    That is exactly what's going to happen. You can continue your life, not availing of abortions, nothing will change for you. The rest of us will have our choice and all will be right again.
    The pro-birthers will go back under the rock they crawled out of until the next referendum comes around.

the pro-life side are going nowhere, there will be a campaign in some form to insure abortion on demand being availible in ireland will be made very very difficult. how that campaign will go is anyone's guess but there will be one. abortion is a contentious issue and the pro-life campaign aren't going to give up the fight just because the referendum supposibly passes. you already have your choice, the uk which is only a short trip away.
    And I'd like EOTR to answer my question about what legal sanctions women who have abortions here should face given that it's murder.....

the protesters outside abortion clynics showing contempt is enough.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Moderators Posts: 51,866 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

i really don't agree. killing the unborn isn't exercising bodily autonomy due to as i said, the unborn being ultimately a separate entity. yes it relies on the mother for a time for survival, but there are lots of other times where one may rely on someone else for survival and we don't allow their killing.

Either you're not understanding "bodily autonomy" or basic biology.

Please explain how choosing to have an abortion is not making a choice about what is happening within their own body.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Great. So you support the right of women to choose an abortion then.

Because being pro-life requires that you support legal sanctions against abortion.

If you don't support legal sanctions against abortion, then you are pro-choice.

It's fundamentally incompatible to say abortion should not be permitted but shouldn't be illegal.

January wrote: »
    Yawn.

BTW I think of my abortion nearly every day (especially now coming up to the referendum), doesn't mean I regret it or am ashamed of it. I made the best decision for my family at the time it happened. Bringing another child into the world would have forced my already born children into a life of poverty. Why don't you care about children who are already born?

You're pro-birth, not pro-life.

Please don't justify yourself to the likes of that Jan, I won't. It doesn't deserve any response.

It's random ravings of a religious nut.

I've come back to this thread again because I've seen some actual good discussion going on for a change I just really wish something could be done about repetitive posting of crap. It's draining. Even with someone on ignore, they're quoted by every other person.

Great. So you support the right of women to choose an abortion then.

i don't. however if they travel outside the state there is nothing that can be done.
    Because being pro-life requires that you support legal sanctions against abortion.

no it doesn't. you can support something being illegal but understand that the odd time it is such that sanctions can't be enforced.
    If you don't support legal sanctions against abortion, then you are pro-choice.

no you aren't.
    pilly wrote: »
    Please don't justify yourself to the likes of that Jan, I won't. It doesn't deserve any response.

It's random ravings of a religious nut.

has the poster said he is religious? not that i can find anyway. you don't have to be religious to be against abortion, whether it's being against abortion on demand or abortion full stop regardless of extreme circumstances.

Well I'm confused. You've been arguing that abortion is the killing of a baby, that the unborn should be treated as individuals, that they deserve the same legal protection as the living....

Why then do you not support legal sanctions for abortions here?

I'm genuinely confused by this. If you believe an unborn baby is as equal to a living baby then why wouldn't you want it's death, or murder if you are looking at it that way, to be investigated and punished accordingly?

Well I'm confused. You've been arguing that abortion is the killing of a baby, that the unborn should be treated as individuals, that they deserve the same legal protection as the living....

Why then do you not support legal sanctions for abortions here?

I'm genuinely confused by this. If you believe an unborn baby is as equal to a living baby then why wouldn't you want it's death, or murder if you are it that way, to be investigated and punished accordingly?

because it's not going to happen. so i would be campaigning for something that won't happen. however campaigning for the status quo where abortion on demand isn't availible in ireland and those who want it can go to england is actually doable.

because it's not going to happen. so i would be campaigning for something that won't happen. however campaigning for the status quo where abortion on demand isn't availible in ireland and those who want it can go to england is actually doable.

So we've gone right around the carousel and we've just stopped at the NIMBYisms again.

I agree with Pilly, this isn't half getting repetitive.

Doesn't that say it all? If the public really believed abortion was murder we wouldnt be sitting by and letting 3000 plus babies be killed. We would be demanding justice. So far only one poster has done that. And that's why I can't take your argument seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

the pro-life campaign aren't going to give up the fight just because the referendum supposibly passes.

And EOTR finally reveals his identity:

9a0989d65df6acb711dae7a755aa1593--friends-moments-friends-forever.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

[Insert Princess Bride's Inigo Montoya meme here]
    well i'm not as i don't engage in trolling. having a different viewpoint to you isn't trolling. this is basic stuff.

And it's my viewpoint that anyone claiming the pro life movement would support repealing the 8th in cases of abortion other than on request is trolling.

They had conniptions about abortion being legislated for just to save a woman's life for crying out loud. I can't see them favouring repeal in any circumstances, regardless of the possibility of abortion on demand.

I don't think they believe it's murder though. They're just shouting murder at the top of their lungs to stymie debate and to hurt people. But they don't really believe it.

Because if they did, they'd surely be doing a lot more to stop it. They'd be demanding life sentences for people who have abortions. They'd be campaigning for ways to legally stop people travelling or arranging abortions. They'd be doing a lot more than they are currently doing which is..... nothing.

You might be right, but we barely hear anything anymore from pro life groups about the Protection of Life During Pregnancy Act. For all the protests and flyers they had going at the time, they're remarkably quiet now about legislation that they said allowed "abortion up to birth".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

What is the next referendum though? I reckon this is the last major issue for the Catholic Right in Ireland. One might almost say a defeat in this referendum would be the "end of the road" for them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

no it doesn't. you can support something being illegal but understand that the odd time it is such that sanctions can't be enforced.
    But that's not what you're saying.

You're dancing around it and avoiding the question because you don't want abortions, but you hate the idea of sending women to jail for it.

You've explicitly stated that you're fine with there being no legal sanction. Therefore you support abortion being available.

It's possible to not like something being available, but if you don't believe that the state should prevent it from taking place, then you implicitly support its availability no matter how distasteful you may find it.

You cannot say that "X should not be allowed, but the state should ignore it where it does happen". That's pure mealy-mouthed, hand-wringing. Making statements without the conviction to back them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

What is the next referendum though? I reckon this is the last major issue for the Catholic Right in Ireland. One might almost say a defeat in this referendum would be the "end of the road" for them...

I don't think there's another major social issue that needs to be put to a referendum for the foreseeable future. There are some issues that may prove controversial with some groups, eg euthanasia, surrogacy, but referendums aren't needed for those, because there's no constitutional impediment to legislating for those.

There'll be another divorce referendum, but that's on a technical matter of changing the waiting time from four years to two. I can't see much opposition to that, with David Quinn already saying he's not going to campaign against. (Though I might because I don't think timeframes should be in the constitution at all!)

So we've gone right around the carousel and we've just stopped at the NIMBYisms again.

I agree with Pilly, this isn't half getting repetitive.

there are no nimby anything. the topic of abortion by it's nature is going to be somewhat repetitive. and in reality abortion is the big part of the 8th being repealed hence it is going to get more of a discussion then the other aspects, which everyone seems to be in agreement that they need to be solved.

this is inaccurate. i'm not interested in "beating" anyone or forcing anyone into submission. however the reality is the topic of abortion is going to be somewhat repetitive by it's nature as there aren't many angles it can be covered from. abortion is the main part of the repeal the 8th campaign that will be discussed as it's the issue where there is some actual real disagreement. i understand that you want an echo-chamber where only similar views to you are aired, but rightly, that isn't going to happen. if it's what you want, boards isn't the place for you.
    if i was a bot or a controled account/shill who was out to destroy threads then i wouldn't be here. the fact is i'm just another poster expressing an opinion, and no amount of personal attacks by yourself and others will change that reality. none of the allegations you make against me will stick because they are nonsense, made up in an attempt to bate me and it isn't going to work. being the decent individual that i am, i'm not going to engage in getting personal with posters just because i disagree with them and i'm even letting all such attacks go given that i understand the topic is contentious. you need to accept that there are people with different views to you.
    You've explicitly stated that you're fine with there being no legal sanction. Therefore you support abortion being available.

you can be against something but understand a legal sanction may not be enforcible. so therefore the fact i understand a legal sanction isn't enforcible, doesn't mean i simply support abortion. i have stated that i am in favour of abortion in absolute extreme circumstances however anything outside that is unnecessary and those who want it on unnecessary grounds will have to fund that procedure themselves.
    It's possible to not like something being available, but if you don't believe that the state should prevent it from taking place, then you implicitly support its availability no matter how distasteful you may find it.

no, you don't. this is untrue and doesn't stand up. your argument completely fails i'm afraid.

no, you don't. this is untrue and doesn't stand up. your argument completely fails i'm afraid.

Because you say so? EOTR has spoken.

You might be right, but we barely hear anything anymore from pro life groups about the Protection of Life During Pregnancy Act. For all the protests and flyers they had going at the time, they're remarkably quiet now about legislation that they said allowed "abortion up to birth".

This could be the basis of a Waterford Whispers-style article.

Things The Catholic Right Said Were Going To Destroy Society And Morals But Nothing Happened And Now Nobody Gives A Damn

Marriage equality
    POLDPA
    Morning after pill
    Divorce
    Legalising homosexuality
    Contraception
    Equal pay
    Married women in jobs

...etc...

For extra hypocrisy points - a few years back they were protesting against the morning after pill because "it was abortion".
    Now they're saying "we don't need abortion because we have the morning after pill"

The catholic conservative momement is really just a massive effort to troll all of society - if only broadcasters and the media would treat them as such and call them out on their hypocrisy and constant spouting of nonsense.

It's also worth noting that 'family solidarity', 'christian party' etc. types when going for election, do well to get a couple of hundred votes. They're a bit like the Germans in Italy in 1944-45, knowing the war is lost and most people detest them, but fighting fierce rearguard battles all the way and not giving a damn about the harm their campaigns cause.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Imposing travel on irish citizens for a medical procedure is hypocritical and redolent of the worst narrow minded excesses of irish society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Odhinn wrote: »
    Imposing travel on irish citizens

He's hardly encouraging anyone to do so, let alone forcing them.
    for a medical procedure

This is somewhere between euphemism and deception - quite the specious argument. The 'medical procedure' ie being torn apart is actually for the baby.

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    Imposing travel on irish citizens for a medical procedure is hypocritical and redolent of the worst narrow minded excesses of irish society.

agreed. however this isn't what is happening here. what is happening here is the state is insuring that bar extreme circumstances, the unborn cannot be killed within it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement