Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryobi (RBC26SESB) Strimmer starting problem

Options
  • 22-04-2017 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Bought only last year. Used only a few times.
    Today it worked well for a while but started to cut out.
    I refilled with normal petrol/20:1 added and it has not fired again.

Any suggestions as to what I need to do.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭fox0512

It shouldn't need a carb rebuild kit at a year old... Check for spark, any damage to fuel lines in tank and outside....it may be your carb needs a tune... There are 2 turn screws on the carb... L for low end adjust and H for high end... If u have a machine thats bogging diwn when u hit throttle this is the low end adjustment where you would turn screw a half turn or so anti clockwise...if your machine was screaming on full throttle its running a tad lean so u would again adjust H screw anti clockwise to allow more fuel..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I've heard dreadful things about this brand, uncle bought petrol hedge trimmer from them, lasted few hours of use when crank popped

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭fox0512

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I've heard dreadful things about this brand, uncle bought petrol hedge trimmer from them, lasted few hours of use when crank popped

Older stuff was better... Have a royobi chainsaw here with a day or two days work on it with bad crank seals

• Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

fox0512 wrote: »
    Older stuff was better... Have a royobi chainsaw here with a day or two days work on it with bad crank seals

yea was told their older stuff is much better then they shifted operations to china

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Gave mine to mechanic friend ,same issue.
    He found crank which was PLASTIC was  broken.
    Ran one up on lathe from steel. Still running 2 yrs later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Crappy power tools will break your heart. They're a false economy.

Advertisement