Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Spurs- FA Cup Semi Final

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jayop wrote: »
    Regardless of him diving which he did it was still the correct decision.

Can't say i agree with that. If he dived (which it really looks like he did), it should not be given.

Still stupid from Son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Cool as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

That must be red! He's well outside the box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Looked like Moses was going down before he even got near Son. Such a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lloris is very lucky

Handled outside there. Lucky from Lloris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

That should have been a free kick for Chelsea , not sure what the keeper was at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lol Lorris having a mare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jaysus that was messy by Lloris

• Handball outside box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That was unreal, son the weakest piece of the puzzle so far and then hands them a peno.....

Terrible management by Poch.

Son hasn't been in the game and doesn't have any defensive sense. That can always manifest itself in that sort of stupid tackle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Lloris lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Ah jesus lads that was never a peno. Hate that bull**** side of the game, the way simulation is just part of the game now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It was such a bad decision by Son he missed both player and ball. Moses made sure of it though.

Pedro out muscling Dembele :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

That's naughty from Lloris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Lloris having a mare today. At fault for the first goal, and got away with handling outside the area then.

Kiith wrote: »
    Can't say i agree with that. If he dived (which it really looks like he did), it should not be given.

Still stupid from Son.

The challenge was a foul for me regardless of contact as he was forcing Moses to lose the ball without himself touching it. The intent for want of a better word was enough.

• Advertisement

That incident just sums up why football is so backwards. A video ref could have said that was a handball by Lloris almost instantaneously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

SlickRic wrote: »
    Terrible management by Poch.

Son hasn't been in the game and doesn't have any defensive sense. That can always manifest itself in that sort of stupid tackle.

Yeah I know he's in form but sub needs to be made here at HT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Stupid card for Alonso

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Am I the only one who thinks that because the whole of the ball wasn't over the line, it was still technically inside the box?
    Probably.

Kante has a load of fouls again and no yellow, same as last weekend. Strange

adox wrote: »
    You just can't help yourself and are doing your best to derail the thread into semantics with your "stamp" bs and now this.

6 posters picked up onna throwaway word while I was making a totally different point. Strange thing to do for a group of people who support neither club who only want to talk about football...

• Advertisement

Great first half of football.

Sucker punch peno just before half time. Something for Chelsea to hang on to. Looks like we'all need it.

Am I the only one who thinks that because the whole of the ball wasn't over the line, it was still technically inside the box?
    Probably.

It was

http://imgur.com/mBYnZBj

Anyway, that's an excellent half. Chelsea look very dangerous on the counter down their right, Batman holding it up quite well too, Chelsea's first pass in transition has been very sharp today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Great game so far. Unbelievable header by Kane.

• Advertisement

Probably.

His hand was definitely outside the box, and the ball wasn't touching the line. Free to Chelsea

William is just too good not to start every week.

I think we slightly deserve to be in the lead.

Great first half though.

Therell be more goals in this second half.

Really enjoying this game

Poch trying to be too clever with his lineup, set up nicely for second half.

I'd say Spurs edged it, but it's very close. Don't agree with the penalty call, but Lloris got off a few mins later for that hand ball. Still lots to play for, but Spurs need to come flying out in the 2nd half.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Poch trying to be too clever with his lineup, set up nicely for second half.

I wonder if it's to do with how influential Moses was on the game when the 2 sides met at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season. Possibly trying to pin him back by playing Son very high and the threat he possesses going forward. Chelsea have taken advantage though going the other way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

And sum that up in one word...

I call it a landing...just so happens someone's foot was between Ali's foot and the grass!!

6 posters picked up onna throwaway word while I was making a totally different point. Strange thing to do for a group of people who support neither club who only want to talk about football...

Ok last word on this from me as I know you will keep this going and derail the thread.

It wasn't a throw away comment from you. You said it was a stamp.
    You are intentionally trying to mis lead people on what you meant.

If you were honest enough you would hold your hands up and say it was a poor choice of words for the point you were allegedly trying to make.

But your further comment about teaching posters about English as well as football, plus your posting history tells me more than enough to know you won't and got the reactions you were looking for.

Such a shame when people really are trying to discuss the football.

I dont think theres anything in the Alli/Luiz incident.

He didnt look down at all. Nothing incidnet and Luiz is ok.

• Advertisement

Is Conte resting a few players, missed the build up.

frag420 wrote: »
    I call it a landing...just so happens someone's foot was between Ali's foot and the grass!!

Ok. Last post on this cos it's stupid.i didn't say it was intentional. My comment was to make a point about commentary, not Alli. By the very definition of the word "stamp", which I've even posted for the benefit of everyone, it's a correct verb to use to describe the action. My Andersonisgod followers want to make something of nothing, they can't help it sometimes. So, mountain out of not even a molehill, let's try to leave it behind us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Missed the first half but just seen the penalty call. Dive from Moses but if he hadn't gone down early he would've been cleared out of it by Son anyway, really foolish challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I wonder if it's to do with how influential Moses was on the game when the 2 sides met at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season. Possibly trying to pin him back by playing Son very high and the threat he possesses going forward. Chelsea have taken advantage though going the other way.

Think you are spot on there.

Wonder if Pooch cahnge it second half?

:pac: COYS

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont think theres anything in the Alli/Luiz incident.

He didnt look down at all. Nothing incidnet and Luiz is ok.

I think if you were expecting to land on the ground, and your foot ended up being on someone's leg, you'd be pretty surprised and react accordingly. He didn't do it deliberately, but he wasn't trying to avoid it happening, if you know what i mean.

Trouble is Alli's reputation precedes him. If he meant it he disguised it very well.

adox wrote: »
    Ok last word on this from me as I know you will keep this going and derail the thread.

It wasn't a throw away comment from you. You said it was a stamp.
    You are intentionally trying to mis lead people on what you meant.

If you were honest enough you would hold your hands up and say it was a poor choice of words for the point you were allegedly trying to make.

But your further comment about teaching posters about English as well as football, plus your posting history tells me more than enough to know you won't and got the reactions you were looking for.

Such a shame when people really are trying to discuss the football.

Then stop posting about it! Literally couldn't be easier. Obvious what I meant.

Think you are spot on there.

Wonder if Pooch cahnge it second half?

:pac: COYS

Davies has been in really good form, though with Spurs now chasing the game actually makes more sense now than from the start to play with Son out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Chelsea's two goals caused by two bad tackels by Spurs defending.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

Then stop posting about it! Literally couldn't be easier. Obvious what I meant.

It wasn't obvious. It was a stupid choice of words obviously chosen for a reaction.

Advertisement