Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Spurs- FA Cup Semi Final

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He would have played for Boro and/or Fulham in their Europa League runs, surely.

Neither Boro or Fulham won the premiership. My point is that everyone, commentators pundits and posters, think that the first player that could possibly win back to back titles with two different clubs is Kante, when it was actually Schwarzer who's already done it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

duploelabs wrote: »
    Neither Boro or Fulham won the premiership. My point is that everyone, commentators pundits and posters, think that the first player that could possibly win back to back titles with two different clubs is Kante, when it was actually Schwarzer who's already done it

He didn't play a game for Leicester when they won the league so he doesn't have a league winner's medal for it. Does he have any premier league winning medals as I don't think he played enough league games for Chelsea either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

This is the post I was quoting.
    ...so therefore he's the first, not Kanye/Kante, that's won back to back epl titles with two different clubs without playing any European football.
    He played in the UEFA Cup final for Boro in 2006.

He played in the Europa League final for Fulham in 2010.

He played in the Champions League for Chelsea in 2013.

Therefore, he's not the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

duploelabs wrote: »

It is pretty common knowledge that Schwarzer was the first to do it or am I missing something!

It was well publicised?? People talk more about Kante because he actually contributed so much

Ah, ok. I think people are getting over pedantic and making the point that "not playing European club football in any form throughout their career, not actually specifically in the 2 seasons that they won the league!!"

Jesus! Not exactly an astounding stat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

I've said it before, but whether out of frustration, arrogance, fear of the inevitable loss of players such as Kane ( :D ) or mere lacking a sense of humour or even an inferiority complex ( joke... :D ), Spurs fans can't seem to take any criticism or slagging the last 2 seasons.

They seem to think everyone is out to get them and even though they get lots of deserved praise, like all teams, they deserve criticism. I know all fans have an instinct to feel they have to defend their team from criticism, some reasonable, others not, a lot of Spurs fans need to realise that they did bottle it last year. This year is different, they haven't ever gone on a bad run. What has cost them is that run in October of 4 or 5 draws.

Other than that, apart from a couple of defeats that were hardly embarrasing given the opposition, they have been consistent. They just have unfortunately came up against an excellent Chelsea team.

They are not bottling this season by any means, the opposite in fact. They are fighting a battle to catch Chelsea that seemed an inevitable loss a few weeks back and have put themselves in a situation where there is, although probably unlikely, a good chance of them catching their rivals.

Arsenal and United coming up now, both of whom will be desperate to win themselves so it is a good opportunity to evaluate their mentality when the finishing line is in sight.

Even today, they were very unlucky and itwas a typical cup game.

Saying that I stand by my point that certain Spurs fans need to get a dose of reality that people who give them any sort of criticism aren't necessarily merely out to insult the team.

Ohm, and I was clearly joking about the inferiority complex remark,,,,,,,kind of ! :D

Spurs didn't really bottle it last season aside from maybe Arsenal at home where they drew and West Ham away.

The last 3 games they were unprofessional but never really close enough to Leicester to bottle it.

However, I thought Spurs bottled it a bit yesterday. They don't give many goals away and yesterday they conceded 4. The first three were a result of individual errors (Alderweireld, Lloris, Son, no one picking up on the edge of the box) that they just haven't been making in 2 seasons pretty much. Bit coincidental that all of them came in a game like this where the margin for error is so small.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

SlickRic wrote: »
    You talk nonsense from a pedestal. That's what you do.

And there's no point explaining again. It's clear to everyone but you. And you'll ignore or deflect anyway. Another thing you do.

I'll leave you to prepare for El Clasico.

I like to think of it less as a pedestal and more of a pulpit.

I like to talk and debate about football, I'm not sure the same could be said for you judging by your responses.

I've been ready for this game my entire life.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Spurs didn't really bottle it last season aside from maybe Arsenal at home where they drew and West Ham away.

The last 3 games they were unprofessional but never really close enough to Leicester to bottle it.

However, I thought Spurs bottled it a bit yesterday. They don't give many goals away and yesterday they conceded 4. The first three were a result of individual errors (Alderweireld, Lloris, Son, no one picking up on the edge of the box) that they just haven't been making in 2 seasons pretty much. Bit coincidental that all of them came in a game like this where the margin for error is so small.

Guess so. Looking at the results, like last season, the first half of the season has cost them again (more than likely)

6 wins in their first 16 games last season is shocking form for a team that then went on to challenge for the title for a while! Shows you how bizarre the season was all round that a team got away with that form.

The last few games can be discounted after they were mathematically ruled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I like to think of it less as a pedestal and more of a pulpit.

I like to talk and debate about football, I'm not sure the same could be said for you judging by your responses.

I've been ready for this game my entire life.

Oh poor you, nobody is talking to you? How sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Oh poor you, nobody is talking to you? How sad.

You are....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Deise Vu wrote: »
    What are you a moderator in as a matter of interest? Welcome to the football forum anyway. Spurs are the team that has **** the bed to the extent that Chelsea's unassailable 10 point lead has decreased to 4 points in the last five weeks.

If you need any technical explanations such as the offside rule or anything just pm me.

Spurs are very much like the Waterford hurling team. Look good for a while but then bottle it when it matters.

Advertisement