Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Carded in AH

Options
  • 22-04-2017 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

I wish to dispute a red card given by a moderator ( Peregrine) in AH in regards to the thread about Nuns and the new hospital.

Firstly I think it is a complete overreaction by this mod, tried to deal with mod but he got drunk and forgot about it. Said he wont be changing his mind by PM and to come here.

I am unsure how to forward messages for this thread while mobile?

Regards,

Valeyard.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'll have a look for you. Can you post the messages here if you're unable to forward them. I'll ask the mod to do the same

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'll have a look for you. Can you post the messages here if you're unable to forward them. I'll ask the mod to do the same

Thanks

will do cheers. May appear bit messy. But will copy and paste it.

Message one

Dear The_Valeyard,

You have been infracted for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

Peregrine

Moderator Note

post103251677

You don't get to abuse users whose opinions differ from yours. Cut it or don't post.

Your post:Quote: The_Valeyard
    Quote: ChikiChiki
    Well deserved in fairness. They don't get half enough of the level of criticism they truly deserve.

Ah f*ck off with your bigotry posting.

Sick of anti Catholic threads in AH.

Anything to do with RCC, the SAME posters, the same posts, the same rants.

message two

Moderator Note

post103251677

You always come into these threads to give out about people who disagree with you. This time, you went as far as abusing them for having opinions that differ from yours. Cut it out or don't post.

Quote: The_Valeyard
    Four infractions or repost?
    Either way I will appeal this as I feel it is unfair.

The site got stuck. The other three have been removed.

It's a clear breach of charter. You don't get to abuse people. Just because people have different opinions to you doesn't make it fair game for you to insult them.

• Advertisement

I'm the one getting abused because I'm a Catholic. Religious hatred against Catholics is rife amongst users here.

I also find the timing if this suspicious after I just reported a mods post

I attacked the post and not the poster. I was very sure about that

You were not getting abused. People criticising an institution does not equal you getting abused. You telling them to **** off with their bigotry is you abusing them.

As for your grand conspiracy: would it be this mod's post? That was also infracted. It's not showing up due to the earlier glitch. Same as yours.

So, since you have not responded to me and are unwilling to reverse the red card, should I take this to dispute resolution?
    Sorry, I was drunk when I read your last message and couldn't make head not tail of it at the time and then forgot about it :pac:

Well, I don't agree and I'm not reversing the card so, yes, you can go to dispute resolution.

Couple of my responses that didn't come through

Dud not attack the user, just the outrageous and vile hate speech post.

So, since you have not responded to me and are unwilling to reverse the red card, should I take this to dispute resolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'm going to save everybody time here & tell you that the infraction is upheld. You were blatantly uncivil to another poster. Instead of telling posters to "fnck off" when you disagree with their POV, try reasoned discussion.

Closed.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement