Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brother Printer DCPJ785 - PowerCity

Options
  • 22-04-2017 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I bought a Brother DCPJ785DW Multi function printer for 219.95 Euro in PowerCity in Fonthill, Clondalkin in August 2016.

All was fine and dandy until 25 March 2017 (the day when my eldest daughter was heading to the airport and needed to print her boarding pass) when the printer developed a "Cannot Detect Ink" fault. I followed the instructions on the Brother support site to no avail. Although the ink cartridges were not empty, I bought another set just in case for over 70 Euro but still no joy.

When I rang PowerCity they asked to bring the printer back, and I thought they were going to replace it but they sent it off for repair. They told me it would take about a week - I wasn't overjoyed but went along with it.

Fast forward to three weeks later, numerous frustrating phone calls to PowerCity, and a visit in person to PowerCity to look for a refund. PowerCity said there was nothing they could do and I had to wait.

Whatever happened to "If it's broke bring it back and we'll replace it.

Has anyone had a similar experience with Brother or PowerCity (Bovver and SourPity would be more like it)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I think you'll find after 8 months, its their option whether to refund/replace/repair. If you took it home and it didn't work on day 1 it might be a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AidanH111

I decided to contact both Brother and PowerCity via the contact forms on their websites. I got responses from both and in fairness Brother said that PowerCity had been chasing the issue.

I don't know whether it was a co-incidence or not, but two days later I got a text from PowerCity to say the repaired printer was ready to be picked up.

When I got the printer home I discovered it was NOT the printer I had left in - it had a different serial number and I had to reconfigure the Wifi etc. I don't really care as long as it does its job !

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

AidanH111 wrote: »
    I decided to contact both Brother and PowerCity via the contact forms on their websites. I got responses from both and in fairness Brother said that PowerCity had been chasing the issue.

I don't know whether it was a co-incidence or not, but two days later I got a text from PowerCity to say the repaired printer was ready to be picked up.

When I got the printer home I discovered it was NOT the printer I had left in - it had a different serial number and I had to reconfigure the Wifi etc. I don't really care as long as it does its job !

The Brother workshop in Dublin is useless and careless with printers. I sent a printer for repair some time ago, paid approx E90.00 but when the printer was returned the inside of the box was covered in black ink. Brother maintained it should be fine when cleaned up but that was not the case. It continued to leak ink and I eventually took it to a printer repair shop and was told that the stated repairs were not carried out in the first instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AidanH111

Maidhci wrote: »
    The Brother workshop in Dublin is useless and careless with printers. I sent a printer for repair some time ago, paid approx E90.00 but when the printer was returned the inside of the box was covered in black ink. Brother maintained it should be fine when cleaned up but that was not the case. It continued to leak ink and I eventually took it to a printer repair shop and was told that the stated repairs were not carried out in the first instance.

Customer care seems to be an outdated notion. Maybe Brother should have stuck to the sewing machine business.

Advertisement