Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc push notification

Options
  • 22-04-2017 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking to setup up a GSM SC for push notifications and the camera pir, I have the GSM SC set up but it only sends text message and the pir camera I can only get pictures when I go to live view and someone activates the pir, I can't seen to find what settings to change to allow me to get the push notifications and the 3 snap pictures, many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭judge30

eddie_ wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking to setup up a GSM SC for push notifications and the camera pir, I have the GSM SC set up but it only sends text message and the pir camera I can only get pictures when I go to live view and someone activates the pir, I can't seen to find what settings to change to allow me to get the push notifications and the 3 snap pictures, many thanks in advance

Do you have the engineer code?
    you need to change the image num in rf devices menu then rf camera option then to num images ,the snapshot can be set between 1-5

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

By default live images are set to off.
    Camera options, live/yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭eddie_

altor wrote: »
    By default live images are set to off.
    Camera options, live/yes.

HI thanks for reply, I have it set to yes and have snap shots set to 3 but when alarm is activated I don't receive and pictures and can't get the push notifications to my phone to alert me that it's activated but I do get the texts I have the engineer code. Thanks

the pir camera I can only get pictures when I go to live view and someone activates the pir,

Sorry i missed that

judge30 wrote: »
    Sorry i missed that

No problem

• Advertisement

HI thanks for reply, I have it set to yes and have snap shots set to 3 but when alarm is activated I don't receive and pictures and can't get the push notifications to my phone to alert me that it's activated but I do get the texts I have the engineer code. Thanks

In users is the user set to receive video?

In users is the user set to receive video?

No, I didn't see that option. I'll check that out many thanks, would you know how to set the push notifications as I'm not received any when alarm is activated but I get texts. Thanks

Does it send other alarm notifications,if you have eng access you need to go comms-communicators-GSM/GPRS Module and set nofifications to yes

No, I didn't see that option. I'll check that out many thanks, would you know how to set the push notifications as I'm not received any when alarm is activated but I get texts. Thanks

Have you access to the alarm on the app?

Have you access to the alarm on the app?

I have it set up in my parents and they have access to it on their apps, can it be done that way. Thanks

• Advertisement

I have it set up in my parents and they have access to it on their apps, can it be done that way. Thanks

If you have it set up on the app with live Camera options, live/yes/ user option/ video yes it should be working.
    Can they see the camera in the input list on the app?

its odd because noficacations are by default set to yes

If you have it set up on the app with live Camera options, live/yes/ user option/ video yes it should be working.
    Can they see the camera in the input list on the app?

I never set user option/ video yes I'll try that, they can see the camera in input list but no snap shots I'll get it changed and test it, many thanks for your help, can't seem to get the push notifications going and have it set up on phone to allow them. Thanks

its odd because noficacations are by default set to yes

That's what I thought but it doesn't happen and I've allowed it on the phone, maybe I missed a setting in the engineer menu.

I never set user option/ video yes I'll try that, they can see the camera in input list but no snap shots I'll get it changed and test it, many thanks for your help, can't seem to get the push notifications going and have it set up on phone to allow them. Thanks

When the alarm activates the 3 shots will be in the log.
    Not much to setting up the app really, ID/Password. Then use the user code.
    If cameras are added live needs to be set to yes.

That's what I thought but it doesn't happen and I've allowed it on the phone, maybe I missed a setting in the engineer menu.
    How long has the system has been installed,yeah id check it in comms if you have access

When the alarm activates the 3 shots will be in the log.
    Not much to setting up the app really, ID/Password. Then use the user code.
    If cameras are added live needs to be set to yes.

I have all that set up except I never set it in user option I'll give that a try. Thanks

How long has the system has been installed,yeah id check it in comms if you have access

Its only a few days installed. I'll check it in comms. Thanks

I have all that set up except I never set it in user option I'll give that a try. Thanks

It should be on by default.

It should be on by default.

I'll check it just to make sure I didn't turn it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Delete the app. Re-install it and when prompted accept yes to allow HKC to send you notifications.

Also check the settings in the app that you have notifications turned on

Failing that have you contacted a security company ? Those alarms aren't meant for DIY installation

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Delete the app. Re-install it and when prompted accept yes to allow HKC to send you notifications.

Also check the settings in the app that you have notifications turned on

Failing that have you contacted a security company ? Those alarms aren't meant for DIY installation
    I'll try to reinstall the app, many thanks

Advertisement