Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tickets for the crucible world champs final?

• 22-04-2017 9:28pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So my oh is a big snooker fan which I only discovered recently

As a birthday gift next year I'm considering a trip to Sheffield with tickets to a few games and hopefully the final
    Are they very hard to get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Posts #5 to #13 of the main main thread discuss it - they seem to go on sale fairly soon after the end of the previous years edition but are gettable.

By the way my gut instinct would be that going for a mix of sessions in Round 2 might be a better idea than the final.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Posts #5 to #13 of the main main thread discuss it - they seem to go on sale fairly soon after the end of the previous years edition but are gettable.

By the way my gut instinct would be that going for a mix of sessions in Round 2 might be a better idea than the final.

Thanks very much, really appreciate that, sorry for the delay :)

I think it would be one of those gifts that he would be absolutely gobsmacked to get and it's rare you come up with one of those

A few years ago he got to go to a music festival in Wacken in Germany for his birthday and he still talks about it, so I'm hoping this would be the same.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Stheno wrote: »
    Thanks very much, really appreciate that, sorry for the delay :)

I think it would be one of those gifts that he would be absolutely gobsmacked to get and it's rare you come up with one of those

A few years ago he got to go to a music festival in Wacken in Germany for his birthday and he still talks about it, so I'm hoping this would be the same.

Thanks again!

You're right, if he is a snooker fan, he'll be over the moon.

Don't worry about focusing on the final either. Any time is good. I was there this year and last for the second round. There's loads of players walking around the streets, BBC are broadcasting live all day. Big crowds and great buzz in general. It is a snooker fans dream trip!

Also don't worry about getting front row seats. It's a small theatre and the view from a bit further back is decent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Has anyone got a ballpark on how expensive tickets are?

Our tickets this year (second round) varied from ?28.00 to ?38.00 per ticket (dependent on seats)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SteM

Tickets for next years event will probably go on sale on the last day of this years tournament. That's the way it's been for the last couple of years iirc.

Price for final tickets this year according to See Tickets

Sunday 2pm session - £65.00
    Sunday 7pm session - £75.00

Monday 2pm session - £80
    Monday 7pm session - £80

http://www.seetickets.com/event/betfred-world-championship-snooker-2017-final/the-crucible-theatre-sheffield/981264
    http://www.seetickets.com/event/betfred-world-championship-snooker-2017-final/the-crucible-theatre-sheffield/981265

We've been over to the semis last year and one of the earlier rounds the year before. Preferred the one table set-up to be honest. We tried for final tickets this year but they went very quickly.

Email from the crucible today about upcoming ticket sales:
    Tickets for the World Snooker Championship 2018 go on sale at
    9.00am on Monday 1 May.

Due to high demand we will be operating an online queuing system.

If you would like to book online please make sure you know your login email and password.

As we anticipate high demand we advise checking your details ahead of Monday. Please follow the steps below.

Tickets for the World Snooker Championship will go on sale online at cruciblesnooker.com

If you booked online with us last year please log in to your account by clicking on the My Account button in the top right corner of the screen (it's the blue button in the shape of a person).

You can check your login details here or click 'Forgotten Password? Reset here' if you cannot remember your password. Then you will be emailed a new password link.

If you didn't book with us for the 2017 Championship but have in previous years please follow the same steps and click 'Forgotten Password'. You will then be able to set up an account on our new system.

If you’ve not booked online with us before, simply set up an account here before Monday 1 May.

Due to high demand we will be operating an online queuing system from 9am. The queue will activate when you click on a session. Once you are at the front of the queue you will be able to move between sessions without rejoining.
    Need help?

We're expecting a high volume of calls when tickets go on sale on Monday 1 May and would advise you to check your login details in advance of the day.

If you're struggling to register, or to log in to your account, you can call us on
    0844 6565 147.

What's the accommodation situation like during the tournament?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

It's great for the game to see so much interest in the tickets for the live event. Then again this is the blue ribbon event.

If a northern ireland open is held again this november may be an option to make the trip to belfast.

Gives you a taster. Get to support the Irish tournament. Easy enough to get tickets for final. Final was Hawkins vs Mark King last year turned out to be an entertaining match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

9am tomorrrow folks if you are looking to buy for next year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Peter File wrote: »
    9am tomorrrow folks if you are looking to buy for next year

I asked the little ****e this evening if he'd ever like to go over for the live event.(after watching hours of snooker this past week)

His answer "No I find it very relaxing watching it on the tv, no interest in attending the live event"

Best ever birthday present idea now vacated :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

How come the same people seem to get tickets to sit in the same seats every single year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

How come the same people seem to get tickets to sit in the same seats every single year?

They were able to buy season tickets until last year. This year the old Australian wasn't there for every session that I watched. A few others seem to have been there for every session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

I've been in the queue for the past hour looking for tickets for next year.
    Started off in 11,000th place.....down to 8,000 now.Might have them by June if i'm lucky!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Practically entirely sold out now, only a few seats left for random sessions and all in the back row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,095 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I've been in the queue for the past hour looking for tickets for next year.
    Started off in 11,000th place.....down to 8,000 now.Might have them by June if i'm lucky!!!

Bit idiotic to put them on sale yesterday whilst this years tournament is underway and people want to watch it instead of waiting in online queues trying to buy tickets.
    9am on a Bank Holiday Monday too.

Could they not have waited until today and announced it last night on BBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SteM

Bit idiotic to put them on sale yesterday whilst this years tournament is underway and people want to watch it instead of waiting in online queues trying to buy tickets.
    9am on a Bank Holiday Monday too.

Could they not have waited until today and announced it last night on BBC.

Same every year tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Managed to get a pair of tickets for the 3rd and 4th day of next years championships.
    30 sterling each.
    The only thing now is not knowing who i'll be watching,Might get a cracker like Ronnie v Brecel or a dud like Ryan Day v Ebdon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

All sold out now bar about 15 VIP seats.

Was lucky enough to pick up tickets to the second session of the final.

Too many empty seats on the days of though, which Steve Davis pointed out last night. They need to have a seating rule that of you're not there by ?pm your seat goes to someone queuing.

SteM wrote: »
    Same every year tbf.

It used to be on the Tuesday after the event ,they must have changed it in recent years.

Will more tickets be released between now and next April ,I'd like to go next year as I have a friend living in Manchester who I could stay with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It used to be on the Tuesday after the event ,they must have changed it in recent years.

Will more tickets be released between now and next April ,I'd like to go next year as I have a friend living in Manchester who I could stay with.

A few years ago I vaguely remember it being a few weeks before the tournament even began the previous year.

In my experience, tickets don't generally become available probably due to the fact that the theatre holds just under 1000 seats and the usual extra tickets that get released for music gigs for production or returned sponsors closer to the gig are generally allocated to boxes in snooker so all general seats end up sold.

They do of course have a partnership with Viagogo so expect some there in due course at ungodly prices.

A few years ago I vaguely remember it being a few weeks before the tournament even began the previous year.

In my experience, tickets don't generally become available probably due to the fact that the theatre holds just under 1000 seats and the usual extra tickets that get released for music gigs for production or returned sponsors closer to the gig are generally allocated to boxes in snooker so all general seats end up sold.

They do of course have a partnership with Viagogo so expect some there in due course at ungodly prices.

Ok Cool ,that's a pity.

I might keep an eye on the site every so often to see if any pop up but I will probably have to wait till 2019 now I'd say .
    Try and go to a few sessions ,and maybe get a match in at Old Trafford too while I'm over.

I saw that allright,I'd say Hearn would gladly sell all the tickets through them if he had his way.

Advertisement