Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eason's Bomb Scare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

gizmo81 wrote: »
    I don't remember a bomb scare like this (evacuation, sweeps) in the city centre in a long time.

Is this hoax just preying on the fears of people currently or is it something more sinister?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/armed-gardai-evacuate-easons-store-on-dublins-oconnell-street-after-bomb-scare-35645149.html

The article says it's a hoax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I read a "senior garda" quote saying they were sure it was just a hoax. But who knows! I had just arrived to get some stuff when the gardai were going in and shutters coming down. Gardai seemed fairly relaxed about it. The usual crowds left standing just outside so no real concern it seemed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

I understand it was a hoax but what I was speculating on was whether it was just some teenager getting a kick out of preying on people's fears in the current climate in Europe.

Or if the hoax was a test to assess our emergency services response?

I don't mean to be sensationalist or fear-monger but just curious as it seems out of the blue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

You'd want to be some sort of gobsh1te saddo to be phoning in fake bomb threats.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

You'd want to be some sort of gobsh1te saddo to be phoning in fake bomb threats.

must calls are just that , same situation for the rescue services

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I think Intel in Leixleip was closed down one morning because someone was late for their shift and phoned in one. Expensive.

Singer people have also fine it from being late for their flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Anyone grab anything and run out?

Advertisement