Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liege-Bastogne-Liege 2017 **Contains Spoilers**

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Valverde has form (both at cycling and at other practices)

He made mince meat of Contador in two stage races with steep climbs and now he makes Dan Martin & Kwaito look ordinary ...and neither are

A few years ago he was not this dominant and I think Dan Martin is stronger now than then and is super fit and motivated at 30 years of age

How in all the is holy does one get better after 35 against this opposition..... all years younger ...simple question and simple answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

He certainly looks crazy strong. I'm not gonna argue that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Twelve years ago I saw a stage of the Tour de France in the alps. The top 10 that day was a who's who of since disgraced dopers (apart from Cadel Evans). Valverde won that day. He's still able to beat everybody 12 years later. I'm sick of the sight of him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Raymzor

Well done Dan Martin.
    Sickening to watch the other guy cleaning up in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Valverde wasn't even trying, hardly out of breath after winning a monument. God it's sickening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

MPFGLB wrote: »

How in all the is holy does one get better after 35 against this opposition..... all years younger ...simple question and simple answer

Maybe he has the same trainer as roger fedderer or eating the same as him. He seems to be coming back to life nicely and he's about the same age

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

Irrespective of what age he is, that was farcical. Dans result is really impressive and I should be thrilled as a fan, but I am sickened.
    I am not stupid enough to believe the sport is clean, that type of nonsense has not been seen since LA riding away from Pantani or Ulrich
    I'm sailing fairy close to having the Mods come in to warn about speculation, but there's really not much to speculate about. Its obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Valverde is an out and out wheelsucker. His results show a very successful cyclist but time after time, year in year out, when the GTs roll around you see him sitting in and doing nothing for anyone other than himself. I was stunned that he helped Quintana last year.
    Today he did the same. Sat in, fresh as a daisy and then launched an attack on terrain that was made for him against a guy who went too early.

That's the other possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Raymzor

http://www.independent.ie/sport/columnists/paul-kimmage/paul-kimmage-who-should-we-cheer-the-guy-who-never-wavered-on-doping-or-the-guy-who-cant-make-up-his-mind-35645369.html

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Valverde is an out and out wheelsucker. His results show a very successful cyclist but time after time, year in year out, when the GTs roll around you see him sitting in and doing nothing for anyone other than himself. I was stunned that he helped Quintana last year.
    Today he did the same. Sat in, fresh as a daisy and then launched an attack on terrain that was made for him against a guy who went too early.

That's the other possibility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

07Lapierre wrote: »

'Or a bag-of-bones in the yellow jersey, driving his team in the mountains towards a number on a power meter that only he can sustain?

wonder who he's referring to? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

wonder who he's referring to? :pac:
    i've instructed my lawyers to contact his.

Advertisement