Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti social behaviour ,council houses

Options
  • 22-04-2017 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

I'm receiving a terrible time everyday stone and knocking and spitting on my windows ,it's only a matter of time before they break something,my daughter is scared to go outside and I hate coming home to the house,it's a nightmare.i rang the cops and they did a report..now I have cctv footage and pictures of the stones,will the council warn them or is it a waste of time going to them .id nearly hand the house back .i have no solution s it's just horrible .ige spent loads of the house but I don't care I'd leave now

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

I'm receiving a terrible time everyday stone and knocking and spitting on my windows ,it's only a matter of time before they break something,my daughter is scared to go outside and I hate coming home to the house,it's a nightmare.i rang the cops and they did a report..now I have cctv footage and pictures of the stones,will the council warn them or is it a waste of time going to them .id nearly hand the house back .i have no solution s it's just horrible .ige spent loads of the house but I don't care I'd leave now

Sorry to hear about this OP. Forget about the council they are completely useless when it comes to this sort of thing. <mod snip>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭alig123aileen

Every council has an anto social behaviour policy so contact your local county councillor. D ask for same . They will look at your CCTV and issue warnings if needed up to eviction. And you can report this to the council anonymously. We had the Same issue and 2 yrs later all solved. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

<deleted quote snipped>

Thanks,your prob right the way the world is now ,I just don't want the confrontation from the neighbours .i think I will speak to someone that knows someone .i can't believe it tho as soon as I moved in this happened .everyday it's happening I'm broken ,I used to be able to face the world now I'm in bits more so because of the kids been in fear .

Every council has an anto social behaviour policy so contact your local county councillor. D ask for same . They will look at your CCTV and issue warnings if needed up to eviction. And you can report this to the council anonymously. We had the Same issue and 2 yrs later all solved. Best of luck

Did they the council actually evict

<deleted quote snipped >

Thanks ,the tears I'm shedding over this after waiting years for a council house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KenjiOdo

This advice is probably a far cry from what you wanted to hear but..

If its hard to be rehoused with the local council, I believe there is a scheme to move to another EU country, they train you and give you language classes as well as some payments to set you up with move, it could be an option if all else fails!?

May seem drastic but when options are slim, and you & your family feel endangered?

P.S. I'll try look up the scheme and be back here (was still going last year when I researched it!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

I have been threatened and assaulted by a neighbour and their landlord, Gardai and RTB followed.

The Garda and RTB were an awful experience but don't become the criminal by threatening someone. Go all legal routes no matter how painful and drawn out it will be.
    Larry SR wrote: »
    In fairness, it is easy for someone not in this situation to give this advice.

Not sure what the answer is but hope things improve soon OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KenjiOdo

https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Experience-Your-Europe-EYE.aspx ---Open to jobseekers only by the looks of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Do report it to the council - they probably know about the scummers already and are just waiting for your complaint, and received similar complaints from the last tenant. (Why do you think they left!)

But also do look for local connections: people who you might be able to get to stand up for you, who the neighbours will respect. Sometimes city / county councillors can fulfill this role - some parties are more involved in this sort of neighbourhood dispute resolution than others.

KenjiOdo wrote: »
    This advice is probably a far cry from what you wanted to hear but..

If its hard to be rehoused with the local council, I believe there is a scheme to move to another EU country, they train you and give you language classes as well as some payments to set you up with move, it could be an option if all else fails!?

May seem drastic but when options are slim, and you & your family feel endangered?

P.S. I'll try look up the scheme and be back here (was still going last year when I researched it!)
    Thank you please get back to me

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭alig123aileen

Did they the council actually evict
    hi for data protection reasons they cannot divulge details but the families got at leAst two written wArnings and that worked very effectively we have not seen the families so maybe they were moved on though county council have to go through long process to get families out. Whatever they did it worked and u shd think about forming a Residents Association coz as a group you are stronger and it worked well for us. A terrible situation but keep up the pressure on the council

Advertisement