Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deep house radio ~104 fm-anyone else love it?

Options
  • 22-04-2017 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Dinner burnt this evening as we sat in car listening to it returning from the shop..Need to get a radio in the house to avoid similar incident happening again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

seefin wrote: »
    Dinner burnt this evening as we sat in car listening to it returning from the shop..Need to get a radio in the house to avoid similar incident happening again!

Or listen to it on the device you posted from...?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Yeah, it's great. It's streamed online at http://www.deephouse-radio.com/ so there's no excuse to burn the dinner again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

endacl wrote:
    Or listen to it on the device you posted from...?

Smartass !!!
    Serious note, thanks for that, both of ye, didn't know they streamed or even had a website. Confess it's giving me itchy feet though.. goddam, wish was 20 again- have convinced a friend to go to a few house nights in the past year but everyone there is about 18. Had a few comments about my shape throwing and know it was because they felt like they were seeing their mother on the dance floor and were thinking 'aw bless' -thank God for alcohol, else I'd have slunk off the dance floor in bits !
    Why can't I love country music, I'd be a youngster there

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I am 20 again. Plus VAT.

:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great too hear a Cork Djing legend like Ronan C back on the air, He still uses vinyl too which is great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If you miss any of his shows he uploads them here.

https://www.mixcloud.com/ronan-cuthbert/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Is Marc Hurley playing tunes any more? Loved his style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

It's class. Keep forgetting to stream outside of driving. Wish there was more gigs on in town with the same atmosphere those guys make up.

Lekrub wrote:
    It's class. Keep forgetting to stream outside of driving. Wish there was more gigs on in town with the same atmosphere those guys make up.

More gigs implies there are some now? Name them!!

Is Ronan back doing gigs now in town?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Excellent alright. Nice to have something different on the radio dial while driving.

seefin wrote: »
    More gigs implies there are some now? Name them!!

Ha that's true, and that's what I meant. I remember seeing some guy at EP years ago doing this trippy presentation on the Cork Techno scene through the years and how it peaked and then started going the opposite way.

And all this while Dublin has apparently became a 'hotspot' for techno.

https://thump.vice.com/en_us/article/how-dublin-became-a-hotspot-for-hard-hitting-techno

There's a few lads like Playhouse and vinyl below (I'm sure there's more) which can do a decent set for a reg pub session but far from a dark grimey venue where everyone is there for some quality music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

There was never a big techno scene in Cork. Imramma was about it. Arguably Marq Walsh in The Forum on Saturdays too (more often than not was pretty quiet). Cork is a house city.

gimmick wrote: »
    There was never a big techno scene in Cork. Imramma was about it. Arguably Marq Walsh in The Forum on Saturdays too (more often than not was pretty quiet). Cork is a house city.

I agree but the lads in synthetic records played techno and put on techno nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

It's a great station alright, I end up making my trips in the car a bit longer to enjoy the music.

Some of the t-shirts for sale on the site are class.
    Actually they're not great but do bring back fond memories of Henrys.

Anyone think a venue like henrys would work these days in Cork?
    I guess I'm to old now but damm do I miss the music, people, drugs and atmosphere of the place.

11214 wrote: »
    It's a great station alright, I end up making my trips in the car a bit longer to enjoy the music.

Some of the t-shirts for sale on the site are class.
    Actually they're not great but do bring back fond memories of Henrys.

Anyone think a venue like henrys would work these days in Cork?
    I guess I'm to old now but damm do I miss the music, people, drugs and atmosphere of the place.

Wasn't living around here at that time so never experienced it. Just seems mad that could go and nothing really replace it.

Is the scene completely dead now in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mrdhr

Glad you are all enjoying DHR
    Keep it locked :)
    Alan

We are 5 this weekend . Thanks all for tuning this way & happy paddys weekend - http://wwww.deephouse-radio.com- links to free apps on the website

Happy Birthday!
    Still listening online, although the FM was handy when driving around.
    Anyone go to fishgodeep in Leap?

• Advertisement

Thought that was cancelled?

Happy Birthday!
    Still listening online, although the FM was handy when driving around.

Cheers bud. These days I use the app in the car via aux input or bluetooth. Unfortunately the FM was unreliable . My understanding is that FGD gig was postponed :)

iTunes free download - https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1187888418

Google free download - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nobexinc.wls_4594698913.rc

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭J82

2Mad2BeMad wrote:
    My cousin got keys today to a new house she's renting. She viewed the house a few weeks ago and said she was interested but the place needed a lot of work done.

32(jzuxujjjjj*kkzkak♀▪♀▪
    *zk(@kdhhxjhhHh&&zjzz€xgHx
    zg
    bxbxxbxbbbx

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭J82

2Mad2BeMad wrote:
    My cousin got keys today to a new house she's renting. She viewed the house a few weeks ago and said she was interested but the place needed a lot of work done.

32(jzuxujjjjj*kkzkak♀▪♀▪
    *zk(@kdhhxjhhHh&&zjzz€xgHx
    zg
    bxbxxbxbbbx

Picked up DHR on FM today, around 104.7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

Picked up DHR on FM today, around 104.7

Great news if its back! Will listen out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

RINO87 wrote: »
    Great news if its back! Will listen out

I only pick it up sometimes.

Pity Ronan C isn't on there anymore.

Advertisement