Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Raleigh Row - directions?

Options
  • 22-04-2017 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, I'll be driving to 091 Labs in Galway next week. I know it's located on Raleigh Row and Google Maps isn't proving to be that helpful and I don't know that side of Galway at all. The landmarks on the map seem to be NUIG and Eyre Square so does anyone know how to get to it from those places? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'll be driving to 091 Labs in Galway next week. I know it's located on Raleigh Row and Google Maps isn't proving to be that helpful and I don't know that side of Galway at all. The landmarks on the map seem to be NUIG and Eyre Square so does anyone know how to get to it from those places? Thanks in advance!

Its not on the main road, its behind the crescent and to the side of st mary's rd.
    I found a good map on daft(usually good for property maps) showing Roxborough Court on Raleigh Row, if you can find that, you can see it from all angles. Hope it helps.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Bredabe wrote: »
    Its not on the main road, its behind the crescent and to the side of st mary's rd.
    I found a good map on daft(usually good for property maps) showing Roxborough Court on Raleigh Row, if you can find that, you can see it from all angles. Hope it helps.

Heading West, St Mary's College on your right, Raleigh Row is first on your left.

If you find yourself in Nile Lodge, you have missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Here's what I would do if driving from Eyre Square:

Go down Merchants rd, and across Wolfe Tone Bridge.

Follow the main road: you will go past the Fire station (on the left), Fr Griffin Park (on the right), Galway Technical Institute (on the left), and SuperValu (on the left).

Just after SuperValu, there are traffic lights. At them, turn right, into The Crescent.

Follow the main road to the next set of traffic lights. At them, turn right into (University Rd? The names doesn't matter, there are no signs :-) )

Then take the first right - it's a small road, called Palmyra Ave. And it turns into Raleigh Row after a bit. The whole road is one-way, so find yourself somewhere to park sooner rather than later. (I have no idea where exactly 091 labs is in the road.)

There are other ways to do it. That's just what I'd do if driving. Walking is easier :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

If you are at nuig continue along the Newcastle road towards salthilll - university hospital will be on your right. Keep going forward, the road becomes St Mary's Road. You'll see a vets on your left (and a big school, St Mary's School) on your right. Turn left immediately at the vets and that road is palmyra which turns into Raleigh row. Parking is on street so bring coins for the meters. I walk along the road every day and have never spotted 091 labs so I'd advise you to phone ahead to get idea what you are looking for. I'll be on that road again Monday so if I spot it I'll post back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Follow the main road: you will go past the Fire station (on the left), Fr Griffin Park (on the right), Galway Technical Institute (on the left), and SuperValu (on the left).

Just after SuperValu, there are traffic lights. At them, turn right, into The Crescent.

Follow the main road to the next set of traffic lights. At them, turn right into (University Rd? The names doesn't matter, there are no signs :-) )

Then take the first right - it's a small road, called Palmyra Ave. And it turns into Raleigh Row after a bit. The whole road is one-way, so find yourself somewhere to park sooner rather than later. (I have no idea where exactly 091 labs is in the road.)

There are other ways to do it. That's just what I'd do if driving. Walking is easier :-)

Thanks Mrs OBumble, if walking what would the best/shortest way to go? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Thanks Mrs OBumble, if walking what would the best/shortest way to go? :)

According to their map they are just behind the crane bar. Do you know where that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Pistachio

OP have you been in contact with 091Labs? I thought they were at a new location? Just check with them to confirm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Pistachio wrote: »
    OP have you been in contact with 091Labs? I thought they were at a new location? Just check with them to confirm.

I'm with you on this, thought they had a place in Mervue industrial estate, i'll try to check.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just talked to someone involved, they have an open day Thursday and are now based in the Insight Centre opposite the Westwood hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Just talked to someone involved, they have an open day Thursday and are now based in the Insight Centre opposite the Westwood hotel.

Why do they keep moving get.

And more so why do they keep it a secret?

• Advertisement

Why do they keep moving get.

And more so why do they keep it a secret?

Moved two years ago, having complications with google for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Dangan (IDA) Business Park:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=143ys0z_GQjmWXMJ6g52AX3I-nng&hl=en&ll=53.29087502650943%2C-9.074129999999968&z=17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Thanks guys, I was actually given this address by one of the people associated with 091 Labs
    https://www.google.ie/maps/place/091+Labs/@53.2700074,-9.0652896,16.28z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x485b96e6178b2f7b:0xafc22272112971f!8m2!3d53.2700756!4d-9.0618207

It seems to be just an office space and it doesn't actually seem to say '091 Labs' anywhere on the photo of it

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

I suggest going around by the docks to avoid any head on collisions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Walked the length of Raleigh row this morning and there is no obvious indication of the 091 labs. It could be in one of the houses with no sign on door though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Walked the length of Raleigh row this morning and there is no obvious indication of the 091 labs. It could be in one of the houses with no sign on door though.

It was opposite the Jes Primary, in the apartment block between the gates to the secondary school. The pin Lollipop95 posted is exactly where it was/is?

Advertisement