Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't I get fiber when I live in a fibre enabled area?

Options
  • 23-04-2017 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

My area went live for fiber on the 22nd of February 2017. We had KN/Diffusion working directly outside my home which went as far as an eir rep calling to my home and signing us up for the 150mbps fiber package. Then after 2-3 weeks we were contacted and the order was cancelled because "our eircode can't get it".

It is infuriating to find that my neighbors and surrounding homes in the area are all passing for fiber but my home and just my home is not passing. Latest technology requirements are really beginning to take its toll on my crap 5mbps speeds and better speeds will enable some family members to work from home.

Can someone please assist me?

We're currently not eir customers but are obviously willing to sign up for your fiber product as we did "sign up" at the drop of a hat when a rep did call to our home.

It is also concerning that my area will supposedly be bypassed when the government's NBP takes effect as the area is already completed by eir.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭yammagamma

hi, if the fiber cable is outside your house and kn/diffusion were working outside there might even be a splitter box on pole outside your house ,ie a black box about the size of a large shoe box ,there are pictures of them up here on the FTTH thread if not look up and down road at poles as there would be a splitter box every 4 or so houses,if so fiber is available or will be and get onto the rep that you signed up with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

John1993W wrote: »
    My area went live for fiber on the 22nd of February 2017. We had KN/Diffusion working directly outside my home which went as far as an eir rep calling to my home and signing us up for the 150mbps fiber package. Then after 2-3 weeks we were contacted and the order was cancelled because "our eircode can't get it".

It is infuriating to find that my neighbors and surrounding homes in the area are all passing for fiber but my home and just my home is not passing. Latest technology requirements are really beginning to take its toll on my crap 5mbps speeds and better speeds will enable some family members to work from home.

Can someone please assist me?

We're currently not eir customers but are obviously willing to sign up for your fiber product as we did "sign up" at the drop of a hat when a rep did call to our home.

It is also concerning that my area will supposedly be bypassed when the government's NBP takes effect as the area is already completed by eir.
    Hi John1993W,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your account number, full name and eircode and I will look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Same issue here….Eir keep canceling my order, neighbors working off the high speed fibre and i'm still trying to get ANYONE out to me.
    Sales rep who originally called to me didn't want to know when i called him to say order was cancelled the FIRST time! Excellent sales approach….NOT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

guideanna wrote: »
    Same issue here….Eir keep canceling my order, neighbors working off the high speed fibre and i'm still trying to get ANYONE out to me.
    Sales rep who originally called to me didn't want to know when i called him to say order was cancelled the FIRST time! Excellent sales approach….NOT!
    I do apologise for all of the inconvenience caused to you.

-Anna

Advertisement