Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

exercises for thickness

• 23-04-2017 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

What exercises would people recommend for the various body parts for thickness rather than width.

As in I have come to a stage where I don't really want to become any wider in the upperbody but instead want to just increase thickness in the muscle areas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

You're trying to make muscles look bigger from one angle but not to look bigger when viewed from the front?I'm not sure that's even possible. Weightlifting + food builds muscle. Genetics will take over from there IMHO.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I'm not sure I get the question.

Are individual muscles as wide as you want or are your shoulders as wide as you want.

Can you pick post pics to explain?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

According to my spam folder there's a pill for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I'm guessing it's front to back thickness.

In which case it would be exercises to target the traps and rhomboids, for example.

Rows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You're trying to make muscles look bigger from one angle but not to look bigger when viewed from the front?I'm not sure that's even possible. Weightlifting + food builds muscle. Genetics will take over from there IMHO.

Work the area you want to build, don't work the area you don't want to build. Pretty straight forward.
    mengele wrote: »
    What exercises would people recommend for the various body parts for thickness rather than width.
    A lot of the BB stuff like X for thickness and Y for width is nonsense were X and Y are largely similar variations. In general, width = lats, you aren't going make the lats specifically grower wider with one variation, and thicker with another. Focus on non-lat based exercises, like lower traps, rhomboids etc.
    Also muscles that act on the shoulder than are located on the back, like the infraspinatus. Rear delt could hurt either

• Advertisement
Advertisement