Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any advice?

• 23-04-2017 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

So I'm a 18 year old lad about to do his Leaving Cert, and tonight while getting the change I looked in the mirror and looked at my stomach and I really was not happy with what I saw. I'm not fat or I'm not overweight at all but I had a bit more of a belly than what I would want, so I'm pretty determined to get rid of that little bit of fat.

Does anyone have any advice on how to try and accomplish this while doing the Leaving? I plan on joining the gym as soon as I'm finished the leaving but for now I haven't got much options as the workload is quite high, so I wouldn't have time really.

Also any recommendations on food to eat? I'll be making a drastic change to my diet from tomorrow so if it means I have to force things down my throats even if I don't like it ill do it.

Thanks so much in advance for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    So I'm a 18 year old lad about to do his Leaving Cert, and tonight while getting the change I looked in the mirror and looked at my stomach and I really was not happy with what I saw. I'm not fat or I'm not overweight at all but I had a bit more of a belly than what I would want, so I'm pretty determined to get rid of that little bit of fat.

Does anyone have any advice on how to try and accomplish this while doing the Leaving? I plan on joining the gym as soon as I'm finished the leaving but for now I haven't got much options as the workload is quite high, so I wouldn't have time really.

Also any recommendations on food to eat? I'll be making a drastic change to my diet from tomorrow so if it means I have to force things down my throats even if I don't like it ill do it.

Thanks so much in advance for any advice!

Try posting I the fitness forum. This is fitness logs.
    Don't make drastic changes, make small ones
    Don't force yourself to eat things you hate
    Lower your calorie intake until you are in a calorie deficit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭freemenfitness

What was said above food will make a big difference also look up some calisthenics you could give this routine a shot https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

I understand the leaving cert your not going to have much time to do a lot so bodyweight for even 30mins every second day could be a good option and won't cost a penny. I got heavily into bodyweight fitness in college for that reason it needs very little if any kit and can be done anywhere. It also really helped me to deal with stress with exams etc.

Either just try to be consistent and take the first steps best of luck with it and the exams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You're skinny-fat. I am going to guess that over all you don't have a big appetite but you also don't eat particularly well. You are very inactive.

You should get into a proper weights routine. Build some muscle. Get more veg and protein into your diet. Get more active over all. Get a bike; do some running.

You have time, don't kid yourself. You can do thirty minutes of weights on the way home. No one spends literally all of their time studying/working/whatever. You don't need a whole afternoon set aside for it. Squeezing in even a little bit would make a difference. After your Leaving you'll have college and exams, and after that you'll have a job which will be very time consuming. Eventually you'll be a fat middle aged person using the same excuses.

Whatever changes you make need to be sustainable for the rest of your life. Don't force yourself to eat foods you don't enjoy (though bear in mind there is a difference between foods you don't like and foods you just haven't given a proper try of yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Thanks for all the replies! They have all been really helpful and I'll definitely take the advice from all them!

Advertisement