Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldbridge Station -Train

Options
  • 23-04-2017 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there

We are looking to buy a house in Oldbridge Station Naas & wondering about the train noise levels & vibrations ... as the house would be very close to the train line

Thanks ��

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Thread Moved from MMA Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I live in there, no issue at all

I heard the trains at the start but you quickly ignore it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Melcm87

@Tom Cruises Many thanks for the reply... another stupid Q... I researched this and didn't think an issue with the modern trains... does the house vibrate with trains going by? thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Melcm87 wrote: »
    @Tom Cruises Many thanks for the reply... another stupid Q... I researched this and didn't think an issue with the modern trains... does the house vibrate with trains going by? thanks again

I wouldn't have thought so

Whereabouts is the new house ?

I am a bit further back from the train than where they are building now

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Living here 3 years and heard it for a week when I moved in and haven't heard it since! At times you forget you're beside the line !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Melcm87

Thanks both we're gonna be we're the new build currently - we live beside busy Road now too also is it possible to convert in the attic of 3 beds ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

We live there at the moment - we are about 5-6 houses from the tracks. Didn't hear the train after a week. Hear the horn the odd time when they sound it but doesn't bother us.

Advertisement