Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Assessment

Options
  • 23-04-2017 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

My friend asked me to post for her
    She had a meeting Friday evening with her direct manager. Who asked her would she like to have a medical assessment done In a private hospital as the directors were worried about her health. She agreed and now is worried they trying to get rid of her she said her manager said all directors have this medical bi annually.

Background this year she been pushed to ground at a dart station hurting her knee and off for a week.
    Then a car drive in her car a month ago and she was quite shaken up and sore so took four days off.
    Then last week she got the vomiting bug abs was off for three days.
    What do posters think are they trying to get rid of her? She is at management level but not a director and has fine appraisals always something to imprive on in relation to managing her team.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

My friend asked me to post for her
    She had a meeting Friday evening with her direct manager. Who asked her would she like to have a medical assessment done In a private hospital as the directors were worried about her health. She agreed and now is worried they trying to get rid of her she said her manager said all directors have this medical bi annually.

Background this year she been pushed to ground at a dart station hurting her knee and off for a week.
    Then a car drive in her car a month ago and she was quite shaken up and sore so took four days off.
    Then last week she got the vomiting bug abs was off for three days.
    What do posters think are they trying to get rid of her? She is at management level but not a director and has fine appraisals always something to imprive on in relation to managing her team.

It's very hard to tell what is going on with a case like this, even if we had all of the details. Each company will have specific policies and procedures on sick leave, etc. and both they and the employees have to follow it. She should make sure she is familiar with the process. If she is in a union they may be able to advise her.

Advertisement