Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Assessment

Options
  • 23-04-2017 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

My friend asked me to post for her
    She had a meeting Friday evening with her direct manager. Who asked her would she like to have a medical assessment done In a private hospital as the directors were worried about her health. She agreed and now is worried they trying to get rid of her she said her manager said all directors have this medical bi annually.

Background this year she been pushed to ground at a dart station hurting her knee and off for a week.
    Then a car drive in her car a month ago and she was quite shaken up and sore so took four days off.
    Then last week she got the vomiting bug abs was off for three days.
    What do posters think are they trying to get rid of her? She is at management level but not a director and has fine appraisals always something to imprive on in relation to managing her team.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Maybe they're actually trying to look after her. She sounds like a good employee. They could be grooming her for greater things.

That's not excessive sick leave for 2 unfortunate accidents and a tummy bug. These things happen. I wouldn't be worrying here.

Even if the medical assessment said she was banjaxed they can't fire her over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

How long has she been working there?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Annabananna

Suzyq wrote: »
    How long has she been working there?

She been there 16 years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

16yrs, then I think this is the company looking after her. It's in their interest to have good employees healthy and so medicals can preempt future heath issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Annabananna

Senna wrote: »
    16yrs, then I think this is the company looking after her. It's in their interest to have good employees healthy and so medicals can preempt future heath issues.

Thanks that what I told her she just worried sick about it. I told her if they were questioning her cert for vomiting bug they have sent her to a company doctor not a private hospital for €600 worth of tests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Thanks that what I told her she just worried sick about it. I told her if they were questioning her cert for vomiting bug they have sent her to a company doctor not a private hospital for €600 worth of tests

Yes and tell her it is because of the bug, but I'm a good way. The time she took off, her absence was felt by the higher ups and it might have had a negative effect on day to day activities.
    No company sends a member of staff they want rid of to a private hospital.

Advertisement