Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night saver meter

Options
  • 23-04-2017 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

We have a night saver meter and clock but have never used any units as there are no equipment on it. How much to get it removed we are in newcastle west limerick. Trevor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Customers may have either a Night Saver meter (which measures both day and night) or a 24 hour meter with a Night Storage Heater meter.

In both cases, there is a charge of 194.09 euro to change the tariff that the property is on to 24-hour electricity only.

We recommend calling our colleagues on 1850 372 372 to arrange an appointment. The phone-line is open from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday (excluding bank holidays).

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Hi[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]We recently been having problems with our night saver timer - up until last week things have been running fine.  On Thursday last, a fuse in the fuse box blew disabling all the sockets in the apartment.  We sorted this ourselves but flipping the fuse switch and continued on.  The same thing happened the following night and this time we figured it was our immersion causing the blow out.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Our immersion is on the night saver clock and at about 2-3 am, the timer turns on the immersion - this is when the fuse blew.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]History is, back in May '18 the pump for our immersion was replaced and our LL said (when we contacted him regarding the fuses) that specific measures were taken to prevent the fuses blowing?  When I asked what they were our LL couldn't remember.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]We are still waiting for the plumber who replaced the pump to call in to sort - 3 days later (including the long weekend -that would be 5 days) without hot water in the morning.  [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]If we want to have a shower – we have to manual turn on the immersion for 30 – 40 minutes and make sure that there is very little else switched on.  It is going to cost us a fortunate and as it is we received a [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif]ferocious[/font]ly high bill when the new pump was fitted – we really cannot afford to get another one!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can anyone please advise what we have to do next?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Dublintigger.[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Dublintigger,

Sorry to read it.

Just to clarify: is the immersion timed to switch on at that time, or is the time-switch displaying the incorrect time?

Thanks,
    Una

Hi Dublintigger,

Sorry to read it.

Just to clarify: is the immersion timed to switch on at that time, or is the time-switch displaying the incorrect time?

Thanks,
    Una
    Hi Una

We didnt set it and have always left it well alone - and we've been living here for 10 years.

It comes on at that time so I guess who ever was living here before set it.

Thanks.
    Dublintigger

Hi Dublintigger,

Thank you for confirming.

If there is a fault with the time-switch, we can send a request to ESB Networks on behalf of the Electric Ireland customer, to have this repaired.

Otherwise however, the query is for an electrician. This website contains a list of electrical contractors.

Best regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Hi Dublintigger,

Thank you for confirming.

If there is a fault with the time-switch, we can send a request to ESB Networks on behalf of the Electric Ireland customer, to have this repaired.

Otherwise however, the query is for an electrician. This website contains a list of electrical contractors.

Best regards,
    Una
    Hi Una

Thank you for coming back to me - I'm an airtricity customer, so will that make a difference?

If not, can you please send me cost details so that I can let my LL know.

Thank you.

Dublintigger

Hi Dublintigger,

We are happy to advise.

Correction of a time-switch fault would have to be organised through your billing company.

However, it is not clear that there is a time-switch fault - if the time is displaying correctly, the matter is not related to the time-switch and can just be looked after by an electrical contractor.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement