Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Products and services you use from dragons den

• 23-04-2017 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I hardly ever watch a full show but from adverts and watching parts of it every now and again I've a general Idea how it goes and who the so called dragons are and were. They're always on t.v, radio or running for president letting on they know more than they know.
    If they're so mighty, where is all stuff they said would make it with their guidance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Just had a dollop of regae regae sauce on my brekkie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare

CeilingFly wrote: »

Haha, was coming on to post the same thing. It is the only product I know from the show that I use. Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

We have a couple of Trunkies, of course they did turn those down...

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

MrPudding wrote: »
    We have a couple of Trunkies, of course they did turn those down...

MrP

20% of UK children under 10 have one of them - probably the biggest miss.

Overall DD is an entertainment show and it also shows how difficult it is to create a viable business even with a good idea as many of the investments fail.

It also shows why early stage investors want a large chunk of equity as the few successes have to fund the failures.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Mirror game

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Never heard of the sauce so I just looked it up and it seems like it's a big thing. But I'm talking about the Irish version, because it seems like if you get on the show as a dragon you can spend the rest of your days on rte taking ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I had a packet of Surf Seeds once. They're some kind of seeds (sesame I think) with the odd seed coated in chocolate. The only thing I know about the Irish Dragons Den is that these seeds got their start on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

I use those Obeo boxes for food waste, super handy

https://weareobeo.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

I had some of the biltong beef jerky the other day.

I took one for the team sampling that shìt, I can tell ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

They are all very successful entrepreneurs tbf, but they are well aware this is an entertainment show.

I would even guess the amount they invest is around the same that they get paid for the show , or less.

It's a marketing game for everyone really, including the hopeful business owners, even the ones that get rejected or probably turn down offers with no intention of taking an investment.

Unfortunately the real money is in things that would be boring to watch or harder to understand. Probably more business to business ideas.

I can't see many people tuning into a pitch... "we provide outsourcing for companies forward logistics management and track the data/serial numbers so as to handle stock control and analysis charging 4.3 million a year" .

Saydeys bakers is much more fun!

I do buy reggae reggae sauce , and in fairness it's really really nice!!! I had to hold back from using too much as my bbqs were turning into reggae reggae sauce sessions.

I don't think I've bought anything else from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Have a couple of Frame Again frames, again the UK one and they also turned it down. Very good quality, nice customer service, and very easy to design and add your photos.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

I became a builder in the boom with the bricky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Obeo food waste boxes. Aurora hair band thing for curling your hair overnight.
    Bperfect eyebrow powder. Boutique bakes cake mixes.

Probably some more I can't remember. I love seeing something and then trying it. I had the obeos before I saw them on the TV though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I had a packet of Surf Seeds once. They're some kind of seeds (sesame I think) with the odd seed coated in chocolate. The only thing I know about the Irish Dragons Den is that these seeds got their start on it.

Whatever happened to those? They were tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I think it was on the UK one, it was a plastic cover for your clothes washing line when it rained. We have one of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'd be lost without my Tangle Teezer, but they turned that down.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Use Obeos all the time, although I will admit we were using them a good while before they were on Dragons Den as I know someone who did a bit of work for them for a while and I discovered them through that person. They're really handy and we now use our brown bin an awful lot more than we did before we started using them.

Advertisement