Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Indo Opinion on housing situation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

I remember before the crash we started to build houses like there was no tomorrow.
    Then the crash and we didnt build anymore.
    We had far too many for a while and now too few.
    It needs a steady number built every year, not a huge number then none.
    Build the same amount every year boom or bust.
    Instead they are now going to overdo it ... again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Well dress me up and call me Sally, I suppose a broken clock is right twice a day - the Indo has got it right for a change.

The state should be building social housing with salaried builders and trades people. Now it would be madness to concentrate them in one area but they should be in there with developers in private sites where social units are going showing them how it's done frankly.

Infrastructure is also a massive issue. Large companies want to come here because of the ridiculously low tax rates and are struggling to do so - well happy days get them to fund infrastructure. LUAS expansion sponsored by Apple, iPod Plaza next stop. We can't name anything imaginatively in this country anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Isn't the op supposed to give their opinion rather than dump articles....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

listermint wrote: »
    Isn't the op supposed to give their opinion rather than dump articles....

Baby steps...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement