Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burnley v Manchester United 23/4/17 k/o 14.15 Sky.

• 23-04-2017 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Burnley-_Man-_United-_Match-_Centre.jpg

848.jpg

Burnley
    Subs from Pope, Robinson, Flanagan, Defour, Westwood, Gudmundsson, Arfield, Tarkowski, Darikwa, Agyei

Doubtful Arfield (hamstring), Barton (disciplinary), Gudmundsson (knee), Vokes (hamstring)

Injured Marney (knee, Oct), Long (knee, unknown)

Suspended None

Form LDLWDL

Discipline Y60 R2

Leading scorer Gray 8

Manchester United
    Subs from Pereira, Romero, Rooney, Martial, Carrick, Shaw, Fosu-Mensah, Fellaini, Tuanzebe, Borthwick-Jackson

Doubtful None

Injured Jones (toe, 13 May), Smalling (knee, 13 May), Mata (groin, Aug), Ibrahimovic (knee, unknown), Rojo (knee, unknown), Wilson (knee, unknown)

Suspended None

Form DWDDWW

Discipline Y69 R1

Leading scorer Ibrahimovic 17

20170423_110320.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

burvsmun.png

Team News

Burnley: Manager Sean Dyche has revealed that Sam Vokes and Scott Arfield are both doubts for the visit of the Red Devils. Dean Marney is a long-term absentee with a cruciate ligament injury.

Likely XI: Tom Heaton; Matt Lowton, Michael Keane, Ben Mee, Stephen Ward; Kris Boyd, Joey Barton, Jeff Hendrick, Robbie Brady; Ashley Barnes, Andre Gray

Manchester United: After their game on Thursday, Marcos Rojo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic have been added to the Red Devils injury list. Juan Mata, Chris Smalling and Phil Jones will also miss the trip to Burnley.

Likely XI: David De Gea; Antonio Valencia, Eric Bailly, Daley Blind, Luke Shaw; Michael Carrick, Paul Pogba, Ander Herrera; Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

You Zerked it :pac:

• Squad starting to get worryingly thin.

A win and no injuries would be a good days work.

astradave wrote: »
    You Zerked it :pac:

Check the time both were posted.;) It's a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Valencia wasn't with match day squad yesterday at the hotel either hopefully he joining up later.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Check the time both were posted.;) It's a draw.

Your one came up after his one so by definition you lose, watch when they merge the threads :p

jayo26 wrote: »
    Valencia wasn't with match day squad yesterday at the hotel either hopefully he joining up later.

Seems to be a trend with him.

Your one came up after his one so by definition you lose, watch when they merge the threads :p

So Jayo gets blamed if things go wrong.:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Seems to be a trend with him.

Jose said he had a muscle injury and couldn't play every game, though I know with the current situation that migth have changed. Wouldn't be surprised to see Darmian and Shaw in there, and in fairness it's the one area we do still have a bit of cover (both LB & RB) with Matteo thankfully.

I actually think Young might start ahead of Shaw with Darmian at RB, and then Val & Shaw vs City.

Jose said he had a muscle injury and couldn't play every game, though I know with the current situation that migth have changed. Wouldn't be surprised to see Darmian and Shaw in there, and in fairness it's the one area we do still have a bit of cover (both LB & RB) with Matteo thankfully.

I actually think Young might start ahead of Shaw with Darmian at RB, and then Val & Shaw vs City.

I'm hoping young starts further up as a wide player Shaw could do with a run of games he should be one of the freshest in the squad.

• Advertisement

If Utd get 3 pts today it'll make the top4 picture much more interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Agree re Shaw, I just feel after only playing a max of 60 mins of late (if I remember correctly), 120 mins & 2 x 90 mins in the space of 8 days might be too much for Shaw. Hence having him as an option off the bench today and to be fresh to start on Thursday.

Agree re Shaw, I just feel after only playing a max of 60 mins of late (if I remember correctly), 120 mins & 2 x 90 mins in the space of 8 days might be too much for Shaw. Hence having him as an option off the bench today and to be fresh to start on Thursday.

He don't be just sitting around when he ain't playing tho you could say he has had another pre season of just training then had 45 mins 60 mins and 120 mins and should still be fresh.

If his cramps were that bad the other night he maybe rested alright bit if he is fresh enough I say play him and give him the confidence.

Also it allows young to play further forward where he can be more use then martial at this moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

A nil nil draw this will surely be? I think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'm hoping young starts further up as a wide player squad.

Absolutely not, he brings zero goal or assists threat and those are what we need. He has a place for certain games but with no end product he shouldn't be near the team for games like this.

Absolutely not, he brings zero goal or assists threat and those are what we need. He has a place for certain games but with no end product he shouldn't be near the team for games like this.

Usually id agree but after seen martials for of late and the fact rashford is threw the middle now I'd prefer young.

He may not have goals or assists in him that we want bit at least he can get past a man and get a cross in.

Usually id agree but after seen martials for of late and the fact rashford is threw the middle now I'd prefer young.

He may not have goals or assists in him that we want bit at least he can get past a man and get a cross in.

I've criticised Martial more than anybody but he has to start today, if Young plays ahead of him then Martial may as well pack his bags now.

Martial still has it in him to have that moment of magic, especially against what is going to be a packed defence.

Though I think he won't even start. Think we will start with Lingard and Mkhi out wide of Rashford and Herrera pogba and Fellani in the middle with Fella playing to combat their aerial challenge

Martial still has it in him to have that moment of magic, especially against what is going to be a packed defence.

Though I think he won't even start. Think we will start with Lingard and Mkhi out wide of Rashford and Herrera pogba and Fellani in the middle with Fella playing to combat their aerial challenge

I actually have a gut feeling that Rashford will be rested, if so I do hope its Martial up front rather than Rooney.

Though in fairness its a Sunday, I wouldn't trust my gut on a Sunday...

I actually have a gut feeling that Rashford will be rested, if so I do hope its Martial up front rather than Rooney.

Though in fairness its a Sunday, I wouldn't trust my gut on a Sunday...

You could be right, Rashford ran his bollox off on Thursday for 120 mins and looked shattered toward the end

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Utd good away from home, 0-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Rooney starts, Rashford on bench

• Liamalone wrote: »
    Rooney starts, Rashford on bench

Makes sense, rested for City
    Time for Rooney to support the team whatever way he can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

De Gea; Darmian, Bailly, Blind, Young; Herrera, Fellaini, Pogba; Lingard, Rooney, Martial.

Miki and Rashford on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Maybe we'll score from a set piece today. Young and Rooney on trying to clear the front man duties?

• Poor tackle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Damn, good defending

• Nearly

Unlucky, good movements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Can Burnley not put the camera in the opposite stand? The sun shining into the camera is really annoying. Always happens here too, must be the sunniest place in England.

Burnleys pressing is excellent

• Pogba and Herrera have started well

2 chances already, hopefully it's not going to be another one of those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Decent enough start. Should be a comfortable 3 points

Super from Pogba

• Advertisement

Super from Pogba

Nice play into Rooney who as usual can't control his feet.It's situations like that where we miss Mata.

Great intensity by both teams so far

Nice play into Rooney who as usual can't control his feet.It's situations like that where we miss Mata.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the link up. Miss the little spaniard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Will somebody attach a large fluorescent pink arrow to the ball please?

Blinds awareness and positioning has been a joy to watch so far

• Advertisement

Next challenge from fellaini is a yellow

Hon martial great counter

MARTIAL YOU BEAUTY!!!!

What a ****ing counter!!!!!

Great break,great goal.

• Fantastic long ball goal

Martiaĺllllllllllllllllllĺ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Such a brilliant counter attack

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A counter attack goal? Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Christ a counter attack and a feckin great goal!

• Advertisement
Advertisement