Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweat Spots?

• 23-04-2017 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Recently started working out intensively over the past month - nearly always twice a day.

Diet is completely clean - no grease, junk food, take aways, alcohol, nothing which would cause spots.

I've never had an issue with spots before I started working out but recently I'm getting outbreaks on my cheeks and on my nose, and a small few on my neck.

Nothing major but they start of as yellowheads., They go away and re-appear.

I live about 10 mins walk from the gym so don't shower immediately.

I read yesterday to throw cold water on my face immediately after workout and cold wet towel on my neck.

Is working out the cause of this?

Would a Nivea face scrub and moisturizer help?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

That's more of a beauty question than a fitness one so I feel happy to answer it!

I'm assuming you're male and you don't do any other skin cleansing so if that's wrong please correct me?

A face wash twice a day and straight after the gym will keep your skin clear, I hear the bulldog range is meant to be good and they do a sensitive one.
    A moisturiser after would be great but again perhaps a light or sensitive one to avoid clogging up your skin more.

Scrubs are really a twice a week deep cleaning tool not a spot fixer and can cause damage if your skin is fragile.

Edit to add - pick up a tub of sudocream and dab it on the spots in the evenings, let it sit for an hour, wipe off with a facecloth and put on moisturiser. The zinc will kill them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

That's more of a beauty question than a fitness one so I feel happy to answer it!

I'm assuming you're male and you don't do any other skin cleansing so if that's wrong please correct me?

A face wash twice a day and straight after the gym will keep your skin clear, I hear the bulldog range is meant to be good and they do a sensitive one.
    A moisturiser after would be great but again perhaps a light or sensitive one to avoid clogging up your skin more.

Scrubs are really a twice a week deep cleaning tool not a spot fixer and can cause damage if your skin is fragile.

Edit to add - pick up a tub of sudocream and dab it on the spots in the evenings, let it sit for an hour, wipe off with a facecloth and put on moisturiser. The zinc will kill them.

Thanks for that. I sweat a ridiculous amount so I'm guessing that's to do with it.

I'll try the face wash and moisturizer and avoid the face scrub :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Thanks for that. I sweat a ridiculous amount so I'm guessing that's to do with it.

I'll try the face wash and moisturizer and avoid the face scrub :)

Oh sorry, yes sweat and the salt in sweat will block your pores so you really need to wash your face straight away. The spots are blocked pores of course
    Cold water will help a little but a proper wash with warm water and a cleanser is the most important thing.

No need to moisturise every time if your skin doesn't feel tight or dry, keeping it clean is the aim and moisturise once a day or more if you feel you need it.

Advertisement