Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Kilteely area?

• 23-04-2017 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi all,

Any opinions good or bad on this area as I'm not too familiar with it.Possibly looking at a house in the area.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LLL11

I'm not too far from there and I think it's a nice spot. The people that I know from there are very friendly but I only know a handful. There are some nice views in parts of the area too.

This might not feature high on your list of priorities when buying a house, but a taxi from Limerick to there will cost you on a night out. I'm about 10 minutes closer to town and it costs €35-€40 so I'd imagine it would be about €50 or so, depending where abouts you are. And a lot of taxi drivers will refuse to drive that far.

It also might feel like a little bit in the middle of nowhere if you don't already know anyone in the area. But nothing that getting involved in the community wouldn't solve.

I don't know if you have kids but Hospital secondary school has a fairly good reputation and is only 10 minutes away. Doon secondary school is only 20 minutes away. And there are a few primary schools around to choose from.

It might be an idea to go to the local pubs a few times to suss out the locals and the atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Piggy-backing on this thread, if I may...

Also looking at a house in the area - with my only query being around Broadband? Are there many providers for the area.

Do you have it? Any idea on speeds/service?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LLL11

I'm not too sure about broadband there. Where I am it's not great but it could be different up there.

Advertisement