Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Delivery Question

Options
  • 23-04-2017 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

Hi, If my item is in Dublin Mail Centre

ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE
    DUBLIN 12 21-Apr-17 15:35

Will it be delivered anywhere in the country tomorrow or will it have to go to Portlaoise tomorrow and then onto the destination on Tuesday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Where is the delivery address?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

amtc wrote: »
    Where is the delivery address?

Sorry, Wexford

Then why would it go near Portlaoise? Direct despatch to Wexford. Should be there tomorrow

amtc wrote: »
    Then why would it go near Portlaoise? Direct despatch to Wexford. Should be there tomorrow

OK thanks, I thought everything that was going outside Dublin had to go to Portlaoise first.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

All international post goes via Portlaoise.

All post for the southeast also goes via Portlaoise for sorting. It then goes to the local delivery office.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    All international post goes via Portlaoise.

All post for the southeast also goes via Portlaoise for sorting. It then goes to the local delivery office.

This item was from international. Any item I've ordered before went straight to Portlaoise and skipped DMC. I was thinking it had to go to Portlaoise. Do you think it will arrive tomorrow or Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Posting the same thread in multiple fora is frowned upon.

ED E wrote: »
    Posting the same thread in multiple fora is frowned upon.

I thought it wasn't letting me add to my previous thread for some reason. Turned out my internet disconnected and they both went up then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All international post does not go into PMC. Parcels are more likely to but letters and packets come into the Air Mail Unit at the airport and mostly go to DMC

Advertisement