Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exporting to MP4 produces HUGE file??

Options
  • 23-04-2017 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi

I hope I am using the correct forum for this query. If not I sure some kind person will point it out.

I am using Hitfilm 4 Express to create some MP4 video files. I have cut some video clips from files, edited them and glued them together to make a new MP4 file.

My problem is that the resulting MP4 file is absolutely HUGE when compared to the original pieces. For example I pieced together 8 different MP4 clips which in their original totalled about 1.8gb. However after exporting my results to a new file it produced a file of 8.8gb.

Is there any way I can produce a smaller MP4 file? The difference in size is HUGE.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Your issue may be with use of codecs.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Your issue may be with use of codecs.

Thanks for reply.

Hitfilm 4 Express seems to have just the one codec, H264 which as far as I know is the standard MP4 codec.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

maximus02 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply.

Hitfilm 4 Express seems to have just the one codec, H264 which as far as I know is the standard MP4 codec.

Your targets are set wrong then. If its an encoder worth using you'll be able to tweak the target bitrate or QF to bring it down.

Advertisement